2016-2017 NCAA football thread

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 26, 2016 -> 03:04 PM)
Ohio State got two big breaks from the refs in OT. Obvious pass interference on Michigan's 3rd down play overturned and I really don't think Barrett got that first down.

He got there.

Makes up for OSU opponents getting called for the least number of penalties in the country.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 26, 2016 -> 03:13 PM)
Don't like either team but happy Michigan lost cause Harbaugh is a wuss.

Let's take this outside.

We made some dumb penalties and our playcalling was so vanilla, but how about we get some refs, all over college football, that can keep up. 2 penalties for 6 yards? Cmon

And I have no idea about that last spot. I think he ran into his own guy, went down, and was short, but how about a legit review and measurement. Kind of a big game.

The no PI call in OT was weak especially since they called the exact same think against Michigan during regulation. Whether they would have scored a TD or not, no one knows, it was a nice spot for OSU on the 4th down play. It was really close. If they said short, that would have held up with replay. It wa a sweet game. I just assumed OSU had a better offense. I thought they would roll. Bad turnovers didn't help Harbaugh.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 26, 2016 -> 03:58 PM)
There were missed calls the entire game. Watch one replay of Michigan OL. Don't turtle in the second half and you win. Playing scared on the road is stupid. That's exactly why Michigan lost 2 of their 3 road games

OSU got the benefit of every call late. There is no doubt about that. I will not say the officiating cost Michigan the win, I think the INTs did. It didn't help. I don't know if they fine college coaches, but whatever they do, Harbaugh let the refs have it postgame. There has to be some sort of penalty. Said they penalized him 15 years for throwing his script towards his bench. He asked why, the ref told him it is a penalty in basketball. Bo used to get unsportsmanlike all the time, but usually for yelling and throwing his headset on the field.