2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 31, 2016 -> 12:57 PM)
This is kind of what I expect. But, considering Trump's propensity to echo whatever the last person told him, it's also possible he has another "softening" and claims he was wrong, goes back and then finds out that is bad, then tells us there was no softening again.

BUt both are preferable to something worse.

lol pretty much this. He shifted the blame to Central Americans, not Mexicans, and he "softened" on NAFTA and talked about how China was hurting the US and Mexico.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Coulter had a good piece today. When Hillary wins, that's it for the Republican party. Eight more years of Democratic reign buries the Republicans forever. And you all get mad at me, but after Hillary, it's Chelsea for eight more. I sure hope the Clintons have the magic button to fixing our world. Cause America is in trouble right now especially economically. The little guy is eventually going to revolt. The one percenters are sickening.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 1, 2016 -> 12:21 AM)
Coulter had a good piece today. When Hillary wins, that's it for the Republican party. Eight more years of Democratic reign buries the Republicans forever. And you all get mad at me, but after Hillary, it's Chelsea for eight more. I sure hope the Clintons have the magic button to fixing our world. Cause America is in trouble right now especially economically. The little guy is eventually going to revolt. The one percenters are sickening.

:lol:

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 31, 2016 -> 06:21 PM)
And now we find out they DIF talk about paying for wall, Mexico made clear no, trump lied said they didn't talk about it.

Or other way around. Either way... Not shocking

Actually Trump did not Lie. Trump and the President did not discuss. All that was said was the President of Mexico made a statement. Lots to hate upon Trump without making up lies.

DEPORT HILLARY! MAKE MEXICO GREAT AGAIN ALSO!

trump's latest pivot lasted all of a couple of hours despite the media being so obviously desperate for a horse race narrative. Just check out this tweet showing how heavily NYT had to edit their original "Trump pivot!" story they published after the Mexico trip and rally last night.

Edited by StrangeSox

Trump's speech last night was one of his most disturbing and disgusting yet. It's really disheartening that he's still going to get ~40% of the vote.

Heartening counterpoint: A Fox News poll found that a strong plurality of Trump supporters would actually be more likely to vote for him if he softens his immigration stances.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (brett05 @ Sep 1, 2016 -> 06:40 AM)
Actually Trump did not Lie. Trump and the President did not discuss. All that was said was the President of Mexico made a statement. Lots to hate upon Trump without making up lies.

Sure, note that I wrote that as it was happening, not when we got the incredible clarification from Trump that EPN told him no paying for wall and trump...stared at him and left? Then went home and said "THEY ARE PAYING FOR IT".

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 1, 2016 -> 09:52 AM)

Well, the more voters you can suppress, the more idiot conservatives can get into office.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 1, 2016 -> 10:38 AM)
Related, the scotus rejected north Carolinas voter restriction appeal.

Really looking forward to a fully liberal scotus.

It's critical, especially as the GOP won't let go of the religious right garbage?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 1, 2016 -> 01:47 PM)
Trump's speech last night was one of his most disturbing and disgusting yet. It's really disheartening that he's still going to get ~40% of the vote.

Some of us Americans think it's 'disheartening' Hillary Clinton is going to get at least 60-70 percent of the vote. IMO she is a despicable candidate. I can't sleep thinking about her 8 years and what's going to happen.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 2, 2016 -> 08:20 AM)
Hillary needs to abandon her current campaign slogan and immediately turn to "Taco Trucks on Every Corner"

because i want that

Thought the same last night. That would be my dream.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 1, 2016 -> 10:10 PM)
Americans like war criminals more than racists.

It's pretty incredible that the GOP was given a candidate worse than Clinton. I'm not that old, but this seems like a historical election solely based on how horrible the bipartisan candidates are.

And the guy who finished 2nd in the GOP race is probably the worst of all three. It's amazing.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 2, 2016 -> 09:29 AM)
You'd hope she'd reject it, but probably not.

She should reject it, but she will probably accept it. They are friends.

Trump gets a lot of crap for the David Duke endorsement. Clinton should get the same treatment for this, if not worse.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 2, 2016 -> 09:41 AM)
She should reject it, but she will probably accept it. They are friends.

Trump gets a lot of crap for the David Duke endorsement. Clinton should get the same treatment for this, if not worse.

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt