Brian

**2016 Films Thread**

They had The Rock (who is half Polynesian) and a Native Hawaiian girl in the main parts.

Why should it be controversial?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 02:02 PM)
The Accountant is good. It's like John Wick or the Equalizer meets Good Will Hunting. Affleck's character lives in Plainfield, Illinois (even though movie was shot in Atlanta).

It was just so predictable, decent action movie with pretty bad acting.

Disney needs to stick to movies about white princes and princesses with the stereotypical body type and morals!!

Ghostbusters was just bad. Has nothing do with the ladies. There were a few chuckles but that story and ending was were awful.

Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates was decent until the actually wedding stuff than none of it was funny or made much sense. Aubrey Plaza though.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 03:56 PM)
Ghostbusters was just bad. Has nothing do with the ladies. There were a few chuckles but that story and ending was were awful.

Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates was decent until the actually wedding stuff than none of it was funny or made much sense. Aubrey Plaza though.

The original movie had the combination of the perfect cast, and a great script. Honestly even part 2 was awful. I have zero desire to see the new one.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 04:14 PM)
The original movie had the combination of the perfect cast, and a great script. Honestly even part 2 was awful. I have zero desire to see the new one.

You son of a b****

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 06:39 PM)
You son of a b****

Eh, literally the only scene I can remember is the scene with Bobby Brown's cameo.

I thought that the new Ghostbusters movie was unremarkable and strained for humor.

I don't think that the film as a fantasy film was bad - it just wasn't really a good comedy film.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 08:54 PM)
Eh, literally the only scene I can remember is the scene with Bobby Brown's cameo.

How could you forget that the Ghostbusters used a NES Advantage to control the Statue of Liberty. For shame

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 08:48 AM)
How could you forget that the Ghostbusters used a NES Advantage to control the Statue of Liberty. For shame

Oh god, why are you bringing back the memories of that movie?

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 03:56 PM)

I love her and also have a huge thing for Anna Kendrick

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 04:38 PM)
Sure wish you guys were around to talk ghostbusters when I wrote my incredible critique.

I thought that was one of the better summer movies, which says a lot about this past summer movie season. Some of it did feel awkward to watch at times, like that dance sequence.

I think the movie should've been a sequel to Ghostbusters 2 with the original surviving cast back in their roles, that would've given the film a lot of good will.

Saw an early screening of Arrival yesterday. It was a bit different than I expect but my friends and I enjoyed it overall.

For a while I thought they were going to pull an Interstellar on us but it ended in an interesting place.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 02:07 PM)
Captain Fantastic was pretty awesome.

I remember seeing the trailer a long time ago then totally forgot about it. Is it on Redbox?

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 02:10 PM)
I remember seeing the trailer a long time ago then totally forgot about it. Is it on Redbox?

I rented it on itunes on my flight this weekend. I really enjoyed it.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 12:22 PM)
Saw an early screening of Arrival yesterday. It was a bit different than I expect but my friends and I enjoyed it overall.

For a while I thought they were going to pull an Interstellar on us but it ended in an interesting place.

Movies about aliens coming to earth often struggle with the ending and don't do it well. Hopefully Arrival does it (NOT ASKING TO KNOW - DON'T TELL ME).