**2016 TV Watercooler Thread**

Brian

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 10:27 AM)
I can't wait for the second season.

Less than a month away. I have a feeling the second season will be off the rails. It won't just be a show about hacking and technology.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 11:26 AM)
Less than a month away. I have a feeling the second season will be off the rails. It won't just be a show about hacking and technology.

With the way this season ended, there are a couple of different ways it could go. Hopefully the big reveal doesn't spoil some of the questions you had during the first season, which made it really good.

QUOTE (juddling @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 04:33 PM)
The first two episodes of The Last Ship were on this past weekend and I am still enjoying it. Though it appears they killed off the hot one........

Yeah, it's a good show. You don't have to think too hard while watching it, but it's a good story and very entertaining. As far as killing off the hot one, I have a feeling we'll see her again.

She could have bailed out of the plane before it crashed.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 04:11 AM)
Yeah, it's a good show. You don't have to think too hard while watching it, but it's a good story and very entertaining. As far as killing off the hot one, I have a feeling we'll see her again.

She could have bailed out of the plane before it crashed.

Yeah...I was thinking the same thing. I think she figured it out and she might have escaped with a parachute (however, I could be wrong and maybe her flying back was her hoping to avoid the explosion). Either way, I liked those first two episodes. Was curious how they were going to create the new conflict but it looks interesting.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 05:08 PM)
Watched both seasons of How to get away with murder. I really liked the premise and the beginning of the first season but holy hell that show went off the rails in the 2nd season.

Scandal does the same thing. The first 2 seasons of Scandal are tremendous for a network show. It's not very good anymore.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 08:35 PM)
Vinyl scratched. See what I did there?

That was a very boring show. I think it has a good chance of having the first emmy winner from a show that's been cancelled.

HBO spent so much money on Vinyl that they were forced to delay WestWorld which looks amazing, they had to pull the plug on shows by David Fincher and Steve McQueen, delay shows like True Detective and completely overhaul Lewis and Clark for budgetary reasons.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 12:00 AM)
That was a very boring show. I think it has a good chance of having the first emmy winner from a show that's been cancelled.

HBO spent so much money on Vinyl that they were forced to delay WestWorld which looks amazing, they had to pull the plug on shows by David Fincher and Steve McQueen, delay shows like True Detective and completely overhaul Lewis and Clark for budgetary reasons.

I actually loved Vinyl

Season finale of Turn was great. That show, along with The Americans, is some of the best TV on right now in my opinion.

Another one of my favorites, Tyrant returns next week. Looking forward to that.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 27, 2016 -> 10:31 AM)
I like how Danesh's video chat thing is going to save Pied Piper. For all the s*** that he gets, Danesh finally wins for once.

I thought the finale was kinda lame. Same for the season overall. Just seemed to be treading water with lots of obstacles that magically got resolved. A lot of hilarious moments here and there, but just meh otherwise. I mean, it never, ever made sense to me that a CEO would want to make a box instead of the platform given the excitement around pied piper and the incredible uniqueness of the compression technology. In silicon valley culture that uniqueness is worth way, way, way more than some box to sell. Even the VC lady could see how they would be valued differently.

Also, they need to drop the whole Houli/Gavin Belsen side of the show. That was such a waste/bore this season. Alternatively, I think its a great move to bring Big Head back. He's a great source of comedy.

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 09:56 AM)
I thought the finale was kinda lame. Same for the season overall. Just seemed to be treading water with lots of obstacles that magically got resolved. A lot of hilarious moments here and there, but just meh otherwise. I mean, it never, ever made sense to me that a CEO would want to make a box instead of the platform given the excitement around pied piper and the incredible uniqueness of the compression technology. In silicon valley culture that uniqueness is worth way, way, way more than some box to sell. Even the VC lady could see how they would be valued differently.

Also, they need to drop the whole Houli/Gavin Belsen side of the show. That was such a waste/bore this season. Alternatively, I think its a great move to bring Big Head back. He's a great source of comedy.

In the valley there is definitely the "concept" based software companies that would push the platform idea, but there are also companies that have pressure from mui VC's that need to make money or attack the much more lucrative enterprise space. There are companies that would put out that box if only to capture the ENT market before anyone else does.