OF Options

rhuesmann35

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 12:34 PM)
I am sure this has been brought up multiple times but with Anderson going down for LAD, doesn't that make a Danks for Ethier swap even make more sense?

No. They have a ton of pitchers, some of which are better than Danks. They have: Kershaw, Kazmir, Maeda, Ryu, Wood, McCarthy, Beachy, Bolsinger, and Yaisel Sierra.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 01:03 PM)
What in the f*** is Levine writing here?

Hahaha

He also used the wrong form of the word "tail" in Frazier's quote.

Added Frazier, a teammate of four years: “He was a great teammate for me. He got into the major leagues as a young kid. He developed into a good ballplayer. He goes about his business the right way. He works his tale off.”

This guy.

Edited by Eminor3rd

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 02:09 PM)
CBS Sports reporting White Sox interested and talking with Rockies/Carlos Gonzalez and Reds/Jay Bruce.

Hard to believe they can make a deal without absorbing enough money that they should have just signed Jackson/offered more to Fowler.

Seems like they're HIGHLY prioritizing this person being a lefty platoon-partner with Avi, whereas we (the fans) are okay with Avi primarily platooning with LaRoche.

The longer Jay Bruce remains with the Cincinnati Reds, the harder it will be for the team to finalize the opening day roster. Bruce is blocking at least one outfielder from making the team out of spring training.

http://www.outsidepitchmlb.com/jay-bruce-i...nati-reds/43851

I wouldn't be against acquiring Bruce, for the right price. Something along the lines of a mid-twenties 4A player is about as much as I'd give up. If the Reds want more, they can look for a trade partner elsewhere.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 01:38 PM)
That is two true.

I know Bruce has power and strikes out alot but does anyone know what kinda fielder he is? And how does he hit right-handers? I would take a run at Reddick if Oakland doesn't think they can sign him.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 01:46 PM)
With Raburn going to the Rockies, i wonder if they will move CarGo now.

Forget that. Let us all give a moment of thanks for the departure of Raburn from the AL Central. That alone has to be worth 5 wins to the White Sox.

Wow, this is some nice news to come home to.

I don't understand the intricacies of who's who when it comes to rumors, but Rotoworld has reported that from Levine we are pursuing Bruce or Cargo.

If this rumor is true, it means we really are looking for that puzzle piece. That's awesome.

As others have stated, Bruce isn't anything spectacular, but I wouldn't mind it. He had an injury that curtailed him for the past couple years, he has a lot of power. Not my A+ option, but he shouldn't cost much and I'd be very happy to grab him. Once again, not my ideal offseason OF pick up when so many have gone by, but its much better than nothing at this point.

CarGo, on the other hand, would be stellar. I'm, of course, worried about him away from Coors. I'm also worried about his injury rate. But he's a game changer, even if he puts up some 20 HR only.

I'd have to think that the Rockies are ok with moving him, but it sure does seem like that organization is truly one with no direction after their RP trade of McGhee for Dickerson.

OK, at least we can have some fun today with the usual conjecture. Rockies need a SS to replace Reyes after he is suspended, need at least one RP and can always use a starter. So ... how about Saladino, Petricka, Eric Johnson and 1 or 2 "B" level prospects. We take on all of Cargo's salary. Is that possible (since we are not trading TA, Fulmer or Adams)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 02:47 PM)
Forget that. Let us all give a moment of thanks for the departure of Raburn from the AL Central. That alone has to be worth 5 wins to the White Sox.

Little did we know, Hahn has spent the last three months secretly working to get Raburn to sign in Colorado, under the guise of "pursuing CarGo." When considering all the ways he could improve the Sox' chances, there was simply never an upgrade available that would have a bigger impact on the W-L record.

Doubt it means the Rockies move someone. He fits nicely as a bench bat with their left handed bats.

The signing itself does not necessarily imply a move to be made, but the rumor is of more interest (that their are talks going on).

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 02:39 PM)
Little did we know, Hahn has spent the last three months secretly working to get Raburn to sign in Colorado, under the guise of "pursuing CarGo." When considering all the ways he could improve the Sox' chances, there was simply never an upgrade available that would have a bigger impact on the W-L record.

This is "The Big Move".

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 08:58 PM)
The signing itself does not necessarily imply a move to be made, but the rumor is of more interest (that their are talks going on).

Levine has been stuck on CarGo to the Sox for 3 months now....not buying it for a second.