2016-2017 NCAA football thread

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 8, 2016 -> 11:50 AM)
Rock, you think Ohio State covers the spread (-28)? We've played you well the past few years, but Gerry DiNardo (surprisingly!) made a good point last night: While this IU team is better overall than in the past, particularly on defense, our offense isn't quite as explosive. Those close games were the product of an explosive offense. So while we may be a better team, we're less likely to pull off the shocker against Ohio State.

I think it will be right at the spread, wouldn't be surprised to see something like 52-24.

Sorry i didn't the see this before. No I didn't but they could have without some of those atrocious calls.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 8, 2016 -> 09:15 PM)
What did Rutgers ever do to Jim Harbaugh? This has gotta be an all time conference beat down. 71-0, yardage is 540 to 6. Yes, six.

b****ing and moaning about Harbaugh recruiting NJ and the satellite camps. Should've kept his mouth shut. Everyone knew this was a possibility.

Not too mention the whole second half is 2nd and 3rd stringers.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 8, 2016 -> 09:40 PM)
b****ing and moaning about Harbaugh recruiting NJ and the satellite camps. Should've kept his mouth shut. Everyone knew this was a possibility.

Not too mention the whole second half is 2nd and 3rd stringers.

So the Rutgers coach actually b****ed about the satellite camps? Ha. I don't think that's allowed until you have an actual football team.

I would love to see a comparison to other Power 5 games, I doubt there have been many blowouts this big.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 8, 2016 -> 09:15 PM)
What did Rutgers ever do to Jim Harbaugh? This has gotta be an all time conference beat down. 71-0, yardage is 540 to 6. Yes, six.

He beat Harbaugh in Ann Arbor last year for one. Jimmy also for sure wanted to beat him worse than OSU did as well as show out in front of NJ recruits

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 9, 2016 -> 07:57 AM)
He beat Harbaugh in Ann Arbor last year for one. Jimmy also for sure wanted to beat him worse than OSU did as well as show out in front of NJ recruits

No he didn't. Beat Hoke two years ago in NJ.

Nevermind. You meant Ash when he was with OSU

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 9, 2016 -> 11:15 AM)
The Ruth's Chris in Ann Abor gives a discount based on the margin of victory. It probably was hard to get a table last night at 78% off.

Heard they cap it at 50% off but still a solid deal for sure

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 9, 2016 -> 11:15 AM)
The Ruth's Chris in Ann Abor gives a discount based on the margin of victory. It probably was hard to get a table last night at 78% off.

The promotion runs Sunday-Thursday, yesterday they had zero tables available until Friday. Although the discount is only for food, booze is not included.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 8, 2016 -> 05:52 PM)
Wow Tennessee. What a turn of events

I couldn't have experienced a wider range of emotions during the last few minutes of that game. I was 100% certain we were going to win after that dude missed the chip shot FG. It's a damn shame. We committed 7 turnovers and still took a Top 10 team to 2 OTs.

Unfortunately for Tennessee, no team has angered the injury gods more. Half our starters and even more backups are out. I don't know how much longer they can keep this up when we're down to guys who had never previously seen the field this year until the A&M game.

Oh well, on to Bama.

Edited by dasox24