2016 Republican Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 02:18 PM)
So Petraeus ran an unprotected server and let virtually anyone who wanted to read every damn email on her system? he got hacked by the Chinese, Russians and the kid next door? We even found out about this because some nobody hacker got ahold of some emails. If he did it, you know other world actors did. Believing that isn't so because it might hurt someone who represents 'you' in a political sense is just downright stupid.

Petraeus deliberately and knowingly handed classified information to his mistress.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 03:28 PM)
Petraeus deliberately and knowingly handed classified information to his mistress.

And Hillary should have known better since ignorance is no excuse. She deliberately and knowingly had subordinates who were NOT classified handle her information just so she wouldn't be inconvenienced and could keep using her Blackberry. The b**** has been in public life since the stone age, she can't claim to have not known, And if she didn't know, then she should just quit now since she obviously would be suffering from dementia.

deleted double post. Must have senses how strongly I was mashing those keys. ;)

Edited by Alpha Dog

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 03:46 PM)
And Hillary should have known better since ignorance is no excuse. She deliberately and knowingly had subordinates who were NOT classified handle her information just so she wouldn't be inconvenienced and could keep using her Blackberry. The b**** has been in public life since the stone age, she can't claim to have not known, And if she didn't know, then she should just quit now since she obviously would be suffering from dementia.

deleted double post. Must have senses how strongly I was mashing those keys. ;)

whoa calm down man

The worst accusations against Hillary still don't rise to the level of what Patraeus did imo, and he got off lightly. I wasn't commenting on whether that was wrong or not but on how people that high up the chain get treated.

also for whatever it's worth, the security logs on her server did not show any signs of hacking

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 03:51 PM)
whoa calm down man

The worst accusations against Hillary still don't rise to the level of what Patraeus did imo, and he got off lightly. I wasn't commenting on whether that was wrong or not but on how people that high up the chain get treated.

also for whatever it's worth, the security logs on her server did not show any signs of hacking

You do live in a bubble, don't you...

I think deliberate disclosure is worse than negligent disclosure and that a comparably high-ranking official got treated lightly, that's all I'm really saying.

If you're referring to the alleged hacking, well, that article's a lot more recent than the others that turned up from last year regarding that issue.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 08:37 PM)
and given that truism, isn't Hillary the most capable leader of the current field if we take the "trustworthiness" as an even across the board?

This is the funniest thing Ive seen someone say on the internet in weeks.

In response to my Cruz question, I said I liked the flat tax but haven't really studied the guy yet. How come people say he'd actually have a chance against Hillary whereas Trump will get annihilated?

I wasn't meaning to imply Christians are being persecuted. I don't know why everybody says we are bossy and try to implement our faith on others. I NEVER talk about going to church (except on here lol) and praying and all that stuff. I don't even try to get my siblings to return to their faith etc. I keep it to myself.

I don't know why people would say he'd have a chance in the general election. He's probably the worst possible candidate you could have in the GE. At least Trump has the wildcard! factor and has tapped into a political stream not being addressed by others.

I think the theory is that Trump supporters are more likely to vote for Cruz than Cruz supporters for Trump, and at least to a certain extent the polling bears that out, though I agree it doesn't make much sense.

None of this makes sense anymore. Just throw the 100 Senators and 50 governors' names in a hat and draw out two to be President and VP. It would have to be better than Hillary or Trump.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 11:30 AM)
Cruz names Fiorina his VP candidate. Hilarious. Can you get any more desperate?

Was this the 'major announcement' I've been seeing rumblings about?

This is like me naming my running mate.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 06:24 AM)
I don't know why people would say he'd have a chance in the general election. He's probably the worst possible candidate you could have in the GE. At least Trump has the wildcard! factor and has tapped into a political stream not being addressed by others.

Trump has a much better chance to win than Cruz. Cruz can only win the concentrated evangalist states (and even that he hasn't done so great against Trump).

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 10:14 AM)
A desperate attempt to get a larger share of the women's vote. One that will work about as well as it did in 2008.

lets not compare fiorina and palin. I would be perfectly comfortable with Carly as a president. I have zero comfort in Palin as a president. Of course what do I know, no one I'd vote for is even going to be nominated (but if Carly was on the ticket, yes, I'd be fine voting for her....either way, moot point..Trump is the guy).

lets not compare fiorina and palin. I would be perfectly comfortable with Carly as a president. I have zero comfort in Palin as a president. Of course what do I know, no one I'd vote for is even going to be nominated (but if Carly was on the ticket, yes, I'd be fine voting for her....either way, moot point..Trump is the guy).

Palin set the bar very low so in that respect Carly beats it, but has naming a failed primary candidate as the VP ever worked out?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 12:44 PM)
Palin set the bar very low so in that respect Carly beats it, but has naming a failed primary candidate as the VP ever worked out?

Just please if Donald get there, anybody but Christie for VP! Pllleeeaaaassse!!!