**2016 TV Watercooler Thread**

Brian

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 08:08 AM)
When? Rick and his group made a deal and attacked the Saviors for the Hilltoppers. They made that choice to kill as many of them as possible. If Ricks group wanted be "left in peace", they would have never made that move in the 1st place. The Saviors didn't even know about Rick's group, Rick brought that on his group.

I just have no real attachment to our Heros anymore. They make dumb decision after dumb decision.

Saviors made the first attack when they ambushed Daryl, Sash, and Abraham.

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 08:30 AM)
Yeah, that's true. I don't know, I still think the move to help the Hilltopers and make the overly aggressive play to wipe out Negan and all the Saviors is on Rick's group. They didn't HAVE to make they call if they were the passive, Nobel group.

Rick and people within the saviors made mention to the fact that Negan made the first move. Even Negan talked about how it went down a bit. Lincoln did a fantastic job, you could literally see the fear in Rick's eyes as they were on there knees, etc. Given I don't know the comics, I'm curious where this turns and I'm also curious about what happens with Carol and company and that new group.

Yeah the Saviors started it all. Plus Rick didn't want another attack on Alexandria like what happened with the Wolves. It was a pre-emptive strike, there's no way he could have known they'd have this many people. But I'm surprised at the overall positive reaction to the cliffhanger here, I thought that was a horrible decision. Really ruined what could have been a great episode, this was their "Red Wedding" moment and they completely blew it. People are going to find out who it is when they start shooting the next season anyway, and having to wait 6 months to see who got the bat ruins a lot of emotional impact the death could have had. Not sure who thought this was a good idea.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 04:46 PM)
Honestly, I don't see how any of us could expect anything less. Either way, I thought it was a fantastic episode. I am betting on Glenn / Daryl or my wild card is they kill Rick's son.

Before the mystery beating, Negan told his goons that if anyone moved, they should cut out Carl's other eye and feed it to Rick. So I'm confident Rick and Carl are 100% in the clear.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 04:55 PM)
Yeah the Saviors started it all. Plus Rick didn't want another attack on Alexandria like what happened with the Wolves. It was a pre-emptive strike, there's no way he could have known they'd have this many people. But I'm surprised at the overall positive reaction to the cliffhanger here, I thought that was a horrible decision. Really ruined what could have been a great episode, this was their "Red Wedding" moment and they completely blew it. People are going to find out who it is when they start shooting the next season anyway, and having to wait 6 months to see who got the bat ruins a lot of emotional impact the death could have had. Not sure who thought this was a good idea.

This cliffhanger decision is going to wreck what is supposed to be one of the most iconic and horrific moments in the series. It didn't take long after the Glenn midseason "death" for images to come out of Steven Yeun filming new scenes and the same thing will happen this time. Hey look, everybody except [victim] is on set filming season 7. I wonder who Negan killed.

I enjoyed the rest of the episode with the RV trip though. A lot of people are describing it as boring and repetitive but I thought it ramped up the tension.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 09:07 AM)
This cliffhanger decision is going to wreck what is supposed to be one of the most iconic and horrific moments in the series. It didn't take long after the Glenn midseason "death" for images to come out of Steven Yeun filming new scenes and the same thing will happen this time. Hey look, everybody except [victim] is on set filming season 7. I wonder who Negan killed.

I enjoyed the rest of the episode with the RV trip though. A lot of people are describing it as boring and repetitive but I thought it ramped up the tension.

I thought it did a great job highlighting just how strong the saviors were and built up the tension for Rick and the group for how screwed they really were. I do agree that I would have much preferred everything to happen. If I were the writers, I'd have all of them "supposedly filming" new scenes just to throw the scent off.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 05:20 PM)
I thought it did a great job highlighting just how strong the saviors were and built up the tension for Rick and the group for how screwed they really were.

Yeah, they've mostly be schlubs up until now. Then they run into a roadblock of 7 dudes. Then 20 dudes. Then 50 dudes. And it's not even the same dudes. This is an army.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 05:20 PM)
I do agree that I would have much preferred everything to happen. If I were the writers, I'd have all of them "supposedly filming" new scenes just to throw the scent off.

I'm sure they can have [victim actor] show up on set and hang out for a bit, but it would be pretty difficult (or at least very labor/money intensive) to do it in a way that actually seems convincing. Like, all the characters actually interacting and performing scenes. And if that was the case, that leak would probably go to the internet as "cliffhanger was bulls*** - none of those characters died", creating a lot of ill will.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 09:28 AM)
Yeah, they've mostly be schlubs up until now. Then they run into a roadblock of 7 dudes. Then 20 dudes. Then 50 dudes. And it's not even the same dudes. This is an army.

I'm sure they can have [victim actor] show up on set and hang out for a bit, but it would be pretty difficult (or at least very labor/money intensive) to do it in a way that actually seems convincing. Like, all the characters actually interacting and performing scenes. And if that was the case, that leak would probably go to the internet as "cliffhanger was bulls*** - none of those characters died", creating a lot of ill will.

I can't get over how this was the first time we've ever seen Rick legitimately scared and I mean liked freaked out scared. Should have just extended it by another 1 minute and end there. To your point, would have made it one of, if not, the most memorable episodes of TWD. I suppose for those who stream and catch up on the show (like I did the first few seasons), you'd never know the difference as long as you start by the time the next season started.

Just wait till the 1st episode of the new season is fully focused on what is going on back at Alexandria ;)

Game Of Thrones can't come soon enough, but at least Fear will be back next week (and I thought that show got better as the season went by...still nothing like TWD). All in all, I honestly felt this was the best season of Walking Dead. Full of badass action sequences, suspense, etc. Very well done.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 11:11 AM)
I've never found anything mob/mafia related to be even slightly interesting. Just not a genre that does anything for me. Glad it's entertaining for others though.

That's how I feel about zombie shows.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 10:59 AM)
Before the mystery beating, Negan told his goons that if anyone moved, they should cut out Carl's other eye and feed it to Rick. So I'm confident Rick and Carl are 100% in the clear.

Yea seems people didn't catch that for some reason. I have no doubts they're fine especially Carl. In the comics, he's actually the main character down the line.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 11:28 AM)
Yea seems people didn't catch that for some reason. I have no doubts they're fine especially Carl. In the comics, he's actually the main character down the line.

Oh, I did catch it. I just figured if the writers were going to take a turn from the comics and shock everyone, Carl would be the person. I heard Negan make that threat (which in theory means Carl is safe, but you never 100% know...just cause he made the thread doens't mean he bashed Carl).

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 09:59 AM)
Shameless is still so good. Characters to invest in and feel for no matter how crappy they are sometimes. Except Frank. F him.

I used to really like it, but it's getting to be too much for me. Everyone is a loser. 3 seasons ago, Frank was hysterical, 2 seasons ago Kev was hilarious, last season, Mickey was great to watch. I found this season to be off a bit. Too depressing. Fiona is a whore, Lip is an alcoholic, Ian has a ton of problems, Deb a 15 year old mother (I thought they spend way too much time on her) Carl a juvenile delinquent. Frank is Frank. Kev and his wife are whacked out as is the Russian girl. There isn't one character with any class. Can't they just have one ? Even every small part, the characters are classless with a ton of problems.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 02:00 PM)
Oh, I did catch it. I just figured if the writers were going to take a turn from the comics and shock everyone, Carl would be the person. I heard Negan make that threat (which in theory means Carl is safe, but you never 100% know...just cause he made the thread doens't mean he bashed Carl).

It just wouldn't make sense to make that threat about cutting his son's eye out if anybody moves when he's already gonna die. :lol:

Your right in theory, but let's just say I would be absolutely shocked and I'd bet the house on it.

EDIT: Saw this going around. Might be legit on why I think it's Glenn.

http://carl-greyems.tumblr.com/private/142...xdeaiypi1v88mdc

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 02:01 PM)
I used to really like it, but it's getting to be too much for me. Everyone is a loser. 3 seasons ago, Frank was hysterical, 2 seasons ago Kev was hilarious, last season, Mickey was great to watch. I found this season to be off a bit. Too depressing. Fiona is a whore, Lip is an alcoholic, Ian has a ton of problems, Deb a 15 year old mother (I thought they spend way too much time on her) Carl a juvenile delinquent. Frank is Frank. Kev and his wife are whacked out as is the Russian girl. There isn't one character with any class. Can't they just have one ? Even every small part, the characters are classless with a ton of problems.

I won't defend Carl. I never liked that kid and Deb joined him this season for me. Felt like everyone was improving and getting a better life than splat! All gone again. Lip is the best character on the show for me.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 02:01 PM)

I think you've hit on the premise of the show. Everyone is deplorable in their own way, and this season they are really focusing on the fact that alot of it is where you come from and the DNA you are given. I could do without Deb's entire story and I was just waiting to see what was going to stop Fiona's wedding (she sucks). This season was kind of dumb, and it was clear the writers are digging for rock bottom, which kind of signals the end of the series coming up soon to me.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 10:14 AM)
I know it is only on HULU, but 11.22.63 was an amazing series. There were a few deviations from the book, but I was really impressed. Glad they did it over 8 episodes instead of trying to cram it into a movie.

I agree. I loved the book, and I think it's one of the best I've read. But I think they did a good job with the series so that it could be enjoyed by anyone. I particularly liked how they kept the ending essentially the same...that was important.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Apr 5, 2016 -> 09:48 AM)
I agree. I loved the book, and I think it's one of the best I've read. But I think they did a good job with the series so that it could be enjoyed by anyone. I particularly liked how they kept the ending essentially the same...that was important.

That book was the best sci-fi book I have read in a decade plus. Usually that is a recipe for a bad adaptation of a book, but they really did do well.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 09:36 AM)
So the People vs OJ Simpson was worth a watch. It got a little corny at times, but there was so much of the personal interaction stuff I knew nothing about. I did everything I could NOT to follow the trial when it was going on.

It was very good but probably took some liberties. Did the jury really stop and hold his first up to OJ as he left?

I think it should of ended with OJ staring at his statue then as the camera zoomed in on his face, it goes from a look of hollowness to an evil smirk into the lens. No? Ok

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 10:02 AM)
It was very good but probably took some liberties. Did the jury really stop and hold his first up to OJ as he left?

I think it should of ended with OJ staring at his statue then as the camera zoomed in on his face, it goes from a look of hollowness to an evil smirk into the lens. No? Ok

I really was waiting to see if they had OJ sort of admit guilt at some point, seeing as he wrote that stupid book after the fact anyway.