Opening Day - Who's standing in our OF (Poll)

he gone.

Who is standing in the OF next to Eaton and Melky?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who is it?

• Cespedes
    • Upton
    • Fowler
    • Jackson
    • Garcia
    • Other FA
    • The field via trade

Just wondering the pulse of the board. NOTE!! THIS ISN'T WHO YOU WANT, IT'S WHO YOU THINK JERRY, RICK, AND KENNY GO WITH!

I personally have some odd suspicion it will be Austin Jackson. It's such a White Sox move. They'll say not giving up a pick keeps the rebuilding of the farm going, that price was too much on the big guys, etc. And that a trade couldn't happen to sacrifice any more players. Plus Jackson can play all positons, etc. etc. etc.

Not that there's a second guess but the rest of my order is: Cespedes, Garcia, Fowler, Trade, The field, Other FA, Upton.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jan 18, 2016 -> 11:31 AM)
Just wondering the pulse of the board. NOTE!! THIS ISN'T WHO YOU WANT, IT'S WHO YOU THINK JERRY, RICK, AND KENNY GO WITH!

I personally have some odd suspicion it will be Austin Jackson. It's such a White Sox move. They'll say not giving up a pick keeps the rebuilding of the farm going, that price was too much on the big guys, etc. And that a trade couldn't happen to sacrifice any more players. Plus Jackson can play all positons, etc. etc. etc.

Not that there's a second guess but the rest of my order is: Cespedes, Garcia, Fowler, Trade, The field, Other FA, Upton.

I don't honestly have a clue . I can be shocked by a totally unexpected development or they can miss out on everyone and it ends up Avi again.

I voted for Fowler. I'll be surprised if Garcia is the starting right fielder once the season starts...however, I would have said that statement a lot more emphatically three weeks ago.

As each day goes by, I fell less optimistic about Cespedes. But, I find it hard to believe that the Sox won't upgrade the outfield and the offense, especially with the trade for Frazier. I'd be plenty content with Fowler batting second, helping Eaton to set the table for Abreu, Frazier, LaRoche, and Melky.

With the Sox in need and searching for a LHB I think they go the trade route. Something along the lines of an OF version of Lawrie and that trade package. I think Cespedes, Upton and to a lesser extent Fowler will be more costly than what the Sox can or are willing to spend.

The Upton deal leads me to believe that Cespedes will now be more likely to be pushing for a longer term deal. Unless he decides to take a 2-year deal in at attempt to cash in again in 2018.

So, I'm going to stick with my guess of Fowler, although I wouldn't mind Jackson at this point. I will be very disappointed if the Sox go into the season with Garcia starting in RF.

Interesting how the overall mindset changed as soon as Upton was signed. Originally it was about 1/3 split between Fowler/Yo/Garcia ...

Almost exclusively Garcia after the Upton signing.

I agree the more and more that comes out, just based on context clues, that Cespedes wants, and believes he'll get his 5/6 year deal at $23mm+ and probably with an opt out too. No chance the Sox do that.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 09:34 AM)
Interesting how the overall mindset changed as soon as Upton was signed. Originally it was about 1/3 split between Fowler/Yo/Garcia ...

Almost exclusively Garcia after the Upton signing.

I agree the more and more that comes out, just based on context clues, that Cespedes wants, and believes he'll get his 5/6 year deal at $23mm+ and probably with an opt out too. No chance the Sox do that.

Nor should they if that's what it will take.