**2016 TV Watercooler Thread**

Brian

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 30, 2016 -> 08:21 AM)
I want to like Vinyl. I really do. But I can only take so much of Bobby Cannavale just doing a bunch of coke and screaming. I get it, he has problems. Let's see some of the interesting stuff. More Jamie, more Nasty Bits.

I quit after episode 2. Just wasn't feeling it. All style no substance.

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Better Call Saul is so well done. I was watching the most recent episode (where we might have seen Saul Goodman emerging), and I was thinking how difficult it must be to come up with a origin story for a supporting character from another show. The writers, and Bob Odenkirk for that matter, so a great job developing this guy we knew as a sleazy, crooked lawyer.

On a side note, I can't believe there are only three episodes left this season.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Mar 30, 2016 -> 08:41 AM)
Better Call Saul is so well done. I was watching the most recent episode (where we might have seen Saul Goodman emerging), and I was thinking how difficult it must be to come up with a origin story for a supporting character from another show. The writers, and Bob Odenkirk for that matter, so a great job developing this guy we knew as a sleazy, crooked lawyer.

On a side note, I can't believe there are only three episodes left this season.

Totally agree. Like I said earlier, we know what happens, and yet this is totally compelling television. I can't wait to see where they go with all of the story lines, even knowing where they go at the end of the day.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 30, 2016 -> 08:57 AM)
Wish the Saul stuff was a tad more interesting but the Mike stuff is great.

I think they are intentionally dragging out his downfall to make it all of the more understandable when he hits rock bottom and really finishes the transformation to Saul.

I was only 15 when the OJ trial went down. Never really realized how much of an impact the Furman tapes had. Shouldn't have been allowed IMO. If the jury understood what DNA was, it was open shut case.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 31, 2016 -> 09:41 PM)
Oh damn. Are they filming the next season already, or would it be something coming up from this season?

I would assume it's the season finale this year but not sure.

well here is a couple of esp of what i found to be an extremely funny late night tv host.

but remember, i do not watch tv except for sports ..... but i was given this name to you tube him.... very funny dude.

james corden.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Apr 3, 2016 -> 09:49 PM)
The funny thing is they'll kill like Aaron. So dumb.

I could see Abraham actually. Still think it's Glenn but would not be surprised if it's Darrell because of the new show he has coming up (similar to the Shane ordeal).

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 04:42 AM)
Man, safest and least creative finale ever. Will they ever surprise the viewers again?

They should just flip the script and make Negan the anti-hero we all root for. Our "heros" brought this all on themselves by attacking the Saviors first, and Rick's dumb decisions are hair pulling. They basically deserved this. Negan looks and feels like a total bad-ass, make us root for him.

Why would anyone root for murderous thieves?

And it was the Saviors who attacked first, and remained a threat of attacking again. Rick's group just wants to be left in peace. They made an aggressive move, but they're not the aggressors.

That episode of the Walking Dead was so intense. Last few minutes was awesome.

Only thing that was aggravating was the amount of commercials. It felt like every 5 minutes there was 5 minutes of commercials.

Really good episode of The Walking Dead last night. Negan's entrance was awesome, and the last 15 minutes of the episode were so intense.

I'm okay with the way they left it. We know someone in the group met Lucille. I just hope they don't end up taking the easy road and make it one of the "secondary" characters. It really needs to be Glenn or Daryll or even Abraham.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 10:55 AM)
Really good episode of The Walking Dead last night. Negan's entrance was awesome, and the last 15 minutes of the episode were so intense.

I'm okay with the way they left it. We know someone in the group met Lucille. I just hope they don't end up taking the easy road and make it one of the "secondary" characters. It really needs to be Glenn or Daryll or even Abraham.

I really can't see it being anyone else. And it really shouldn't be anyone else either.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 10:08 AM)
When? Rick and his group made a deal and attacked the Saviors for the Hilltoppers. They made that choice to kill as many of them as possible. If Ricks group wanted be "left in peace", they would have never made that move in the 1st place. The Saviors didn't even know about Rick's group, Rick brought that on his group.

Forgetting about the Negan group that met and tried to kill Daryl, Abraham and Sasha on the road? That was before Rick made that deal.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 03:08 PM)
When? Rick and his group made a deal and attacked the Saviors for the Hilltoppers. They made that choice to kill as many of them as possible. If Ricks group wanted be "left in peace", they would have never made that move in the 1st place. The Saviors didn't even know about Rick's group, Rick brought that on his group.

The Saviors attacked Sasha, Abe, and Daryl on the road. Daryl was also there when Saviors were hunting Dwight's group. And they know through the Hilltoppers (who are reasonably trustworthy and helpful) that the Saviors are aggressive and in the area. There's no chance Alexandria wouldn't have been found.

Rick's miscalculation was thinking that a pre-emptive strike on that satellite building would kill all the Saviors, when they apparently have HUNDREDS more dudes and satellite intelligence and construction vehicles.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 10:14 AM)
I know it is only on HULU, but 11.22.63 was an amazing series. There were a few deviations from the book, but I was really impressed. Glad they did it over 8 episodes instead of trying to cram it into a movie.

I still have a couple of episodes to go, but this was a great series. Really well done.

I'd like to see more Stephen King stuff done like this.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 07:42 AM)
Negan's arrival was awesome. They made a great casting call on that one. Their decision to end the episode on that cliffhanger was really weak though.

Honestly, I don't see how any of us could expect anything less. Either way, I thought it was a fantastic episode. I am betting on Glenn / Daryl or my wild card is they kill Rick's son.