Doug Fister - Rumor

justBLAZE

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jan 5, 2016 -> 12:42 PM)
Johnson is better than Carroll, but the point in Carroll's favor is that strong groundball rate the last two years, while Johnson's 52% FB% last year is very concerning. He got a bit lucky that most of the HR he gave up were just solo HR, so his ERA ended up looking OK.

That's a big concern about EJ (everyone's fav Nate Jones too). Probably would have been a good guy to trade (coupled with what I infer is the org's lack of trust in him).

Carroll has a great gb%. He may be more effective with this revitalized infield D. (although the D was fine last year after May and he still had a high WHIP). Petricka has the same game, but is more effective.

Samardzija had a low gb%, which is another reason why that acquisition was curious.

Edited by GreenSox

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jan 5, 2016 -> 01:00 PM)
That's a big concern about EJ (everyone's fav Nate Jones too). Probably would have been a good guy to trade (coupled with what I infer is the org's lack of trust in him).

Carroll has a great gb%. He may be more effective with this revitalized infield D. (although the D was fine last year after May and he still had a high WHIP). Petricka has the same game, but is more effective.

Samardzija had a low gb%, which is another reason why that acquisition was curious.

Jones' career FB% is 31%, that's not very concerning.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jan 5, 2016 -> 01:29 PM)
Not seeing where this figure is, I still see 31% for his career, and even this year where he only pitched 19 innings his FB% was 40.5%, nowhere close to 52.4%.

BUT THAT DOESN'T FIT HIS NARRATIVE!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck with that!

Latos and Fister do have the fact they won't cost draft pick compensation on their side. For teams with higher first rounders, that wipes out Kennedy, along with his higher price tag compared to Latos (who also has the reputation of being a clubhouse chemistry issue from time to time.)

Fister has lost a lot of velocity, Gallardo more by design to induce groundballs and lower pitch counts.

1. Latos

2. Kennedy

3. Gallardo

4. Fister

Edited by caulfield12

@NickyMitch93

I was told #WhiteSox have a 4 year offer out to shortstop NickyMitch93

Part of me isn't sure if this is true or not, but it was on twitter.com, so that makes me think it probably is. 4 years is kind of a lot, but if the dollars aren't crazy, I think it's a good call. Bridge to Anderson and I think NickyMitch93 can play some outfield as well, so could be moved there or flipped to another team. Solid Hahn move.

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 09:33 PM)
@NickyMitch93

I was told #WhiteSox have a 4 year offer out to shortstop NickyMitch93

Part of me isn't sure if this is true or not, but it was on twitter.com, so that makes me think it probably is. 4 years is kind of a lot, but if the dollars aren't crazy, I think it's a good call. Bridge to Anderson and I think NickyMitch93 can play some outfield as well, so could be moved there or flipped to another team. Solid Hahn move.

Desmond?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 08:21 PM)
I have no clue who NickyMitch93 is...but false twitter rumors and non-activity are definitely the stories of this offseason, unless you're a starting pitcher.

Read the post again. I think it might make more sense to you.