**2016 TV Watercooler Thread**

Brian

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 10:29 AM)
No in the timeline the bridge jumping and that event are about the same time/day.

But the gal who was with him on the bridge is already back at Alexandria. She was at the female community for at least a couple days, right?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 10:16 AM)
Whatever happened to the black dude on the bridge? He never died on screen. Could it be him?

I've debated him, one of the new communities that is to come, as well as it being the guy....don't think it is one of the girls, although it very well could be. Just didn't look like a girls boot. Part of me assumes it is Dwight and he is going to turn again Negan. I really do think that mid-season finale brought the whole first half of the story together. In isolation, Negan was so unlikeable, etc, and it was just so dark...but you kind of had to bring all the characters to the low to get to the point we are now...if you did anything else, it would have been so darn anticlimatic. They even found a way to get everyone to dislike Negan a little less in that final episode.

Part of I think the problem with TWD is, when you watch it week to week vs. stream a whole season, it comes off different. Week to week, I think there are more of the "pacing" concerns vs. a show that people could stream 3 episodes at once. It is one of the beauties of the netflix/amazon's of the world with their shows, where you can just totally flow through a season and see it all for what it was meant to be (that said...maybe sometimes the longer pauses are beneficial because it adds to the drama, etc).

I also think they're making a mistake with the back-to-back 90 minute episodes. Too much boring filler was added to the last 2 episodes which affects the pacing negatively IMO. Better editing could have made these last 2 even more engaging.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 13, 2016 -> 03:36 PM)
I also think they're making a mistake with the back-to-back 90 minute episodes. Too much boring filler was added to the last 2 episodes which affects the pacing negatively IMO. Better editing could have made these last 2 even more engaging.

That is commercial revenue more than anything.

Am I the only one that thinks it is obvious that it is a new character? Wasn't the letter meant that they got as far as they did but they did not actually win becasue he was still out there and now he is going to come back for his stuff and when he did he saw what was happening?

The pacing can be slow but at the same time they need to make a show out of it and it really is a show that has no real point to it.

Anyone still watching Designated Survivor or Vikings?

DS I keep trying to get into it, but it seems like every week there is something about it that seems so unrealistic as to make me irked. This week the fact that the FBI agent is wanted by everyone, yet she is able to rip around DC and then crash the inauguration and not get caught until she shoots at the shooter is just ridiculous. I like the plot and most of the characters, but I just can't buy in at the half season mark.

This season of Vikings is off to a great start. I loved Rollo trying to get back into the gang and Bjorn trying to drown his ass to get even. I also can't wait to see what Ragnar does now, along with the rest of the crew.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 15, 2016 -> 01:08 PM)
Anyone still watching Designated Survivor or Vikings?

DS I keep trying to get into it, but it seems like every week there is something about it that seems so unrealistic as to make me irked. This week the fact that the FBI agent is wanted by everyone, yet she is able to rip around DC and then crash the inauguration and not get caught until she shoots at the shooter is just ridiculous. I like the plot and most of the characters, but I just can't buy in at the half season mark.

This season of Vikings is off to a great start. I loved Rollo trying to get back into the gang and Bjorn trying to drown his ass to get even. I also can't wait to see what Ragnar does now, along with the rest of the crew.

Still trying to get to vikings and I watch DS and feel the same although I did not see yesterday, thanks for the spoiler.

Anyone else watching Last Man on Earth? I thought the show started out ok with an interesting premise. Adding and killing off certain characters and "guest stars" was fun too.

But at this point it seems like the writers aren't really sure where to go with the story and they are just spinning their wheels. The last 2 or 3 episodes barely moved the story along at all. I'm completely confused on what they are doing with the whole "Melissa has gone insane" storyline as well.

I also watched the first episode of Falling Water last night. I have the show set to record on my DVR but just never got around to it. I though the previews looked interesting but have heard absolutely nobody talking about it.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Dec 16, 2016 -> 09:33 AM)
Anyone else watching Last Man on Earth? I thought the show started out ok with an interesting premise. Adding and killing off certain characters and "guest stars" was fun too.

But at this point it seems like the writers aren't really sure where to go with the story and they are just spinning their wheels. The last 2 or 3 episodes barely moved the story along at all. I'm completely confused on what they are doing with the whole "Melissa has gone insane" storyline as well.

I also watched the first episode of Falling Water last night. I have the show set to record on my DVR but just never got around to it. I though the previews looked interesting but have heard absolutely nobody talking about it.

it hasnt been on in a few weeks. Is it back?

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Dec 16, 2016 -> 09:48 AM)
This.

Kind of a morbid ending to the last episode though.

I don't think she killed herself but we'll see.

I love the whole Shawshank homage.

Edited by Brian