Brian

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Walking Dead related rant (i'm clearly in the minority here):

I readily admit the show has gotten better over the years. I was a big hater. Hate watched most of the first few seasons. Then it started to get better. Not great, but better. It's a different show from the Herschel farm episodes. But Christ it'd be nice if the show maintained SOME level of continuity from episode to episode or at least season to season. This one is just chalked full of WTF moments, despite some of the fun things nearly every walking dead show has (i.e., Daryl and the opening sequence).

1) How long were Rick and Co. walking around that town? Isn't that town all of 3-4 blocks? Why is it taking them an entire day to move through the herd? They literally started in the middle of the day and then walked until it was dark out. And then that kid decides he's had enough. He's a kid! Pick his ass up and run! Oh but of course you gotta get some deaths (fine) and Carl has to lose an eye (an inch to the right would have been so much better), but then they run for 10 seconds and they're right back where they started! WTF?

2) The Glen nonsense. Again with him getting to this insanely impossible moment only to be saved at the last second. This time with machine guns barreling through zombies a foot away from him, and he walks away unscathed. I'm fine with unrealistic survival or whatever in these shows, but at what point does this just become a comedy instead of a drama? It's basically moved into silly town now.

3) After setting up time and time again that you can't survive against a horde of 10-20 zombies, the entire group survives against a horde of 1000 zombies. Just keep whacking away. Makes sense.

4) My biggest gripe. That f***ing fire. Jesus. So apparently if you light a fire zombies all get attracted to it, walk into it and kill themselves. Makes total sense. They've totally set up that rule in prior episodes that zombies will forgo humans and instead turn around and walk towards flames.

But what's even dumber - why didn't they do that to begin with??? Instead of wasting 8 episodes or whatever dealing with a horde that was STUCK IN A HOLE - which would have been great for a fire - and executing this stupid plan of unleashing that horde into the surrounding area, why not start a fire? I can't remember the comics anymore, but I don't remember any of this nonsense being in the source material. Maybe it was and I'm wrong. But I really, really hate when shows don't do X (and the audience wonders why) and then later on that's exactly what solves the problem. That's some lazy-ass writing.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Feb 15, 2016 -> 11:33 PM)
My thoughts exactly. It was good and has potential, I'll keep watching.

I do worry that the murder will be an unnecessary distraction. Seems like there's plenty of other places in the plot where the show could develop drama/intrigue/conflict.

I said the exact same thing to my wife. Show was interesting enough without a murder.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 16, 2016 -> 03:41 PM)
The most recent X-files episode was just awful.

By awful, I mean like worst episode of the entire 10 season series, awful. Everything about it was just terrible. Mulder was so far out of character it wasn't even funny and the actual story was bland too. I don't know how in a six episode season you can have such a crappy episode. I had thoroughly enjoyed the first 4 episodes too (in fact, I thought they were gaining momentum if anything).

I'm far from a big XFiles fan but feel this reboot has gotten weaker as it has gone on. These TV reboots aren't working in general.

We'll see if Fuller House has any redeeming qualities. At least that's Netflix.

As much as i enjoyed the first season of Agent Carter....I am enjoying the current one that much more. I hear Haley Atwell was cast in another TV pilot and I don't know how that would effect a season 3 but here's hoping for more AC.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 17, 2016 -> 01:41 PM)
2 hours was insanely long.

It had alot of issues but I liked the actors and I'm a sucker for 70s manhattan art scene.

Yeah, I think a 2 hour pilot was a mistake. Probably turned some people away from even giving the show a shot.

I do love Bobby Cannavale though. Him as Gyp Rosetti in season 3 of Boardwalk Empire is a top 3 performance of all time IMO.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 19, 2016 -> 02:29 PM)
I watched the first 3 eps of LOVE on Netflix. It's solid. Gillian Jacobs carries it.

Gets a little weaker as it went. Didn't like main actor. Easy watch though.

ON TWD, Was I the only one who found it sitcom-ish that

after Rick uses the van to chase Jesus he just 'happens' to leave the van up an incline so it can be knocked out of gear and roll into the lake??

That was the worst moment in an other-wise pretty good episode

QUOTE (MEANS @ Feb 22, 2016 -> 08:54 AM)
Jesus is Jason Bourne like

He's a great character. He'll be a great addition to the show

QUOTE (juddling @ Feb 22, 2016 -> 09:43 AM)
ON TWD, Was I the only one who found it sitcom-ish that

after Rick uses the van to chase Jesus he just 'happens' to leave the van up an incline so it can be knocked out of gear and roll into the lake??

That was the worst moment in an other-wise pretty good episode

Yeah, you're right, that was really corny.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 23, 2016 -> 07:19 AM)
The season? finale to X Files was awesome. I really hope they don't let it hang for too long. Great episode.

Yeah...that was a great episode. The return had some good and some terrible, but this was really good. The whole season and how they did it was pretty choppy though, but I'm a fan of having the mini story within an episode with the bigger story arch getting focus (although I know some people aren't necessarily big fans of X-files when it was more focused on the larger story arch).