2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 01:30 PM)
WRONG. Those people just like Trump so much they're repeatedly donating.

Besides, why is Hillary HACKING Trump's website?!?!?!

What really kills me is how little these people know about hacking and how most breaches happen.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5808dfa2e4b0dd54ce389b61?

"Why do some women end up with these procedures later on in their pregnancy? Sometimes it can take weeks or even longer to fully understand what is going on with the fetus. Some patients might think they can make it to term and then at 34 weeks cave and ask to be delivered because they just can’t bear one more person asking them about their baby. Do they just smile and walk away or say, “Well, actually, my baby has no brain and will die at birth”? Some women go to term and others can’t. To judge these women for requesting an early delivery is cruel on so many levels."

Oh man totally surprised that yet another O'Keefe BOMBSHELL turned out to be nothing. "Clinton wanted people dressed up as Donald duck!" Stop the presses, this is an election changer.

oh my god, Clinton had been planing this brutal political assassination for decades.

zlTTH2g.jpg

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 02:28 PM)
You would think scrooge mcduck would be the better duck to use.

Starting to gather that what the Clinton team looks for in a slogan/zinger is similar to what my mom looks for in a birthday card.

She really thought that "Trumped up trickle down" line was gonna be a thing. lol. Trying to get a "horses and bayonets" or "the 80s called and wants its foreign policy back" line

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 01:42 PM)
She really thought that "Trumped up trickle down" line was gonna be a thing. lol. Trying to get a "horses and bayonets" or "the 80s called and wants its foreign policy back" line

It is all about the person delivering it. Despite decades of Hillary doing everything under the sun to win people over, she has zero charisma. A decent amount of the country respects her work, but no one seems to actually *like* her. She doesn't energize people, she doesn't excite people. Donald Trump has done more to excite and energize Democrats than Hillary has. She is the Democrats version of John McCain. She's been around a really long time, been around some really important people and times, and there was nobody better, so she won the nomination.

I promise you if Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, or Ronald Reagan had delivered that line, it would have gone viral. Hillary just doesn't inspire that kind of cult following. In fact Hillary is the kind that inspires people to find a cult for some excitement in their lives.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 03:00 PM)
It is all about the person delivering it. Despite decades of Hillary doing everything under the sun to win people over, she has zero charisma. A decent amount of the country respects her work, but no one seems to actually *like* her. She doesn't energize people, she doesn't excite people. Donald Trump has done more to excite and energize Democrats than Hillary has. She is the Democrats version of John McCain. She's been around a really long time, been around some really important people and times, and there was nobody better, so she won the nomination.

I promise you if Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, or Ronald Reagan had delivered that line, it would have gone viral. Hillary just doesn't inspire that kind of cult following. In fact Hillary is the kind that inspires people to find a cult for some excitement in their lives.

I think everyone more or less agrees that Obama is a funny guy, but he delivers lines like that sometimes too and they fall flat. He grins, as if to say "I said that, so it's funny, right?" Usually it is, but sometimes it seems like he's trying too hard.

Clinton's sense of humor is a lot more dry or sarcastic, she's not like those three at all.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 02:04 PM)
I think everyone more or less agrees that Obama is a funny guy, but he delivers lines like that sometimes too and they fall flat. He grins, as if to say "I said that, so it's funny, right?" Usually it is, but sometimes it seems like he's trying too hard.

Clinton's sense of humor is a lot more dry or sarcastic, she's not like those three at all.

When she is candid on plane that's her sense of humor but her prepared remarks are safe and OBVIOUS as hell. And it works well for non-comedy settings, she was able to lay traps over and over for Trump in debates.

But, she has had legitimately funny people work for her, so it seems to be the cautious nature of the candidate.

I mean, I can visualize the meeting where someone says "what about trumped up trickle down" and it makes me CRINGE.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 03:25 PM)
When she is candid on plane that's her sense of humor but her prepared remarks are safe and OBVIOUS as hell. And it works well for non-comedy settings, she was able to lay traps over and over for Trump in debates.

But, she has had legitimately funny people work for her, so it seems to be the cautious nature of the candidate.

I mean, I can visualize the meeting where someone says "what about trumped up trickle down" and it makes me CRINGE.

She was rattling off the zingers pretty well at the Al Smith dinner. Trump was straight up reading. Which was really out of character...except for the fact that he can't make fun of himself.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 02:04 PM)

When it comes to people of the other party, I still have this base interest to see them and meet them. I love to see how they work a room, a crowd, or just an individual. If Obama were coming to my hometown, I would do whatever I needed to do to see him speak. I did the same for Bill Clinton when he was here in 2008, and damn can that dude still work a room. Even with knowing the guy is full of s*** most of the time when he speaks, I still had a reaction to watching him speak. I was blown away. I imagine Barack being the same way, except more visceral.

I get the feeling that seeing Hillary would be more like meeting Mike Pence where everything came off as fake and forced. Both times I saw/met Pence it felt like he was trying to sell me a used car at above sticker price. My eyes hurt from rolling them so hard.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 03:41 PM)
She was rattling off the zingers pretty well at the Al Smith dinner. Trump was straight up reading. Which was really out of character...except for the fact that he can't make fun of himself.

But that's a different dinner, that's a roast. It's when she tries to bring in humor in mid speech that it's usually weak and contrived.

^^ Yes, like Dangerous Donald.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 04:10 PM)
When it comes to people of the other party, I still have this base interest to see them and meet them. I love to see how they work a room, a crowd, or just an individual. If Obama were coming to my hometown, I would do whatever I needed to do to see him speak. I did the same for Bill Clinton when he was here in 2008, and damn can that dude still work a room. Even with knowing the guy is full of s*** most of the time when he speaks, I still had a reaction to watching him speak. I was blown away. I imagine Barack being the same way, except more visceral.

I get the feeling that seeing Hillary would be more like meeting Mike Pence where everything came off as fake and forced. Both times I saw/met Pence it felt like he was trying to sell me a used car at above sticker price. My eyes hurt from rolling them so hard.

Take it or leave it, but Clinton's main campaign tools are small low key town forums. I think you'd be surprised.

So Michelle Obama has been basically saying what I've been saying for a while about Donald...just way way more articulate than me. I didn't realize what a damn good speaker she really was until these past couple of weeks. What is sad is that what she is saying is totally obvious yet a ton of republicans have there had buried in the sand.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 24, 2016 -> 02:22 PM)
But that's a different dinner, that's a roast. It's when she tries to bring in humor in mid speech that it's usually weak and contrived.

^^ Yes, like Dangerous Donald.

I can't stand Hillary and even I thought she was pretty damn funny. I was laughing at loud in my room watching it. Even my wife (who is a democrat) was in shock cause she is used to me being crankily mccranky whenever I speak about Hillary (of course I'm even worse when it comes to Trump).