**2016 TV Watercooler Thread**

Brian

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 08:55 AM)
and in the taco joint.

You think Mike does something very heinous to the uncle.......

The Mike story-line is great and a part of me thinks it is becasue I know somewhat how it ends.

It always seemed like Hector was a stroke victim, but with Vince Gilligan you never know.

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 08:59 AM)
It always seemed like Hector was a stroke victim, but with Vince Gilligan you never know.

That's what I always assumed.

The Mike stuff is great. The Saul/Kim stuff is ok. Hope the last 3 episodes do a tad more with them being bad lawyers and con artists.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 10:05 AM)
That's what I always assumed.

The Mike stuff is great. The Saul/Kim stuff is ok. Hope the last 3 episodes do a tad more with them being bad lawyers and con artists.

It blows me away that we know exactly what happens to all of these characters, well except for where Jimmy is "now", but it is still compelling television.

QUOTE (juddling @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 12:06 PM)
Next week's previews show to Jimmy showing up at his job with the brightly colored suit shirt and tie so I think his transformation into Saul Goodman will be taking place at the end of the season

I don't think he changes name for awhile. Like until Chuck and Kim are gone. I could be wrong.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 12:16 PM)
I don't think he changes name for awhile. Like until Chuck and Kim are gone. I could be wrong.

Saul won't come until all of Jimmy's bridges to his old life are burned. That includes Chuck, Kim, HHM, etc. I also get the feeling that a temptation from Mike will be what brings him down that road for good.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 12:19 PM)
Saul won't come until all of Jimmy's bridges to his old life are burned. That includes Chuck, Kim, HHM, etc. I also get the feeling that a temptation from Mike will be what brings him down that road for good.

Why does Kim need to be out of the picture?

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 02:58 PM)
Why does Kim need to be out of the picture?

I think when he breaks from what makes him Jimmy, it when he quits caring about that ethical voice in his head that keeps him a little bit grounded. When those influences are gone, that is when he becomes Saul. They have already set up that with Kim lecturing Jimmy about the commercials and things like the cons he pulls to get on to the bus with the Sandpiper residents, etc.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 03:03 PM)
I think when he breaks from what makes him Jimmy, it when he quits caring about that ethical voice in his head that keeps him a little bit grounded. When those influences are gone, that is when he becomes Saul. They have already set up that with Kim lecturing Jimmy about the commercials and things like the cons he pulls to get on to the bus with the Sandpiper residents, etc.

I agree with you until last night.

She fleeced the guy for $10K last night and seems to be following Jimmy

Why can't she be in on the con all the way through. Makes the Omaha jump a bigger issue for him......

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 03:57 PM)
I agree with you until last night.

She fleeced the guy for $10K last night and seems to be following Jimmy

Why can't she be in on the con all the way through. Makes the Omaha jump a bigger issue for him......

I suppose she could, but the con thing with Giselle and Viktor seems like more of a game to her. She doesn't ever cross the line for it to be a real con. Remember they make it clear that she isn't cashing the check, but instead is saving it as a souvenir to put on her nightstand mirror.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 03:59 PM)
I suppose she could, but the con thing with Giselle and Viktor seems like more of a game to her. She doesn't ever cross the line for it to be a real con. Remember they make it clear that she isn't cashing the check, but instead is saving it as a souvenir to put on her nightstand mirror.

Yes but she went from not being a part of it, to taking part in it, to ring leading it.......

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 23, 2016 -> 09:11 AM)
Yes but she went from not being a part of it, to taking part in it, to ring leading it.......

Part of her ring leading it was due to her (temporary?) anger at HHM. I wonder if she ends up leaving HHM, and that helps push Jimmy to leave Davis and Main and ultimately become Saul.

As someone mentioned, the previews show Jimmy wearing a loud suit...signs that Saul emerges soon?

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Mar 23, 2016 -> 09:51 AM)
Part of her ring leading it was due to her (temporary?) anger at HHM. I wonder if she ends up leaving HHM, and that helps push Jimmy to leave Davis and Main and ultimately become Saul.

As someone mentioned, the previews show Jimmy wearing a loud suit...signs that Saul emerges soon?

The floppy inflatable flying guy was shown as well

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Mar 23, 2016 -> 05:54 PM)
Im really enjoying American Crime Story. Im not thrilled with Travolta or Cuba's performances but overall its very interesting. All of the Cochran/Clark moments the past few episodes have been great.

I have been checking it out. I am curious how much of that stuff really happened, because a couple of those incidents are pretty hard core, especially between Cochran and the AA ADA.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 23, 2016 -> 06:23 PM)
I have been checking it out. I am curious how much of that stuff really happened, because a couple of those incidents are pretty hard core, especially between Cochran and the AA ADA.

Ya, the way the got the prosecution to ask OJ to try on the glove for them was good.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 23, 2016 -> 08:22 PM)
The OJ Showmis good. Courtney B Vance is great.

Never thought about what jury went thru. Stuck in hotel room for 8 months. I'd have gone nuts.

I remember a few being dismissed. Can't believe 10 in total were dismissed. The show is really solid. Really enjoyed it.

Sneak Peek Trailer from the Walking Dead Season finale (SPOILERS): https://youtu.be/L2IftZbXmxo

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 10:50 AM)
I remember a few being dismissed. Can't believe 10 in total were dismissed. The show is really solid. Really enjoyed it.

Sneak Peek Trailer from the Walking Dead Season finale (SPOILERS): https://youtu.be/L2IftZbXmxo

Is the next episode the finale? I thought there was one more until the finale.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 12:59 PM)
I have a hunch they are going to do the big Negan kill in the finale. I saw something on FB from the actress that plays Carol and she said how sad and dark the finale script is.

I read an article about supposed leaks about the season finale where we will see Negan swing the bat at someone's head but we'll see it from the victim's point of view. And then we won't find out who was killed until the first episode of season 7.

I don't know if I believe it, but you never know.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Mar 25, 2016 -> 11:44 AM)
I read an article about supposed leaks about the season finale where we will see Negan swing the bat at someone's head but we'll see it from the victim's point of view. And then we won't find out who was killed until the first episode of season 7.

I don't know if I believe it, but you never know.

I absolutely believe it. Smart.