**2016 TV Watercooler Thread**

Brian

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am just eating Westworld up. I think we have three timelines going on here.

• Real Arnold (seen as Bernard) interviewing Dolores "back in the day".
  • Jimmi Simpson (William) as young Ed Harris discovering a world that will take over his life.
  • Present-Day - Ed Harris (old William), all the other stuff happening right now with Ford and Maeve

I love love love it. Three episodes left.

I like WestWorld but it will depend on how the season ends as to whether I stick with it. Something has to be revealed and it has to make sense, otherwise there is a lot of incoherent stuff. Fingers crossed.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 07:07 AM)
I am just eating Westworld up. I think we have three timelines going on here.

• Real Arnold (seen as Bernard) interviewing Dolores "back in the day".
  • Jimmi Simpson (William) as young Ed Harris discovering a world that will take over his life.
  • Present-Day - Ed Harris (old William), all the other stuff happening right now with Ford and Maeve

I love love love it. Three episodes left.

The only problem with the Young William/Old William scenario is that we would have to believe that at the end of the Young William/Dolores adventure, she basically gives up on her new found freedom and reverts back to being a dumb host as she is portrayed in Episode 1 with Old William.

I like the idea of a "real" Bernard though.

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 09:19 AM)
The only problem with the Young William/Old William scenario is that we would have to believe that at the end of the Young William/Dolores adventure, she basically gives up on her new found freedom and reverts back to being a dumb host as she is portrayed in Episode 1 with Old William.

I like the idea of a "real" Bernard though.

Gives up? I would think she would have been reprogrammed, i dont think it would be voluntary

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 11:56 AM)
Gives up? I would think she would have been reprogrammed, i dont think it would be voluntary

I mean that's a possibility I suppose, but that leaves us going through a season or more of a storyline that just gets wiped away with a reset button. That's just poor story telling if that's where they're going with it.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 12:38 PM)
I mean that's a possibility I suppose, but that leaves us going through a season or more of a storyline that just gets wiped away with a reset button. That's just poor story telling if that's where they're going with it.

Not really, I think what this season is establishing is that these bots have a memory that cannot be wiped away cleanly and completely, and they are starting to remember previous lives(which is confusing their creators). I also think Ford is responsible for this, i just dont know his motive for it(yet)

QUOTE (Tony @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 02:19 PM)
Has anyone watched Man in the High Castle? I'm only two episodes in of the 1st season, but I really like it. It's a slow burn, but I dig it

Yeah - I enjoyed it. Will be curious to see what Season 2 brings. I dig history and this had like that whole reverse history thing.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Nov 16, 2016 -> 08:19 AM)
also some speculation that Daryl was communicating with Rick by blinking morse code to him, we did see the morse code sign/wall hanging in the house.

Every episode has been really solid. As long as the obvious stupidity of the last season is not written back it, it should go pretty well.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 16, 2016 -> 08:10 AM)
Every episode has been really solid. As long as the obvious stupidity of the last season is not written back it, it should go pretty well.

Yep - Been very much enjoying this season. Very clear that Michonne is ready to fight as are a few others. Question is how long will Rick be held down. At some point clearly all the other communities are going to unite against Negan. Please note I don't read the comic books so this is my speculating not off the comics.