2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 11:47 AM)
On the other hand, Ryan just announced that he's hitting the campaign trail with Trump.

I dont think its to support him IMO. Obviously pushing their agenda is a lot easier with Trump in the WH, but I still think winning congress is more important to him (Ryan).

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 12:08 PM)
Oh most definitely, but it's harder to separate yourself from Trump when you keep supporting him like that.

He's eyeing slipping their legislation through budgetary loophole and then running for president in 2020.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 07:45 AM)
I'd but Roe v Wade there. The overturn on Prop 8 (though personally I think marriage should be left out of the government completely no matter how it is defined)

Roe vs Wade is old, like were any of the current justices involved in that decision?

The government has business with marriage as long as people benefit from it. If you eliminate the benefits of being married, then yes, they should not have a say in it.

Do you have any additional cases?

I agree about the Obamacare mandate being bad.

Edited by pettie4sox

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 01:11 PM)
He's eyeing slipping their legislation through budgetary loophole and then running for president in 2020.

Paul Ryan is a phony and a political coward, but he will absolutely get a pass for this and get to keep the "thoughtful, earnest conservative" label no matter what happens.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 12:28 PM)
Paul Ryan is a phony and a political coward, but he will absolutely get a pass for this and get to keep the "thoughtful, earnest conservative" label no matter what happens.

BUT HE DOES P90X!!!

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 10:19 AM)
Dude said basically that this segment is supposed to be funny and people need to lighten up. This is why the vast majority of comedians aren't conservative, save for the occasional Larry the Cable Guy or unfunny Dennis Miller.

Basically, we're at a point where Asian people are the easy targets for jokes because they don't fight back (usually) but also largely due to the perception they're better off economically, test scores-wise/IQ, etc., than whites, so it's harmless. It's okay to make fun of those on top, regardless of their past history in the US.

For an example, the Academy Awards gag with the three Asian kids.

Never in a million years could Chris Rock get away with using three Hispanic, Native American or even white kids as props in a joke...

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 11:13 AM)
Correct, scientific polls of actual people typically don't reach the totals of online polls that can be answered repeatedly by the same person over and over, or bots.

For which there is no evidence of "stuffing."

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 11:04 AM)
yess yesssssssssss unskew Unskew UNSKEW those polls!

brett do you follow Bill Mitchell on twitter? Seems like he'd be right up your alley re: polls

I do not

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 11:10 AM)
should I just respond "I think it's been discussed in this thread enough" while I'm waiting for you to respond to what Badger and Illinilaw said yesterday and today? How long ago did you dismiss voter disenfranchisement in NC? Any more polls that you can post while at the same time claiming conspiracy?

1) I claimed no conspiracy.

2) What factual item did either Badger or Illinilaw bring up that was factual?

3) Are you saying that it's FACTUAL that the voter law passed in NC was to deny a race or multiple races?

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 12:12 PM)
Roe vs Wade is old, like were any of the current justices involved in that decision?

The government has business with marriage as long as their benefits from it. If you eliminate the benefits of being married, then yes, they should not have a say in it.

Do you have any additional cases?

I agree about the Obamacare mandate being bad.

Married people should not get special privilege.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 01:08 PM)

There were posts on pro-trump message boards directing people to go vote at those polls.

Regardless, you're still missing the underlying problem with self-selected polls. They're basically guaranteed to not be a representative sample of the population at large, as opposed to scientific polls which attempt to be. Those online polls are a result applicable only to the people who sought out and voted in those polls and you can't extrapolate those results to any larger population group. Scientific polling attempts to get a sample whose demographics closely resemble the population of interest at large. Building out the model of what the expected voter demographics will be is inherently subjective, but the results are still at least somewhat representative whereas those online polls aren't and never could be.

This really doesn't matter, because in the week-plus since this conversation over internet polls started, Trump's taken a big dive in the ACTUAL polls, and all that creeping-back he did in September is basically wiped out.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 08:08 PM)

The fact that the stuffable polls massively contradicted the non-stuffable polls is extremely strong evidence that they were stuffed.

...And there's the posts on Reddit and 4chan where Trump supporters talked about spamming those polls. http://www.dailydot.com/layer8/trump-clint...han-the-donald/

Hillary Clinton -333

Donald Trump +250

That's a wrap folks.

They even have prop bets for Trump's tie color and Clinton's jacket. Too funny.

EDIT: Seriously go to Bovada's Politics section for a real laugh. These prop bets are insane!

Edited by pettie4sox

right wing has degraded into unskewing hurricanes now

MATT DRUDGE @DRUDGE

Hurricane Center has monopoly on data. No way of verifying claims. Nassau ground observations DID NOT match statements! 165mph gusts? WHERE?

1:37 PM - 6 Oct 2016

CuHINJmVUAIx-z_.jpg

also ties into the lol online polls discussion

CuHEDUkWcAAU32u.jpg

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 6, 2016 -> 02:22 PM)
There were posts on pro-trump message boards directing people to go vote at those polls.

Regardless, you're still missing the underlying problem with self-selected polls. They're basically guaranteed to not be a representative sample of the population at large, as opposed to scientific polls which attempt to be. Those online polls are a result applicable only to the people who sought out and voted in those polls and you can't extrapolate those results to any larger population group. Scientific polling attempts to get a sample whose demographics closely resemble the population of interest at large. Building out the model of what the expected voter demographics will be is inherently subjective, but the results are still at least somewhat representative whereas those online polls aren't and never could be.

And yet I know all of this. All I stated were that the majority of polls were Trump and that was true. I think you all need some Valium

QUOTE (brett05 @ Sep 27, 2016 -> 10:37 AM)
And how many of those were one on one? That's right...Zero.

You are right. I did find a couple more that favored Hillary. 90+% of the polls favor Donald. Deny the truth all you wish my friend.

See this post really gives the impression that you don't really understand. You seem to think or at least thought that us dismissing the online polls was wishful thinking, that Trump actually won that debate and that the election is his for the taking.