**2016 Films Thread**

Brian

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Nov 22, 2016 -> 04:50 PM)
I loved Fantastic Beast, in my opinion the best Harry Potter (related) film since Azkaban. Although I enjoyed the movie, I really hate that a certain actor is coming back for the remainder of the franchise. This actor in my opinion was the best thing about the entire movie, I do like the actor that replaced him but I don't think they can do menacing quite like the original actor did.

Are you talking about the Colin Ferrell/Johnny Depp swap? Who is going to be coming back fro the rest of the franchise? Ferrell or Depp?

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 30, 2016 -> 10:37 AM)
Maybe I'm just an idiot but it didn't immediately dawn on me that

those were flash forwards of her daughter. By the time I got home I realized what really happened and was blown away.

I started to suspect it when her daughter asked her about some term and she said to ask her father, he's the science one. Read up and didn't put the pieces together that she starts to see the future because she learned the language.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 30, 2016 -> 05:37 PM)

I started to suspect it when her daughter asked her about some term and she said to ask her father, he's the science one. Read up and didn't put the pieces together that she starts to see the future because she learned the language.

They (kinda cheaply) threw a curveball on that by

showing scenes involving the daughter even before Louise had any contact with the aliens and their language. I heard a couple people excuse this by saying that the linearity of the entire movie more or less doesn't count.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Nov 24, 2016 -> 12:26 AM)

Are you talking about the Colin Ferrell/Johnny Depp swap? Who is going to be coming back fro the rest of the franchise? Ferrell or Depp?

I am.

Johnny Depp is coming back for the rest of the franchise. Which is a shame because Collin Ferrell was fantastic.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 24, 2016 -> 12:34 AM)
Or Ezra Miller?

I wonder who he's going to be but I wish he would stop playing the 'disturbed kid' role. All the reporters that visited the JL set said that he's hilarious and is going to steal the movie, so hopefully he does more stuff like that.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 30, 2016 -> 12:10 PM)
They (kinda cheaply) threw a curveball on that by

showing scenes involving the daughter even before Louise had any contact with the aliens and their language. I heard a couple people excuse this by saying that the linearity of the entire movie more or less doesn't count.

I don't think it counts either because as the aliens said, "There is no time."

Edited by Joshua Strong

It took me a long time to let go Transformers, and acknowledge that Bay wasnt going to let it go to someone else and was going to continue making explosions and calling them movies. Being that it was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid, it was 3 movies before i could accept it. I liked the first movie, 2 was straight up garbage, 3 was ok, I actually enjoyed the destruction and fighting in Chicago, 4 was so damn terrible that I just said no more.

Sorry man, just not interested in a transformer being a part of the knights of the roundtable. im out.

http://www.ew.com/gallery/best-movies-2016

Now have seen 8 of the Top 20...have some catching up to do. Movies like Moonlight...no chance to come to China, so have to make do with screeners for the Academy whenever they pop up online.

On the plus side, though, will get to see The Great Wall with Matt Damon first.

Really liked The Handmaiden, but it's definitely not a family movie. Still digesting The Lobster, so to speak. Might need another viewing. On to Sing Street, Ireland/UK music story.

Edited by caulfield12