2016-2017 NCAA football thread

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anybody getting bored with Ohio State and Alabama dominance? How do they do it every single year?

And b.) Miles should have left LSU on his own after last season or the year before. The cliche hit poor Les. Been there 10 years so people with $$$$ get very very tired of you if you are not winning national championships. Good luck to LSU. Their new coach won't do any better, but the cliche hit Les. It was time for him to go; the alums got tired of him.

Little surprised OU alums aren't doing the same to Stoops.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 1, 2016 -> 01:00 AM)
Anybody getting bored with Ohio State and Alabama dominance? How do they do it every single year?

And b.) Miles should have left LSU on his own after last season or the year before. The cliche hit poor Les. Been there 10 years so people with $$$$ get very very tired of you if you are not winning national championships. Good luck to LSU. Their new coach won't do any better, but the cliche hit Les. It was time for him to go; the alums got tired of him.

Little surprised OU alums aren't doing the same to Stoops.

Anybody getting bored with Kansas and Duke dominance in basketball?

The best players go to the best programs. That's why pro leagues have drafts.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 1, 2016 -> 01:00 AM)

Nope.

And its real early, OSU will have a couple of losses this year, but its called recruiting and coaching. OSU and Bama happen to have 2 of the best college coaches ever.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 30, 2016 -> 07:33 PM)
Majorly impressive first half from Washington, they look legit. Stanford is shook on the road.

Shocking Stat of the day: Christian McCaffrey has zero touchdowns in 12 true road games.

There's a serious buzz in the air about this Husky team over here. They've waited a long time for this team to become dominant once again. Who would have known I was moving to a great football town. Huskies were nowhere on my radar when I came here.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 1, 2016 -> 09:24 AM)
There's a serious buzz in the air about this Husky team over here. They've waited a long time for this team to become dominant once again. Who would have known I was moving to a great football town. Huskies were nowhere on my radar when I came here.

Coaching is key and recruiting follows. They will be a force.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 1, 2016 -> 10:19 AM)
Coaching is key and recruiting follows. They will be a force.

Last night they were retweeting a Bruce Feldman tweet from 2013. Essentially it said Pat Haden didn't think Chris Petersen would be a good fit with how USC runs things. Oops. He screwed that program up badly with his coaching hires.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 1, 2016 -> 05:21 PM)
Illinois getting robbed by the refs against Nebraska. Stopped them twice on that last drive but instead refs call a phantom pass interference call on one play and gave Nebraska a first when they were clearly short of the first down.

Saw this, lol

Glxd2xCh.jpg

Illinois ever since the game at Penn ST which was Paterno's last game, have not got any calls home or away. Illinois leads Big Ten last 20 years in apology letters from Big Ten saying we made a mistake sorry!

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 1, 2016 -> 05:15 PM)
Man, those refs always have it out for Illinois. Every year, every sport.

That was an objectively bad spot on 4th down. Even the Nebraska boards acknowledged they got a huge break. When you are a 20 point underdog, you can't win games where those calls go against you.

I can't be too mad because it's great that Illinois was actually competitive today, but that horrible spot on 4th down took away any chance Illinois had of winning this game...

QUOTE (gatnom @ Oct 1, 2016 -> 08:14 PM)
This just in: Illinois fans only fans to ever complain about refs.

There's more Illini fans on this board than any other team so it's understandable that you guys complain the most but holy hell it's on another level. Every freakin game, in every freakin sport.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 2, 2016 -> 07:33 AM)
There's more Illini fans on this board than any other team so it's understandable that you guys complain the most but holy hell it's on another level. Every freakin game, in every freakin sport.

As an Illini fan, I want to like this post 1000 times. I glance at Illini message boards and I see conspiracy talk. Are you kidding me?

All college refs suck. It's just a shock to the system for Illini fans cause they are so rarely in close games.

Major fail by Lovie to punt on 4th down, but didn't expect any different from him. The defense had just been on the field for 11 minutes, they weren't gonna stop anybody. Liked how the announcers called it a NFL decision.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 1, 2016 -> 11:02 PM)
What great games tonight.

Hoosiers!

Expecting to get throttled next week but still have hope for bowl eligibility. Need 3 more wins, and with games against Rutgers, Purdue, Northwestern, Maryland and Penn State, definitely seems doable.

Rock, you think Ohio State covers the spread (-28)? We've played you well the past few years, but Gerry DiNardo (surprisingly!) made a good point last night: While this IU team is better overall than in the past, particularly on defense, our offense isn't quite as explosive. Those close games were the product of an explosive offense. So while we may be a better team, we're less likely to pull off the shocker against Ohio State.

I think it will be right at the spread, wouldn't be surprised to see something like 52-24.

Edited by farmteam