Soxfest Updates

southsider2k5

Welcome Melky Cabrera, Avisail Garcia, Dioner Navarro, Nate Jones, Dan Jennings, Erik Johnson, Zach Putnam and Daniel Webb to the SoxFest 2016 lineup! They join Jose Abreu, Chris Sale, Todd Frazier, John Danks, Alex Avila, White Sox greats Harold Baines, Jose Contreras, Carl Everett, Carlton Fisk, Bo Jackson, Ron Kittle and Chet Lemon, manager Robin Ventura, coaches and club prospects scheduled to appear at the 24th annual White Sox fan convention.

A limited number of single-day passes to SoxFest 2016 are available NOW exclusively at whitesox.com/SoxFest. Passes are just $50 for Saturday-only, $40 for Sunday-only, and $75 for fans who purchase both Saturday and Sunday.

As a reminder, SoxFest 2016 - sponsored by Miller Lite, Comcast SportsNet, Beggars Pizza and WGN-TV - offers fans the opportunity to meet their favorite White Sox players and past greats. Fans also will have access to special autograph, photo and question-and-answer sessions, the popular SoxFest Garage Sale and special interactive activities throughout the weekend.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 11, 2016 -> 01:16 PM)
Does this mean we won't be seeing an Avi Garcia trade?

I heard that Everett will be giving a biblical lecture about dinosaurs.

Maybe somebody should ask him how he tried to break his wife's cell phone when she tried to call 911 on him.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 11, 2016 -> 01:20 PM)
Not necessarily. He's on the roster as of now so why wouldn't he be going?

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 11, 2016 -> 01:28 PM)
Micah Johnson was scheduled to go to SoxFest I believe. We know how that turned out.

Was just being a wise-ass, I should have used green. :D

Is the Count showing up to join Abreu and roll out the red carpet for Cespedes? As good as Sale has been, that roll Count went on that one year (don't remember which year...but I want to say it was 2005 and again in 2006 until his back or whatever it was got the best of him) was just absurd. I went from being annoyed by Contreras to thinking we'd never lose when he was on the mound. So damn dominant. What a trade by Kenny to get Jose.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 11, 2016 -> 01:56 PM)
Is the Count showing up to join Abreu and roll out the red carpet for Cespedes? As good as Sale has been, that roll Count went on that one year (don't remember which year...but I want to say it was 2005 and again in 2006 until his back or whatever it was got the best of him) was just absurd. I went from being annoyed by Contreras to thinking we'd never lose when he was on the mound. So damn dominant. What a trade by Kenny to get Jose.

That, or he may yet be a productive member of the 'pen. Even though I kid, it's probably true.

Basically the last two months of 2005 (not including the start against Byrd in the ALCS) and the first two months of 2006...I think he got hurt on the road against Cincy when he had that streak of consecutive regular-season wins still going from the previous season and that was the beginning of the end.

Now I can't even remember if it was the hip or Achilles (covering 1B), but something caused him to change his delivery or arm angle a bit after that injury happened.

Never a more dominant pitcher than when he had that two pitch combination of fastballs at 96-97 touching 98 and then the forkball falling off the table when he didn't overthrow it.

Edited by caulfield12

All-Star break in '05 to the break in '06.

Contreras was the best pitcher in baseball over that stretch and damn near unstoppable.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 12:43 AM)
Apparently Eaton really wants to be there, but they won't let him? Seems odd. Not speculating on anything suspicious happening, just figured most players do this because they have to, whereas Eaton seems he really wants to.

You are reading way too much into a couple of random tweets in which he is obviously being sarcastic. I'm sure one of two things has happened. Either they simply forgot to add his name to the list or he has yet to commit 100% to attending. There is no logical reason to not let him attend.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 08:42 AM)
You are reading way too much into a couple of random tweets in which he is obviously being sarcastic. I'm sure one of two things has happened. Either they simply forgot to add his name to the list or he has yet to commit 100% to attending. There is no logical reason to not let him attend.

Agreed; if anything they'd be delighted to have more team members who interact with the fans there like Eaton does.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 07:42 AM)

exactly

• 2 weeks later...
SoxFest will feature a blend of top current players, prospects and players from the franchise's storied past. That list includes Sale, Abreu, newcomer Todd Frazier, Hall of Famers Frank Thomas (Saturday) and Carlton Fisk, as well as Tim Anderson, Carson Fulmer and Trey Michalczewski, the organization's Nos. 1, 2 and 4 prospects per MLB.com, to name a few.

http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/162...ly-friendly-fun

Woohoo, Frazier and Eaton will be there. Pretty cool to see those three youngsters will be there too.