**2016 TV Watercooler Thread**

Brian

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 07:32 AM)
I wonder if the 1973 movie is part of the timeline. It kind of seemed that way when they referenced previous rebellions

So this maybe the Jurassic World of WestWorld?

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought the premiere was pretty fantastic. I read enough reviews to know that its going to take 2-3 episodes to "settle in" given the pretty large cast and multiple storylines, so I wasn't upset that after 75 minutes nothing really happened. Just a bunch of set up.

One minor quibble: the whole things starts to go off the rails because of that picture. Isn't that pretty unbelievable? Looked to me like all the guests are done up in period-dress. I'm sure there would be a requirement that any "modern" item can't be brought into the park. They couldn't think of a better reason for Delores' father to start questioning things?

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 11:41 AM)
I thought the premiere was pretty fantastic. I read enough reviews to know that its going to take 2-3 episodes to "settle in" given the pretty large cast and multiple storylines, so I wasn't upset that after 75 minutes nothing really happened. Just a bunch of set up.

One minor quibble: the whole things starts to go off the rails because of that picture. Isn't that pretty unbelievable? Looked to me like all the guests are done up in period-dress. I'm sure there would be a requirement that any "modern" item can't be brought into the park. They couldn't think of a better reason for Delores' father to start questioning things?

Im sure you are correct about modern items, but that thing clearly had to be put in there on purpose in order to stir things up. I dont think someone would randomly bring in a personal item like that, its just too convenient. Maybe Anthony Hopkins did it in order to prove out his "mistake" coding update

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 02:05 PM)

Im sure you are correct about modern items, but that thing clearly had to be put in there on purpose in order to stir things up. I dont think someone would randomly bring in a personal item like that, its just too convenient. Maybe Anthony Hopkins did it in order to prove out his "mistake" coding update

Its really hard to speculate, but its always possible that someone snuck something in. Or maybe it was the gf/sister/daughter of one of the employees. Who knows, but I think that there may be more to the girl in the picture than "its just a random picture".

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 02:09 PM)

Its really hard to speculate, but its always possible that someone snuck something in. Or maybe it was the gf/sister/daughter of one of the employees. Who knows, but I think that there may be more to the girl in the picture than "its just a random picture".

I'm totally in on it. Love the story lines...that being said.

The picture to me is similar to The Truman Show when people would sneak in and try to tell Truman it was all a hoax. Just my .02.

I did love the way it ended though. Good way to get people motivated to watch next week.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 10:44 PM)
The orchestral version of Paint it Black during the shootout/rampage was awesome and super well done.

And here I s*** my pants during the player piano rendition of Black Hole Sun.

This show owns me.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 02:05 PM)

I had considered it being left there on purpose to as well, but in that case, why a blurry photo? Take a picture inside of a Best Buy or at least a clear photo of the car behind that girl. Just seemed kind of strange. I feel like the only significance of the picture has to be the girl in it, and not someone trying to reveal modern technology.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 4, 2016 -> 11:47 AM)
Anyone else watch Timeless? Not sure how long it will last, but I always like shows/movies/books where you see the outcome when random historical events are changed.

Me and Brian are patiently awaiting Quantum Leap's grand return

Ha I was thinking about Quantum Leap last night after I watched the show. It reminded me of when I was in college and the show was on every day during the day. They played it sequentially and my roommate and I watched them because I never saw the final episode. The day of the final episode the channel it was on didnt work. Every other channel we had worked fine, but that one didnt.

So I have never seen that episode cause well I think Sam interfered and didnt want bad things to happen.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 4, 2016 -> 11:59 AM)
Ha I was thinking about Quantum Leap last night after I watched the show. It reminded me of when I was in college and the show was on every day during the day. They played it sequentially and my roommate and I watched them because I never saw the final episode. The day of the final episode the channel it was on didnt work. Every other channel we had worked fine, but that one didnt.

So I have never seen that episode cause well I think Sam interfered and didnt want bad things to happen.

you gotta watch it

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 4, 2016 -> 04:53 PM)
When it was on there (or hulu I cant remember) I binge watched it like crazy

Netflix but I don't think all the eps were there due to music right so you still have more to watch!!

WestWorld is amazing.

I love how Dolores reacts to the fly, you can see it in her eyes and her face when the fly lands on her.

The Man in Black is an amazing character, I think he was the original guest at the park.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Oct 8, 2016 -> 10:07 PM)
WestWorld is amazing.

I love how Dolores reacts to the fly, you can see it in her eyes and her face when the fly lands on her.

The Man in Black is an amazing character, I think he was the original guest at the park.

You mean from the movie? That would be cool.

Not to get in to details of episode 2 yet, but I really do enjoy Jimmie Simpson. He was really good in Breakout Kings and always reminds me of a young James Spader.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 01:34 AM)
You mean from the movie? That would be cool.

Not to get in to details of episode 2 yet, but I really do enjoy Jimmie Simpson. He was really good in Breakout Kings and always reminds me of a young James Spader.

Agreed. I love him in everything he's in - Sunny, Breakout Kings, House of Cards, and a host of other random s***.

I absolutely adore Westworld.