**2016 TV Watercooler Thread**

Brian

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 31, 2016 -> 10:53 PM)
It doesn't know what type of show it wants to be yet. The extended dog s*** scene early on was unnecessary to prove Rhoads' brand of righteousness, if that's what it was going for. And there's too many sorta peripheral characters too soon. Sometimes feels like it's try too hard, also. The "ass to mouth" scene comes to mind.

I like it so far, but it needs to tighten up.

I have last nights on DVR and I am just not up for watching it. I'll put it one when I'm cleaning or something and see if I hear anything interesting. I just want a faster pace like Shameless. Seems like it is a topic that Showtime could have gone out of the box with.

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 1, 2016 -> 11:53 AM)
I have last nights on DVR and I am just not up for watching it. I'll put it one when I'm cleaning or something and see if I hear anything interesting. I just want a faster pace like Shameless. Seems like it is a topic that Showtime could have gone out of the box with.

Both Showtime Sunday shows were poor this past week. Billions seemed to try too hard to be edgy. Shameless just has too many dumb story lines.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 1, 2016 -> 11:10 PM)
Both Showtime Sunday shows were poor this past week. Billions seemed to try too hard to be edgy. Shameless just has too many dumb story lines.

I've never laughed so hard at a guy helplessly burning to death.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 2, 2016 -> 03:37 PM)
Ditto. Not sure what took so long for something like this to get made.

I'm glad it's being made now. Made for tv movies and tv series in the 90s weren't exactly subtle (though, not saying Ryan Murphy is subtle).

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 2, 2016 -> 04:16 PM)
Anyone else out there watch Vice on HBO? I caught the last one ISIS, and have been going back watching some of the older episodes on demand. It is like a less depressing version of Frontline on PBS.

It's produced by Bill Maher. I don't watch it regularly. The episode they did on Killing Cancer went Viral. Also remember the one they did on Japan's Suicide Forest: "The Aokigahara Forest is the most popular site for suicides in Japan. After the novel Kuroi Jukai was published, in which a young lover commits suicide in the forest, people started taking their own lives there at a rate of 50 to 100 deaths a year. The site holds so many bodies that the Yakuza pays homeless people to sneak into the forest and rob the corpses. The authorities sweep for bodies only on an annual basis, as the forest sits at the base of Mt. Fuji and is too dense to patrol more frequently."

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 3, 2016 -> 03:17 PM)
I was probably 9-10 when it happened. Its kind of fun to re-live as an adult (fun is an odd choice, but you know what I mean).

I remember when it happened, I was so pissed that the Simpsons or whatever it was I wanted to watch after school was interrupted by that stupid bronco chase and all of the coverage of the court case.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 3, 2016 -> 05:51 PM)
I remember when it happened, I was so pissed that the Simpsons or whatever it was I wanted to watch after school was interrupted by that stupid bronco chase and all of the coverage of the court case.

Think it was summer before my sophomore year. I only remember the bullet points and not the little things. Thought first ep did a good job with tension. Thought it was going to be cheesy but it was more gritty. I almost wish it was on Netflix so I could binge watch it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 3, 2016 -> 05:51 PM)

Ha I remember being pissed off that it was taking over sportscenter.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Feb 3, 2016 -> 06:58 PM)
I was 1 and I never really researched it at all as I have gotten older so most of this stuff is brand new to me and it is fascinating

Go to hell.