**2016 TV Watercooler Thread**

Brian

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 16, 2016 -> 08:52 AM)
Yep - Been very much enjoying this season. Very clear that Michonne is ready to fight as are a few others. Question is how long will Rick be held down. At some point clearly all the other communities are going to unite against Negan. Please note I don't read the comic books so this is my speculating not off the comics.

The one thing I struggle with is why the Alexandria community isn't ready to pack it up and flee. Seems like instinctually you'd want to get away from a no win situation and take your chances finding another area to inhabit.

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 16, 2016 -> 10:57 AM)
I know. I feel slightly embarrassed that I'm still sticking with it.

It is a good 40 minutes spent there are worse things to do with your time.

I am actually surprised it has stayed at least decent thus far and it is actually very good this season.

Holding its story much better then LOST and I went down with that plane.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 16, 2016 -> 08:59 AM)
The one thing I struggle with is why the Alexandria community isn't ready to pack it up and flee. Seems like instinctually you'd want to get away from a no win situation and take your chances finding another area to inhabit.

That was the other option, but I think the problem is, a lot of them are so attached to this as there home and didn't have a track record of really fleeing (they've had to sharpen up under Rick's watch, but still nothing like Rick and crew have gone through). Plus, just think about how many of them there are and how they followed the RV and were there for every move. I presume they figure if they flee, they'll be found and caught. A lot of this though is they are probably all in shock and don't necessarily know what to expect.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 16, 2016 -> 10:52 AM)
Yep - Been very much enjoying this season. Very clear that Michonne is ready to fight as are a few others. Question is how long will Rick be held down. At some point clearly all the other communities are going to unite against Negan. Please note I don't read the comic books so this is my speculating not off the comics.

That was what last season proved that the Rick Army is not nearly at that capacity to actually fight larger groups. My guess is internally the Negan crew will turn on themselves.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 16, 2016 -> 11:02 AM)
That was the other option, but I think the problem is, a lot of them are so attached to this as there home and didn't have a track record of really fleeing (they've had to sharpen up under Rick's watch, but still nothing like Rick and crew have gone through). Plus, just think about how many of them there are and how they followed the RV and were there for every move. I presume they figure if they flee, they'll be found and caught. A lot of this though is they are probably all in shock and don't necessarily know what to expect.

I am really liking the fracturing of the story into four separate groups with interesting options in each. The second half of this season could be really good.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 21, 2016 -> 10:46 AM)
I am really liking the fracturing of the story into four separate groups with interesting options in each. The second half of this season could be really good.

Too much Carl last episode though.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 27, 2016 -> 09:44 PM)
Westworld, just continuing to confirm those fan theories!

No s***, they confirmed just about all of them right?

Multiple timelines, Arnold being Bernard, William being the Man in Black, all that s***. One thing I do want to see them explain is how the hell they showed how primitive and rough the original hosts were, yet Dolores looks and acts/moves the same way 30 years later. And why was she not decommissioned or recasted if she killed Arnold and/or became sentient?

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 02:13 AM)
No s***, they confirmed just about all of them right?

Multiple timelines, Arnold being Bernard, William being the Man in Black, all that s***. One thing I do want to see them explain is how the hell they showed how primitive and rough the original hosts were, yet Dolores looks and acts/moves the same way 30 years later. And why was she not decommissioned or recasted if she killed Arnold and/or became sentient?

It seems like Dolores is the prototype for everything currently in the park, she was Arnolds first attempt at creating sentience, which then got him killed

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 02:18 PM)
Anyone find it a little weird that williams brother-in-law had an actual photograph of his fiancee? Like, this is way in future and he is carrying around pictures?

Hadnt thought about it, but my first response was that there is no way you could sneak in a cell phone/computer/etc., but a picture would be possible.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 02:20 PM)
Hadnt thought about it, but my first response was that there is no way you could sneak in a cell phone/computer/etc., but a picture would be possible.

Yeah, just like, how many physical pictures do you own that you just carry around with you? He must be a very good brother.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 04:47 PM)
He showed that to William while William was tied up. He probably searched William for weapons and found it on him.

I do not have any physical pictures of my wife on my persons. Stop rationalizing all, I showed you the plot hole to end all plot holes:

physical pictures in a future society, p'shaw