Oregon

StrangeSox

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 07:49 AM)
Ammon Bundy told the remaining people to go home, we will see if they do

Three more surrendered last night. It's not clear how many may be left at this point, but it can't be more than a few. They also have already gotten all of the kids out of their.

Edited by StrangeSox

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 Remaining Militants Tell OPB They Are Ready To Leave Refuge

Just four people remain at the occupied Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

The group spoke with OPB by phone Thursday morning.

The remaining group includes David Fry of Blanchester, Ohio, husband and wife Sean and Sandy Anderson of Riggins, Idaho, and Jeff Banta of Elko, Nevada.

“We all want to leave,” Sandy Anderson said. “We’re here, and we’re worried we’re going to die.”

Three militants turned themselves in at checkpoints outside the refuge Wednesday afternoon and face felony charges.

Police said another five people were stopped and allowed to leave the refuge since law enforcement blocked roads around the area.

David Fry said he spoke to an FBI negotiator three times in the last 24 hours. He said the group is prepared to leave peacefully, but fears arrest.

There were some rumors/conspiracy theories brewing that claimed Levoy Finnicum was shot while surrendering and complying with the officers' requests, including claims from occupants of the other car (who it turns out had no way of seeing the shooting) and of an 18 yo passenger in Finnicum's car who claimed the FBI shot him and teh car 100 times (they didn't).

Finnicum evades the initial roadblock where Ammon Bundy was stopped and continues driving up the road, evading another spike strip. When he encounters the second roadblock, he attempts to drive around it at high speed. An FBI agent shoots at the vehicle as he's attempting to ram/evade this second roadblock. He almost hits an FBI or OSP officer before plowing into the snow bank. He exits the vehicle with his hands up, but he reaches for his pocket twice before he's shot. His pocket contained a loaded handgun, and he had said at some point during the occupation that he'd rather die than go to jail.

edit: the shooting starts at about 5:45. If you watch it, you will see somebody killed, but it is not gory or anything.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 29, 2016 -> 07:56 AM)
I have to say, I really had my doubts about the way the FBI and OSP were handling this, but they seem to have done quite well. Happily wrong on this one.

They may or may not have bungled things in the beginning, but man they sure executed it damn near perfectly at the end so far. The one death appears to be a suicide-by-cop. Hopefully the four remaining people at the refuge give up peacefully shortly.

Protestors screaming hands up don't shoot is really just making me want to shake these people. I really don't understand why this group is treated with so much delicacy and care in the media when they don't deserve it.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 2, 2016 -> 09:44 AM)
More Legal Magic Words, this time from Cliven Bundy.

HhAUIdu.jpg

lolololol

I've been arrested for an armed takeover of a federal facility. I will send a certified letter indicating that the facility is in fact mine and you bad cops should get out of my way.

This is REALLY going to help his defense at trial, haha. Or maybe he's going for an insanity defense?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 2, 2016 -> 04:19 PM)
lolololol

I've been arrested for an armed takeover of a federal facility. I will send a certified letter indicating that the facility is in fact mine and you bad cops should get out of my way.

This is REALLY going to help his defense at trial, haha. Or maybe he's going for an insanity defense?

The letter is from Cliven Bundy, the father.

I wonder how awkward that meeting with the notary was. You want me to notorize WHAT?

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Feb 2, 2016 -> 10:36 AM)
The letter is from Cliven Bundy, the father.

I wonder how awkward that meeting with the notary was. You want me to notorize WHAT?

I bet it isnt the first strange "legal" document that Bundy has had notarized in that office

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 2, 2016 -> 10:47 AM)
Really love this group writing to a democratic-government owned property that the land has been taken over by the people.

Also "we the people of Harney County"

I don't think a single militant was from Harney, most aren't even from Oregon, and Harney has consistently told them to gtfo.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 2, 2016 -> 10:19 AM)
lolololol

I'd imagine at least one of the trials from this goes into full-blown "GOLD FRINGED FLAG ADMIRALTY COURT!" pro se land. A judge in Canada had a pretty thorough and entertaining ruling on these sorts of people a few years back. For whatever reason, these Sovereign Citizens and "Freemen of the Land" are common enough in the US, Canada and the UK. Not sure how often it happens in non-English countries.

• 2 weeks later...