The Decline of Carlos Gonzalez

Boopa1219

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 13, 2016 -> 02:32 PM)
The decline of a guy who hit 40 bombs last year?

Ok.

True, 40 bombs is still labelled an impact bat, but his splits vs LHP are scary and his decline is across the board, including defense. IMO the Rockies are probably stuck with him, realizing that they can get more value out of moving Blackmon or Dickerson.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Jan 13, 2016 -> 03:14 PM)
Todd Frazier hit .233 away from home last year. You gonna s*** on him while you are at it?

Frazier while the same age has had a clean bill of health, whereas Gonzalez is an injury magnet and has suffered some major injuries (Did you read the article?). Gonzalez is always dealing with something and as he gets older their taking their toll on his body and skill set.

Never wanted him. Would love either Blackmon or Dickerson though. Not sure we actually have anything worth trading besides the guys I would consider off limits...Anderson, Fullmer, and Adams. They have no use for Avi either, not that he has much value.

Danish, Hawkins, May, Guerrero, Peter, Engel...short of dealing every 1 of them I don't think any kind of package including those guy gets it done for Blackmon or Dickerson. The only deal I could see happening would be if the Rockies liked EJ a good amount and took a package involving him and 2 of the guys I listed. But then we are facing the problem of having to sign a starter and they are becoming limited, we'd probably be dumpster diving in the Latos/Fister area.

Edited by TheFutureIsNear