OF Options

rhuesmann35

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The flashbacks, they're so vivid! Obviously it didn't matter but Griffey would've been a hell of an improvement over Everett, we're talking a 90 point difference in wRC+ in the second half of that season between those 2. And no, this is not some sort of endorsement for acquiring Jay Bruce.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 9, 2016 -> 04:01 AM)
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/03/08/lev...-has-been-busy/

Levine is still mentioning Jay Bruce. Says Cincinnati has been scouting Sox during spring training. Also said Hahn would still like a LHH.

i am intrigue, but i am at a lost, who gets move and where.

avi - trade or minors

melky - trade or dh

laroche, - buyout or that fictitious injury that can be a season long/career ending injury.

ref to a trade, this can be a salary dump, so ask for their comp pick in the trade.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 9, 2016 -> 07:39 AM)
Why would we want Votto? His contract is horrific and he's on the wrong side of 30.

Maybe because he had an OBP of like 4 billion last year?

If the Sox landed Votto and put him in the 2 hole it would be the best middle of the order in all of baseball. Jays included. Who cares how old he is. Even if his OBP dipped 50 points it's still over .400. I'll take that every day of the week and twice on Sunday, regardless of how much he's owed or how old he is

QUOTE (gosoxgo2005 @ Mar 9, 2016 -> 08:29 AM)
Maybe because he had an OBP of like 4 billion last year?

If the Sox landed Votto and put him in the 2 hole it would be the best middle of the order in all of baseball. Jays included. Who cares how old he is. Even if his OBP dipped 50 points it's still over .400. I'll take that every day of the week and twice on Sunday, regardless of how much he's owed or how old he is

If you want to pay him $25 million a season when he's 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, and 39 years old, then go right ahead.

I just think that's a terrible idea that would restrict future payroll flexibility greatly.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 9, 2016 -> 02:53 PM)
If you want to pay him $25 million a season when he's 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, and 39 years old, then go right ahead.

I just think that's a terrible idea that would restrict future payroll flexibility greatly.

esp if the sox had a hard time dealing with the current payroll .....

I'd happily take Votto despite his high salary and contract that runs through his age 39 season with a team option for year 40. Votto does seem to be a player that will age well. Problem is that the Reds would absolutely have to take LaRoche as part of the return and its a scary though of what else the Reds would want from the Sox in return.

As for Jay Bruce, the Sox have too many outfielders and should-be DH's as is. If the Sox acquired Bruce, that puts him in RF with Jackson in CF and Eaton in LF. That's fine but it leaves the Sox with Melky/LaRoche/Avi for the DH spot. IMHO, two of those three have to be a part of the package for Bruce, but why would the Reds want any of those three. The Reds are shedding unnecessary payroll so forget about LaRoche/Melky and if the Reds are trading Bruce to free up an outfielder spot for a younger players then they probably wouldn't want Avi. Plus the Sox seem more than willing to stick with Avi and see if he can become what they've been hoping for. I really don't think the Sox and Reds match up well in a Jay Bruce trade.

That said, were talking about Bruce Levine specumalation and Levine is not always write in his rightings. :D

Edited by BlackSox13