Sox Claim OF Daniel Fields off Waivers from Dodgers

shysocks

Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox 1m1 minute ago

#WhiteSox have claimed outfielder Daniel Fields off waivers from the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Added to 40 man.

*obligatory, never not hilarious "World Series here we come!" comment after minor move*

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 01:50 PM)
Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox 1m1 minute ago

#WhiteSox have claimed outfielder Daniel Fields off waivers from the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Added to 40 man.

*obligatory, never not hilarious "World Series here we come!" comment after minor move*

Almost as funny as the thousand "Will Griffey go in as a White Sox?" tweets yesterday.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 02:03 PM)

Also interesting to note would be that because he came from a national league team, that means no NL teams claimed him, and none of the worst AL teams claimed him. If he were to be waived again in an attempt to clear the spot for the 40 man roster, typically the biggest teams for claiming players in the AL are Toronto and Oakland. Seeing as Oakland was under the Sox in the final standings, it means the A's already passed once on him.

So between him, Sands and Olt, who would be most likely to be the 25th man? Or does anyone think as of now, Sanchez is the platoon guy with LaRoche (keeping Frazier at third or moving Lawrie to third with other DHing)? Obviously I know they aren't done with the starting lineup or bench but it's a hypothetical season starts tomorrow scenario.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 02:46 PM)
So between him, Sands and Olt, who would be most likely to be the 25th man? Or does anyone think as of now, Sanchez is the platoon guy with LaRoche (keeping Frazier at third or moving Lawrie to third with other DHing)? Obviously I know they aren't done with the starting lineup or bench but it's a hypothetical season starts tomorrow scenario.

I would say none of them. I really don't understand this one other than OF depth at Charlotte. Maybe it means they are going to trade a guy like Shuck or something, but that wouldn't exactly be a blockbuster, and I would think they would be pretty happy with Shuck.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 02:49 PM)
I would say none of them. I really don't understand this one other than OF depth at Charlotte. Maybe it means they are going to trade a guy like Shuck or something, but that wouldn't exactly be a blockbuster, and I would think they would be pretty happy with Shuck.

What would be your bench with the current team?

Navarro/Avila C

Sanchez 2B/SS (can still make a ton of starts if he gets at bats from LaRoche while Frazier or Lawrie get some DH at bats)

Shuck OF

And then another infielder? Garcia or a minor league signing?

Or say screw the 4th spot and go 8th reliever? Actually thinking about it, they play what 7-8 games in a row to open the season? They could break camp with a crowded bullpen and send a guy down when they need another position player.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 02:56 PM)

Navarro/Avila C

Sanchez 2B/SS (can still make a ton of starts if he gets at bats from LaRoche while Frazier or Lawrie get some DH at bats)

Shuck OF

Or say screw the 4th spot and go 8th reliever? Actually thinking about it, they play what 7-8 games in a row to open the season? They could break camp with a crowded bullpen and send a guy down when they need another position player.

I would think Avi, depending what they want to do with him.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 02:56 PM)

Navarro/Avila C

Shuck OF

Navarro/Avila, Sanchez, Shuck, and Avi.

Perhaps Saladino instead of Sanchez if they bring back Alexei on the cheap for one year after signing Cespedes.