OF Options

rhuesmann35

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 28, 2016 -> 10:48 PM)
really nice.

i had to look up the newly players on the team. that is were i saw fields name.

i am just looking at what the sox have internally.

I admit that I'm probably higher on May than most but I do keep in mind that he's still young, moving up to AAA for the first time and needs time.

Awe hell, let's just trade Avi + for a LH OF bat, sign Freese to be LaRoche's platoon partner and be done. :P

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 05:06 AM)
I admit that I'm probably higher on May than most but I do keep in mind that he's still young, moving up to AAA for the first time and needs time.

Awe hell, let's just trade Avi + for a LH OF bat, sign Freese to be LaRoche's platoon partner and be done. :P

or rios as an of'er and move Avi to dh and platoon.

interesting article on mlb trade about the break down on a jack.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/02/find...in-jackson.html

per the article, i am looking at him in a different light.

if the sox were, and i do not believe so, but if they were interested in him. i can see him as a 1 yr. however i can see his agent trying to get the max yrs for him.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 12:39 AM)
interesting article on mlb trade about the break down on a jack.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/02/find...in-jackson.html

per the article, i am looking at him in a different light.

if the sox were, and i do not believe so, but if they were interested in him. i can see him as a 1 yr. however i can see his agent trying to get the max yrs for him.

I can certainly understand Sox reluctance to signing him for any more than a year.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 12:37 AM)
or rios as an of'er and move Avi to dh and platoon.

That's not very nice. You take back that comment about Rios. Do not blaspheme! :lol:

I will admit that Rios still plays much better defense in RF compared to Avi. Still, no thanks.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 07:51 AM)
I find it odd they offered 2/$17 mill for Fowler (plus a draft pick) but are supposedly not interested in Jackson (likely a guy who may take a one year deal plus no draft pick). I doubt that we don't have interest.

According to Levine they offered more than 2/$17 million for Fowler.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 02:24 PM)
Same here. I would prefer a one year deal but would be willing to add a second year option, if necessary. That's as far as I would go.

yeah like a performance clause.

but his agent will not allow that. that's what happen with span.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 02:33 PM)
That's not very nice. You take back that comment about Rios. Do not blaspheme! :lol:

I will admit that Rios still plays much better defense in RF compared to Avi. Still, no thanks.

go and lock yourself in the citadel, the barbarians will be at the gate soon.

:bringit

yeah, i just posted that for shiiites and grins. i feel in a silly arse mood this morning.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 29, 2016 -> 07:51 AM)
I find it odd they offered 2/$17 mill for Fowler (plus a draft pick) but are supposedly not interested in Jackson (likely a guy who may take a one year deal plus no draft pick). I doubt that we don't have interest.

They clearly have an unrealistic number for each of these guys that they won't budge on. We clearly offered more than 2/17 for Gordon/Cespedes/upton. I'm sure they are telling Ajax they'll accept him for 1 year 4 million, and soon he'll sign with the cubs and we'll hear "we didn't have a chance, he just wanted to play for the cubs".

Ryan: If White Sox sign Austin Jackson and play him in CF with Eaton in RF, how many run improvement defensively would you anticipate? 10? 15?

12:57

Dan Szymborski: Given their delusion that Garcia is a starter, it should be quite an upgrade.

While I would like Austin Jackson added to the fold, it seems as if the White Sox will add an OF via trade or waivers. There are 4 teams I can think of specifically with OF surpluses.

Tampa Bay: Jennings, Guyer, Dickerson, Kiermaier, Mahtook, Souza, Pearce

Oakland: Burns, Canha, Coghlan, Crisp, Davis, Fuld, Redick

Los Angeles: Thompson, Pederson, Ethier, Crawford, Puig, Van Slyke, Hernandez, Guerrero

Houston: Marisnick, Rasmus, Gomez, Springer, Tucker

Of these players, the most likely to be available for cheap are: Fuld, Crisp, and Guyer. Like everyone else, I'd love Scott Van Slyke or Josh Redick. Should be interesting but these are the names that I'll be monitoring as the spring goes on.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 02:53 PM)
Judging by twitter, the Orioles might need another outfielder after Trumbo misplayed a few balls in RF today. Crazy how quiet things are with regards to the Sox and another outfielder.

I'm starting to think we may not see an addition until towards the end of ST when teams such as Houston, Tampa and Oakland have a better idea of who they want to keep for their 25 man roster.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 04:02 PM)
I'm starting to think we may not see an addition until towards the end of ST when teams such as Houston, Tampa and Oakland have a better idea of who they want to keep for their 25 man roster.

At this point, you sort of have to assume the Sox want to give Avi everyday at bats in RF. Otherwise someone would have been signed by now.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 02:02 PM)

March 23rd.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 04:04 PM)
At this point, you sort of have to assume the Sox want to give Avi everyday at bats in RF. Otherwise someone would have been signed by now.

I'm sure they will give Avi every chance possible but I still believe they are looking for a LH OF bat. Well, according to Hahn anyway.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 04:14 PM)
March 23rd.

Are you willing to bet the house on March 23? :P

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 2, 2016 -> 02:37 PM)
I'm sure they will give Avi every chance possible but I still believe they are looking for a LH OF bat. Well, according to Hahn anyway.

Are you willing to bet the house on March 23? :P

They can have my f***ing cardboard box for free.