2016 Republican Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 03:45 PM)
Debate should be interesting tonight.

Fox has stopped supporting Rubio according to reports. They were very complimentary of Trump on Tuesday. They absolutely destroyed Romney for what he pulled today. Are they ready to embrace Trump?

For me, the key factor to watch is Cruz and Rubio's interactions. If they completely avoid hitting each other, in favor of hitting Trump only, I think that tells you there is some unspoken (or even secretly spoken) collusion going on there. Odd pairing that otherwise wouldn't hold, so that would probably tell you something.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 12:29 PM)
The great thing for Trump followers is you can literally find any position you want in his speeches. You can hear anything you want in his speeches. If you only listen to his words, and not compare it to his life and record, you can even believe his lines.

I will say this with 100% confidence. The one thing I know about Donald Trump is that he does not give a s*** about anyone other than Donald Trump. If someone is expecting him to even do a fraction of what he is saying, they might as well kick themselves in the nuts right now, and get it over with.

Exactly this. Anyone can find what they want to find in Trump. The question is whether they want to look behind the curtain.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 09:48 PM)
Im just glad I dont have to listen to Ben Carson beg for people to attack him so he gets time to talk this time.

Good observation! That was kinda humorous.

I'm a little surprised the media wasn't kinder to Dr. Carson. As the only African-American candidate, in this day and age of PC, you'd think the media would have been a little more careful in regards to treatment of him. They kind of made him seem buffoon-ish. Strange behavior especially after eight years of kid gloves treatment of Obama. There aren't many Republicans in the national political media, I am assuming.

Edited by greg775

Ladies and gentlemen, your Republican candidates for presidency.

If people don't see that Kasich is the only f***ing shot, then the GOP deserve every f***ing thing that's about to happen to them.

Edited by pettie4sox

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 05:14 AM)

If people don't see that Kasich is the only f***ing shot, then the GOP deserve every f***ing thing that's about to happen to them.

It is simply amazing the Republicans can't get a reasonable person, a good candidate, and a guy with a helluva track record the fricking nomination - Mr. Kasich. You said it all. Great great post.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 03:45 PM)
Debate should be interesting tonight.

Fox has stopped supporting Rubio according to reports. They were very complimentary of Trump on Tuesday. They absolutely destroyed Romney for what he pulled today. Are they ready to embrace Trump?

Oh wow I couldn't be more wrong. Fox went all in with the campaign assasination attempt. Prepared slides, carefully clipped videos and all only for Trump. Pretty shameless. Trump handled it though and the establishment continues to embarrass itself.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 10:40 PM)
Oh wow I couldn't be more wrong. Fox went all in with the campaign assasination attempt. Prepared slides, carefully clipped videos and all only for Trump. Pretty shameless. Trump handled it though and the establishment continues to embarrass itself.

Taking down the GOP establishment sounds great to me. I'm just not willing to vote for a bigot advocating war crimes in order to do it.

I dont think anyone looked particularly good tonight. Kasich was ok but he kind of just says the same thing over and over. I think hed do well if he got the nomination but doubt it could happen. Rubio and even Cruz to a degree seemed ok until they started trying to turn the debate into a circus by constantly going at Trump. I actually think Trump looked pretty bad, Rubio really got under his skin. Trump could have been worse though considering this was a coordinated effort to take him down.

I thought that now the race was down to four, Kasich would start getting attacks from the others but he didn't. Maybe once he wins Ohio . . .

I'm just hoping that now he's the only one left with the three clowns that he'll start getting more attention. Clearly his strategy is win Ohio and hopefully a few neighboring states and get the the convention with no majority. Then he can make the case (correctly) that he has the best chance of the four to beat Hillary.

If only Trump had the slightest bit of humility, realized this and threw his support behind Kasich, that would be his best chance of preventing Hillary from becoming President.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 07:12 AM)
Kasich would get completely exposed if anyone actually cared about him. He also needs to realize nobody thinks well of Ohio.

This. He's not the nice guy he seems right now. However, of who is left standing - he's probably the only of the four that Democrats could live with for a few years.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 10:46 PM)
Taking down the GOP establishment sounds great to me. I'm just not willing to vote for a bigot advocating war crimes in order to do it.

This exactly. Wanting to take a different road is great, but I'm not going to drive off a cliff.

I honestly think many Trump supporters simply don't understand the gravity of the job. Too much media barrage that makes reality shows feel the same as Presidential debates and suddenly some folks equalize them in their minds.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 03:56 AM)
I thought that now the race was down to four, Kasich would start getting attacks from the others but he didn't. Maybe once he wins Ohio . . .

I'm just hoping that now he's the only one left with the three clowns that he'll start getting more attention. Clearly his strategy is win Ohio and hopefully a few neighboring states and get the the convention with no majority. Then he can make the case (correctly) that he has the best chance of the four to beat Hillary.

If only Trump had the slightest bit of humility, realized this and threw his support behind Kasich, that would be his best chance of preventing Hillary from becoming President.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA

Trump is an egomaniac. The dude really doesn't care about GOP, he cares about himself.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 09:42 AM)
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA

Trump is an egomaniac. The dude really doesn't care about GOP, he cares about himself.

Seriously. Donald Trump isn't wanting to go to Washington for anyone other than himself.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 10:52 AM)
Seriously. Donald Trump isn't wanting to go to Washington for anyone other than himself.

Yep. Leaving aside any of Trump's politics, he's made his fortune (expanded his fortune is more accurate) by exploiting the current financial system (eminent domain, Chapter 11 bankruptcy) to the exclusive benefit of Donald Trump.

The guy was born right. He claims to have "only" obtained a $1M loan from his father to get started in business, and he used his father's credit (personal guarantees) and political connections to expand that fortune.

Anyone that thinks Trump is Mr. Smith heading to Washington to help the little guy burdened by a corrupt system is just not paying attention.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 09:58 AM)
Yep. Leaving aside any of Trump's politics, he's made his fortune (expanded his fortune is more accurate) by exploiting the current financial system (eminent domain, Chapter 11 bankruptcy) to the exclusive benefit of Donald Trump.

The guy was born right. He claims to have "only" obtained a $1M loan from his father to get started in business, and he used his father's credit (personal guarantees) and political connections to expand that fortune.

Anyone that thinks Trump is Mr. Smith heading to Washington to help the little guy burdened by a corrupt system is just not paying attention.

And if anyone thinks Trump is going to go to Washington and pull the plug on the things that made him rich is in denial.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 08:54 PM)
Also, now I really want to hear what is on those New York times tapes.

We should. Trump is feeding whatever BS possible to get into the white house. Now part of me feels good about that, cause if he was serious about half the stuff he said and somehow got elected, we'd be screwed. But it is also just shameful...beyond typical political games.

I thought Kasich was fine (actually got more air time than Rubio), but he's not electric. That said, I don't think he has to be, he's the best candidate on either party to make this country better. That doesn't seem to matter though. Experience (check), track record (check), ability to enact change and work with others (check). I was surprised, but I didn't really have any issues with anything Cruz did (and normally I did). I suppose I'm warming up a bit to him.

What I'd give for Kasich to take Ohio and get some momentum and win a few states and get this thing to a brokered convention.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 04:12 AM)
Kasich would get completely exposed if anyone actually cared about him. He also needs to realize nobody thinks well of Ohio.

Why exactly would he get exposed? All he has is a track record of success (every where he's went)? Because he's boring and cerebral? Is that why he'd be exposed? Or are you referring to how aggressive he has been in the past to get things done (that ended up being pretty successful)? Dude knows policy well and is actually relatively moderate.

Why exactly would he get exposed? All he has is a track record of success (every where he's went)? Because he's boring and cerebral? Is that why he'd be exposed? Or are you referring to how aggressive he has been in the past to get things done (that ended up being pretty successful)? Dude knows policy well and is actually relatively moderate.

He's moderate on social issues (except abortion) but his tax plan, while not nearly as far right as Cruz/Rubio, is still not very friendly to the middle/lower classes. He seems more willing to compromise across the aisle though which would never happen with the others, especially not Cruz.