2016 Republican Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 01:28 PM)
Sounds like Pence is a done deal as Trump's VP candidate.

I read that Pence was using campaign funds to cover his living expenses, but that it was totally legit. I'm kinda confused though, I didn't know that was legal, isn't that what Jesse Jackson Jr. went to prison for?

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 12:35 PM)
I read that Pence was using campaign funds to cover his living expenses, but that it was totally legit. I'm kinda confused though, I didn't know that was legal, isn't that what Jesse Jackson Jr. went to prison for?

I hadn't heard that one. Being in the Chicago market for TV and news, I don't always hear the dirt out of Indy. But no, it wouldn't shock me. I actually met the dude during his first run, and he came off as a slimy used car salesman. Nothing he has done since getting into office has changed my mind either.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 06:39 PM)
Trump should have definitely chose a person of color to be his VP.

Old white guys for the win I suppose.

GOP is throwing this election again. That should be a f***ing crime.

What are you talking about? Mike Pence will attract many young people, women, and minorities to the Trump ticket.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 12:43 PM)
I hadn't heard that one. Being in the Chicago market for TV and news, I don't always hear the dirt out of Indy. But no, it wouldn't shock me. I actually met the dude during his first run, and he came off as a slimy used car salesman. Nothing he has done since getting into office has changed my mind either.

Apparently the loophole is you can do it when running for office, but not when in office.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com...mp;slug=1089789

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 12:58 PM)
Ok, Jackson must've been doing it outside of a campaign cycle. Didn't know that.

Key stuff:

A handful of challengers have found a loophole in the election law that allows them to use campaign contributions for personal expenses such as home mortgage and car payments, groceries, clothes, golf games and parking tickets.

Incumbents are forbidden to take advantage of the loophole.

In fact, while members of Congress are barred from using campaign funds to pay personal bills, the lawmakers are allowed to decide for themselves what constitutes legitimate campaign expenses, and many lease or purchase automobiles, travel to luxury resorts outside their districts, enjoy expensive dinners at posh restaurants and buy tickets to sporting events, and pay for them with campaign funds.

Now that Trump picked a chump, you just know Hillary is dying to pick a woman to be her running mate. I'm sure she's just a tad bit torn however. She's probably not wanting to push her luck going with an all female ticket. My prediction is she'll do so, however. She knows Trump is weak and has no chance in hell of beating her. I'm sure she'd much rather have a female pal in Washington to shoot the breeze with on a daily basis the next eight years rather than some gruff man. My guess is she's dying to pull the trigger and name a fellow female but a tad scared SOME members of the public might freak out and be afraid of two women in charge.

Is Warren on the record saying she won't accept a Veep bid?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 15, 2016 -> 12:25 PM)
Now that Trump picked a chump, you just know Hillary is dying to pick a woman to be her running mate. I'm sure she's just a tad bit torn however. She's probably not wanting to push her luck going with an all female ticket. My prediction is she'll do so, however. She knows Trump is weak and has no chance in hell of beating her. I'm sure she'd much rather have a female pal in Washington to shoot the breeze with on a daily basis the next eight years rather than some gruff man. My guess is she's dying to pull the trigger and name a fellow female but a tad scared SOME members of the public might freak out and be afraid of two women in charge.

This officially confirmed the fact that you are sexist. You assume a women is going to pick another women because they'll hypothetically get along more and than pose it as men being gruff, etc. Ridiculous.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 15, 2016 -> 02:25 PM)

greg can I please hire you as a personal troll, I know many blogs that are looking for grade A premium trolls such as yourself.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 15, 2016 -> 03:25 PM)
Now that Drumpf picked a chump, you just know Hillary is dying to pick a woman to be her running mate. I'm sure she's just a tad bit torn however. She's probably not wanting to push her luck going with an all female ticket. My prediction is she'll do so, however. She knows Drumpf is weak and has no chance in hell of beating her. I'm sure she'd much rather have a female pal in Washington to shoot the breeze with on a daily basis the next eight years rather than some gruff man. My guess is she's dying to pull the trigger and name a fellow female but a tad scared SOME members of the public might freak out and be afraid of two women in charge.

Dude. Not OK.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 12:28 AM)
This officially confirmed the fact that you are sexist. You assume a women is going to pick another women because they'll hypothetically get along more and than pose it as men being gruff, etc. Ridiculous.

I'm not sexist. I also heard tonight coincidentally Hillary has spoken to Warren. I'm actually not sexist but right. I predicted Hillary deep down wants two women, but she might not be brave enough to risk it. I am not a red-neck sexist but they are out there and she may not be brave enough to go with two women. It's obvious she wants Warren, so show some guts and pick her. I have no problem voting in a woman president. I just despise Hillary.

You can't tell me that Limbaugh and the pundits aren't going to discuss the two woman issue. Rather than call me a sexist which I am not, explore the issue of two women on the ticket.

Finally you call me sexist. What do you call all the women out there who ADMIT they ONLY support Hillary because they want a woman to be president. They are not as despicable as you see me?? They are admitting they won't even consider a man. They are the sexist ones.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 01:22 AM)
greg can I please hire you as a personal troll, I know many blogs that are looking for grade A premium trolls such as yourself.

You call me names and yet after my post it was revealed Hillary indeed has spoken to Warren.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 01:50 AM)
I'm not sexist. I also heard tonight coincidentally Hillary has spoken to Warren. I'm actually not sexist but right. I predicted Hillary deep down wants two women, but she might not be brave enough to risk it. I am not a red-neck sexist but they are out there and she may not be brave enough to go with two women. It's obvious she wants Warren, so show some guts and pick her. I have no problem voting in a woman president. I just despise Hillary.

You can't tell me that Limbaugh and the pundits aren't going to discuss the two woman issue. Rather than call me a sexist which I am not, explore the issue of two women on the ticket.

Finally you call me sexist. What do you call all the women out there who ADMIT they ONLY support Hillary because they want a woman to be president. They are not as despicable as you see me?? They are admitting they won't even consider a man. They are the sexist ones.

You call me names and yet after my post it was revealed Hillary indeed has spoken to Warren.

Ok yes, if you clearly stated only that, I doubt many if any would have a problem with your post. It got hairy when you started talking about Hilary picking a woman because she's scared of a gruff man?

I mean where the actual f*** do you get s*** like this?

Edited by pettie4sox

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 16, 2016 -> 03:42 PM)
Ok yes, if you clearly stated only that, I doubt many if any would have a problem with your post. It got hairy when you started talking about Hilary picking a woman because she's scared of a gruff man?

I mean where the actual f*** do you get s*** like this?

She clearly wants a woman on her ticket. You act like the battle of the sexes isn't a part of this race? How many women have spoken out saying the only reason they want Hillary is she is female? Tons want the first female president saying, "It's time." I've heard that a lot on TV already. Of course it's a major reason she will win (the female vote) and you better believe she wants a female running mate to cap this thing off. It's just it might not be wise to pick a female. I'm sure her staff is deciding that now for her, if it's worth the risk since right now she has the election wrapped up. Some of you are ignoring the battle of the sexes in this race??

She has to show some respect to Warren, who's absolutely popular with the same groups Sanders won over and don't really like Hillary but like Trump even less.

Fwiw, they don't particularly like each other....and it would be a shocker for her to be named VP. Same with Sanders. They couldn't control or keep either "on message," and that's anathema to the Clintons, who treasure personally loyalty over all other qualities.