OF Options

rhuesmann35

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 11:32 AM)
I wouldn't mind Reddick, even as a rental.

Worst case scenario is that the Sox send a fringe prospect or two to the A's and get the compensation pick back next year when he leaves.

Fringe prospect is the best case and highly unlikely with Hahn and Williams running the negotiations

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Worst case scenario is that the Sox send a fringe prospect or two to the A's and get the compensation pick back next year when he leaves.

I can think of worse scenarios than that. But yes, he's a good player. Very interesting to look at his K rate the past few years.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 11:36 AM)
Fringe prospect is the best case and highly unlikely with Hahn and Williams running the negotiations

You keep saying s*** like this. I just like 2 hours ago in this very thread asked you to list who of any of significance the Sox have moved in trades that burned them, outside of Semien (still an unproven player that didn't fit what the Sox needed) and Gio like 10 years ago.

Unsurprisingly, you didn't list any. Because there aren't any! But that wouldn't fit your narrative.

Edited by ChiSox59

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 12:29 PM)
You keep saying s*** like this. I just like 2 hours ago in this very thread asked you to list who of any of significance the Sox have moved in trades that burned them, outside of Semien (still an unproven player that didn't fit what the Sox needed) and Gio like 10 years ago.

Unsurprisingly, you didn't list any. Because there aren't any! But that wouldn't fit your narrative.

Don't waste your time with him. He, even with hindsight, thinks the Sox were stupid to trade Reed, Morse, and Olivo for Freddy Garcia. Prospects are better no matter what. They don't have to be good. They just have to have prospect status.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 12:39 PM)
Don't waste your time with him. He, even with hindsight, thinks the Sox were stupid to trade Reed, Morse, and Olivo for Freddy Garcia. Prospects are better no matter what. They don't have to be good. They just have to have prospect status.

I know I shouldn't. I should have blocked him months ago. But his logic is just so off base it is frustrating to read!

But its all KW's fault!!!!!

I wouldn't mind Reddick, either, but not exactly my first choice. If he comes cheaply, sure, why not. We certainly know there is an open line of communication between Forst and Hahn. He is pretty terrible against LHP, but I suppose him and Avi would make a decent platoon. Still wouldn't have a platoon partner for LaRoche, though. Can't carry Sands on a roster with Cabera, Eaton, Avi, Shuck and Reddick.

Edited by ChiSox59

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 12:46 PM)
I wouldn't mind Reddick, either, but not exactly my first choice. If he comes cheaply, sure, why not. We certainly know there is an open line of communication between Forst and Hahn. He is pretty terrible against LHP, but I suppose him and Avi would make a decent platoon. Still wouldn't have a platoon partner for LaRoche, though. Can't carry Sands on a roster with Cabera, Eaton, Avi, Shuck and Reddick.

You'd platoon LaRoche first, Reddick isn't so bad against lefties that he has to sit.

I would absolutely s*** myself if the Sox somehow acquired Reddick! Been a fan of his since his days in Boston and he would be a great fit with the Sox. Since he's reportedly open to an extension, I wonder if the Sox could pull something off like they did with Freddy Garcia...

I know, it's probably a pipe dream but damn, Reddick would be a perfect fit for the Sox.

Anyway. Fowler back to the cubs eh? I'm laughing at myself because I actually speculated right for once. :lol:

Seriously though. I'm not in the least bit surprised since Maddon, cubs management and their fans just love Fowler.

Also. LMFAO @ Baltimore! :lolhitting

QUOTE (shysocks @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 12:56 PM)
You'd platoon LaRoche first, Reddick isn't so bad against lefties that he has to sit.

Right, but he's still pretty s***ty. Not someone you want to run out there against LHP everyday. .214/.291/.334 over the past three seasons.

Not as s***ty as Laroche, but still s***ty.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 01:07 PM)
Right, but he's still pretty s***ty. Not someone you want to run out there against LHP everyday. .214/.291/.334 over the past three seasons.

Not as s***ty as Laroche, but still s***ty.

It isn't really "everyday" though. Most teams have one left starter, MAYBE two. The AL Central lefty starters are pretty much all White Sox.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 02:14 PM)
It isn't really "everyday" though. Most teams have one left starter, MAYBE two. The AL Central lefty starters are pretty much all White Sox.

This prompted me to go take a look at some truly bizarre stat lines - team stats against LHP, sorted by "total plate appearances against LHP". The Rangers somehow faced lefties more than 200 PAs more than any other team in the big leagues. They saw almost double the number of LHP of any team in the bigs - 2200 PAs for them, 1300 PAs for the Marlins.

The White Sox were 20th, about 1500 PAs against LHP. Interestingly, this was not the lowest number of PAs against lefties in the AL Central - the Tigers only faced 1350 lefties.

Cleveland and KC came in #2 and #3 on total PAs against LHP and I'd wager the White Sox had some to do with that. Minnesota was 8th. Detroit though, how the hell?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 25, 2016 -> 01:21 PM)
This prompted me to go take a look at some truly bizarre stat lines - team stats against LHP, sorted by "total plate appearances against LHP". The Rangers somehow faced lefties more than 200 PAs more than any other team in the big leagues. They saw almost double the number of LHP of any team in the bigs - 2200 PAs for them, 1300 PAs for the Marlins.

The White Sox were 20th, about 1500 PAs against LHP. Interestingly, this was not the lowest number of PAs against lefties in the AL Central - the Tigers only faced 1350 lefties.

Cleveland and KC came in #2 and #3 on total PAs against LHP and I'd wager the White Sox had some to do with that. Minnesota was 8th. Detroit though, how the hell?

Look at their big hitters and see if they are LH or RH. That probably has a lot to do with it. The Rangers are really lefthanded. 1 or 2 a game adds up.

Edited by Dick Allen