2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 03:36 PM)
This is also the party that put Sarah Palin in the VP chair. From a talent evaluation standpoint, they are like the White Sox of politics...

Palin is less excusable from an RNC perspective since she was chosen, not voted in.

And it's the RNC's fault for not talking legitimate candidates into run in the primaries. Look at the s*** list of candidates that threw their name in.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 09:27 PM)
Palin is less excusable from an RNC perspective since she was chosen, not voted in.

And it's the RNC's fault for not talking legitimate candidates into run in the primaries. Look at the s*** list of candidates that threw their name in.

Who were you looking for? I'm not an expert in the GOP lineup so I don't know the non-household names, but it seems like they covered their bases pretty well.

Well-Established Establishment (Bush, Kasich, Christie)

Establishment Up-and-Comers (Rubio, Walker, Jindal)

Tea Party Star (Cruz)

The Libertarian (Paul)

Religious Right bros (Huck, Santorum)

Randoms (Trump, Carson, Fiorina)

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 04:36 PM)
Who were you looking for? I'm not an expert in the GOP lineup so I don't know the non-household names, but it seems like they covered their bases pretty well.

Tea Party Star (Cruz)

The Libertarian (Paul)

Yeah, that's a lot of candidates to choose from and out of all them, probably Kasich and Bush would have at least a chance to run a decent campaign against Clinton.

I mean the Republicans don't have an up and coming all star like Obama was touted when he became a junior Senator?

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 04:36 PM)

Tea Party Star (Cruz)

The Libertarian (Paul)

I didn't consider any of those names to be too exciting on a national level. You've got religious guys that have zero shot at a national election (Huck, Santorum, Cruz), you've got has-beens that never gained traction nationally (Jindal, Paul), crazy people (Trump, Cruz), inexperienced people (Trump, Carson, Fiorina), legacy candidate (Bush), and controversial, center right leaning guys like Kasich and Christie.

Rubio, Kasich and Bush were the only legitimate candidates and i'm not surprised Bush was immediately ignored. He's a Bush and people are tired of them. Kasich is apparently too reasonable, I guess that's why he never caught on. And Rubio I dunno. Seemed inexperienced at times.

I would have begged and pleaded and done everything possible to get Romney or Ryan on the ticket.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 04:36 PM)
Deepest bench ever! was how conservative media hyped it.

They could have told Trump to pound sand from day 1, but they knew that parts of their base would be apoplectic.

They really wanted Rubio to come through but instead his software continually froze.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 06:23 AM)
Greg, appointing a special prosecutor because he won is basically creating a banana republic.

You want a dictatorship. It's OK.

I said Trump amuses me. I never said I'd vote for him. I won't vote for him as a matter of fact. I swear to God (and I am Catholic) I will vote for a write-in (likely Ventura but don't hold me to him yet). From my posts about God you know of all people I would not make this statement if I intended on lying.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 10:27 AM)
It's sad that you think a zinger with zero substance won this debate. It's sad that there are many out there like you that grab on to this clueless demagogue wannabe and prop him up under the pretense that you are voting for someone else(you're not).

It's even more sad when you refer to yourself in the third person because you are using an online alias

Zingers win all debates. Remember the Jack Kennedy line? This was the zinger that won the debate. Why do you hate me so much? In real life I'd buy you a beer or coffee or dinner.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 11:12 AM)
It's pretty gross when Trump and his supporters act like every man brags about sexual assault when they're with other dudes. There's a difference between being lewd and what Trump said.

I agree. We were talking about this today at lunch. It's not like we are all neanderthal morons just cause we are male.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 09:23 PM)
He should ask Bill Clinton after Monica got off her knees, sure he knows.

Great post. But nobody wants to discuss Bill's exploits and how Hillary allegedly went after those women. Hey we're close to the election. It's all Democratic support from media all the time.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 07:32 PM)
The party of Bill Clinton and Anthony Weiner is lecturing us about sexual morality?

I am upset that the party that talked about sexuality being none of anybody else's business is now using sexuality to win an election, just as much as I am upset that the party of morality has none.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 09:00 PM)
I am upset that the party that talked about sexuality being none of anybody else's business is now using sexuality to win an election, just as much as I am upset that the party of morality has none.

Um.

Sexual orientation =/= sexual assault