Jason Benetti, new Sox home PxP

Heads22

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jan 13, 2016 -> 10:07 AM)
Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 12s12 seconds ago

Also, Hawk Harrelson, who does all road games and three at home, receives a multi-year extension. #WhiteSox

:angry:

Huh. I thought he was phasing out.

Also worth noting, I have yet to see anything about Steve Stone getting an extension.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 13, 2016 -> 08:23 AM)
I turned that game off real fast lol. However, not because of the announcing.

Great hire, I like his voice. Like others have said, a local kid, grew up a Sox fan, and has national and local experience. Great hire.

I have not heard a broadcast of his yet but, looking forward to the opportunity. Wishing him "Good Luck"!

Just heard him and looking forward to the broadcasts!

Edited by Saufley

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 13, 2016 -> 10:18 AM)
Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 5m5 minutes ago

Steve Stone also receives a multi-year extension to call #WhiteSox games.

Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 3m3 minutes ago

Breakdown for #WhiteSox TV games: Steve Stone 162, Hawk Harrelson 84, Jason Benetti 78.

Steve Stone does not do 162 games a year.

QUOTE (Rooftop Shots @ Jan 13, 2016 -> 08:54 AM)
Thanks for the link. like it. If he sounds like that in the atmosphere of minor league ball, I imagine he;ll get even more jacked up and sound even better yet announcing for a home pro team on the big stage and in clutch situations. Plus his voice does not sound whiny either. Sounds real solid. Good stuff. Will see how things go when the season progresses, but as of now........Answered quite a few questions that I posted about earlier, and looks like he could be pretty solid. Apparently this guys does his homework and research as well. Thanks again

Can't wait until I hear that first call of a Cespedes HR!

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 13, 2016 -> 11:18 AM)
Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 5m5 minutes ago

Steve Stone also receives a multi-year extension to call #WhiteSox games.

Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 3m3 minutes ago

Breakdown for #WhiteSox TV games: Steve Stone 162, Hawk Harrelson 84, Jason Benetti 78.

I like that they're giving him a few years to adapt to the position as well. Hawk, of course, can decide when his time to go out is, but it will be nice to have contrasting styles during the year and a chance for him to grow into it.

Presumably they'll still have to get some subs for Stone during the year for travel and various holidays so he won't actually be 162.

I am most happy that they hired a true play-by-play announcer. This is honestly the most shocking hire in a while, I just figured it was a lock they were going to hire someone completely unqualified and awkward like Aaron Rowand or Kelly Wunsch.

Would love to see Benetti paired with AJ in a couple of years as the permanent team.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 13, 2016 -> 08:41 AM)
Yep, was probably banned because his obsession with Andy Wilkins was getting a little unhealthy.

Then I think he's back with a different username, because there's a guy on the FutureSox Board with ~25 posts, all about Andy Wilkins :lol:

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Jan 13, 2016 -> 12:49 PM)
One day when Hawk is gone, the White sox will hit a walk off homer in the world series, and the announcer to will give it a tribute to hawk by doing a you can put in the board call. Meanwhile, haters gonna hate.

Honestly, I haven't heard Benetti yet, or what his home run call is, but I would love he adopted the "You can put it on the board" call....and "He gone"...I'll never stop saying it, and I would miss saying it along with Hawk or whoever is on the TV..

For the most part I loved Hawkisms and he'll be missed when he finally goes.