**2016 TV Watercooler Thread**

Brian

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ May 2, 2016 -> 04:50 PM)
So, I'm in the process of moving, and I don't have HBO right now. I saw the first episode of GOT, but might not be able to catch up with the others for a little while. It's going to be hard to avoid knowing what's going on. I open up my homepage, and it seems like every other headline has to do with GOT.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 8, 2016 -> 11:23 PM)
I maybe the only one that watches "The Last Man on Earth". They continue to do twists and turns that make me keep watching.

I watch and enjoy it. Phil being Phil is starting to get old though.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ May 9, 2016 -> 07:30 AM)

He can be very annoying at times.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ May 9, 2016 -> 09:30 AM)

I like the show but Phil being Phil is basically the entire premise of the show, it's annoying.

QUOTE (farmteam @ May 8, 2016 -> 10:48 PM)
:lol:

Silicon Valley continues to be great...and Gilfoyle continues to be the best character.

I couldn't stop laughing for an hour after that show ended

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 9, 2016 -> 10:39 AM)
I like the show but Phil being Phil is basically the entire premise of the show, it's annoying.

I know the budget would have been insane, but the 1st episode of the show was the best. Phil doing random s*** that we'd all do if we were truly alone and had anything in the world to do was hilarious.

The twist from this last week, if he's truly gone, is a bummer. I'm growing tired of this cast of characters except for the occasional Todd or Carol moments. I could do without the other three women.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ May 10, 2016 -> 09:37 AM)
I know the budget would have been insane, but the 1st episode of the show was the best. Phil doing random s*** that we'd all do if we were truly alone and had anything in the world to do was hilarious.

The twist from this last week, if he's truly gone, is a bummer. I'm growing tired of this cast of characters except for the occasional Todd or Carol moments. I could do without the other three women.

You knew he had to die eventually. He wasnt going to be a regular.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 10, 2016 -> 10:14 AM)
I thought it was a bit too obvious.

Eh, I liked it. The joke from Richard was so out of nowhere I was barely paying attention I was laughing so hard. Silicon valley is so much better than it deserves to be for a 30 minute sitcom.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 10, 2016 -> 12:50 PM)
Eh, I liked it. The joke from Richard was so out of nowhere I was barely paying attention I was laughing so hard. Silicon valley is so much better than it deserves to be for a 30 minute sitcom.

I thought last season was better than this season thus far but agreed, the show is really funny.

Finally watched this week's Silicon Valley and it was a shining beacon for the best characters on the show so I will provide my infallible rankings:

Gilfoyle

-

-

Dinesh

Erlich (these 2 are interchangeable, Dinesh wins out because of his interactions with Gilfoyle, though Erlich did kill it in the Skunk Works montage and his confrontation with Jack Barker which I was convinced would work)

-

-

Jared

-

Gavin Belson

-

Richard

-

Jian Yang

-

-

-

Big Head/Monica (best comedy around but it's really hurting on interesting female characters, Monica's basically a plot device)

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Laurie (her one scene this week was cringe worthy, really wish they could have just let Suzanne Cryer do her own thing)