2016 Republican Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 11:22 AM)
Interesting how quickly people figured out who three of them are and given who the three are, I suppose it could be more valid or it could be a bunch of nonsense. I presume Donald would have no reason to drive something like this, given he's had his own marital issues. Given the high stature Ted holds himself to, this would be a pretty big blow to his "character" if true.

But his marital issues are a known commodity. No one cares about it anymore.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 09:27 AM)
But his marital issues are a known commodity. No one cares about it anymore.

I should point out, I'm not a fan of either of them, but I always had an opinion that while I disagreed with Ted, I at least could commend him for sticking to his core principles, etc. This would be a big game changer in that arena. What's next, Bernie is having an affair with Melania Trump?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 11:42 AM)
I should point out, I'm not a fan of either of them, but I always had an opinion that while I disagreed with Ted, I at least could commend him for sticking to his core principles, etc. This would be a big game changer in that arena. What's next, Bernie is having an affair with Melania Trump?

I'd vote for Bernie if that was the case.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 11:42 AM)

That is exactly why this is a much bigger deal for Cruz.

Excepting when the subject is aliens and Elvis (you know, folks who can't sue), the Enquirer, which has lawyers up the wazoo, has a pretty good track record on things like this, so I put odds on truth as good, but odds that Cruz quits as low.

Ted Cruz

47 mins ·

I want to be crystal clear: these attacks are garbage. For Donald J. Trump to enlist his friends at the National Enquirer and his political henchmen to do his bidding shows you that there is no low Donald won’t go.

These smears are completely false, they’re offensive to Heidi and me, they’re offensive to our daughters, and they’re offensive to everyone Donald continues to personally attack.

Donald Trump’s consistently disgraceful behavior is beneath the office we are seeking and we are not going to follow.

So what hes saying is that if his superpac attacks Trumps wife that isnt his responsibility or fault. But if the National Enquirer publishes something about him than its Trumps fault.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 01:27 PM)
So what hes saying is that if his superpac attacks Trumps wife that isnt his responsibility or fault. But if the National Enquirer publishes something about him than its Trumps fault.

Sounds about right.

True or false, he should double down and sue immediately. I bet he does.

I have no idea whether or not the cover story about Ted Cruz in this week’s issue of the National Enquirer is true or not, but I had absolutely nothing to do with it, did not know about it, and have not, as yet, read it.

Likewise, I have nothing to do with the National Enquirer and unlike Lyin’ Ted Cruz I do not surround myself with political hacks and henchman and then pretend total innocence. Ted Cruz’s problem with the National Enquirer is his and his alone, and while they were right about O.J. Simpson, John Edwards, and many others, I certainly hope they are not right about Lyin’ Ted Cruz.

I look forward to spending the week in Wisconsin, winning the Republican nomination and ultimately the Presidency in order to Make America Great Again.

- Donald J. Trump

Masterful reply after Cruz accused him of planting this.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 01:27 PM)

Except it wasn't his PAC, it was Rubio's PAC before he dropped out, and they hate trump.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 01:34 PM)
Sounds about right.

True or false, he should double down and sue immediately. I bet he does.

I believe they only said there are rumors of his cheating out there, not that he cheated. And there ARE rumors of it. However they know full well that even saying 'there are rumors...' that most people won't notice the difference and think whatever they were already inclined to believe.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 03:28 PM)
Except it wasn't his PAC, it was Rubio's PAC before he dropped out, and they hate trump.

It still benefited Ted Cruz and said to vote for him on it. I dont really care either way, the mud slinging is beyond ridiculous at this point, but Ted Cruz is no victim.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 03:32 PM)
It still benefited Ted Cruz and said to vote for him on it. I dont really care either way, the mud slinging is beyond ridiculous at this point, but Ted Cruz is no victim.

Neither are victims, but both sure do love to play them on TV.

Okay seeing Amanda Carpenters old tweets I've gone about 50/50 to 95% sure this story is true. She basically stopped just short of explicitly outting herself over and over and over again before this was a story. Oh and trying to delete those doesn't look good either.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

From a student at Harvard:

In a class I attended earlier this semester, a large portion of the first meeting was devoted to compiling a list of rules for class discussion. A student contended that as a woman, she would be unable to sit across from a student who declared that he was strongly against abortion, and the other students in the seminar vigorously defended this declaration. The professor remained silent. In a recent conversation with peers, I posed a question about a verse from the Bible. A Harvard employee in the room immediately interjected, informing me that we were in a safe space and I was thus not permitted to discuss the controversial biblical passage. And these are just stories from the past three months.

Keep up the good work Liberals....

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 01:57 PM)

In a class I attended earlier this semester, a large portion of the first meeting was devoted to compiling a list of rules for class discussion. A student contended that as a woman, she would be unable to sit across from a student who declared that he was strongly against abortion, and the other students in the seminar vigorously defended this declaration. The professor remained silent. In a recent conversation with peers, I posed a question about a verse from the Bible. A Harvard employee in the room immediately interjected, informing me that we were in a safe space and I was thus not permitted to discuss the controversial biblical passage. And these are just stories from the past three months.

Keep up the good work Liberals....

saw it on the internet. seems legit

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 06:57 PM)

The student who wrote this? Albert Einstein.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 05:44 PM)
(and than Bush Jr decided he wanted to go spend crazy).

You really need to go back to Reagan. Reagan taught Washington that you can cut taxes and have social programs. Make everyone happy while running up the debt. We've been in that mode since.