2016-2017 NCAA football thread

Well, Iowa did get some breaks. The safety to get back some momentum. 4th down conversion for TD on a short pass. The field goal after halftime when Michigan fumbled to give them the lead. Harbaugh getting all conservative with the offense when they had a chance to run out the clock as well as the personal foul on the punt to give them favorable field position.

You can't mess with Hayden Fry's pink locker rooms. Karma and hubris take out the Wolverines.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story...ing-locker-room

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy in Harbaugh. Thanks for turning Iowa's season around...they were completely decimated by PSU, but the disrespecting of the locker room surely got the attention of Beathard, Wadley, King and Jewell.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now Michigan and Ohio State will really get interesting...battle for survival to get to the title game. Michigan shouldn't take Indiana for granted, either.

3 of the top 4 teams all losing within hours of each other.

Alabama the one constant. Would be cool to see Louisville sneak into the Final 4 for their Heisman winner.

Harbaugh broke his leg at Iowa, lost in 1985 in a match-up of #1-2 when he was QB on a last second field goal (Rob Houghtlin) and then a very similar score and fg at the end of this one.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 12, 2016 -> 11:05 PM)
Now Michigan and Ohio State will really get interesting...battle for survival to get to the title game. Michigan shouldn't take Indiana for granted, either.

3 of the top 4 teams all losing within hours of each other.

Alabama the one constant. Would be cool to see Louisville sneak into the Final 4 for their Heisman winner.

Harbaugh broke his leg at Iowa, lost in 1985 in a match-up of #1-2 when he was QB on a last second field goal (Rob Houghtlin) and then a very similar score and fg at the end of this one.

Michigan hadn't played a real road game all season and it got em. that loss most likely took Ohio state out of the conference title game should they win out.

You had one job Harbaugh. Dick

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 13, 2016 -> 05:30 AM)
Michigan hadn't played a real road game all season and it got em. that loss most likely took Ohio state out of the conference title game should they win out.

You had one job Harbaugh. Dick

Piss off Michigan and Ohio State in one game.....priceless.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 13, 2016 -> 07:19 AM)
Loved the phantom facemask that was called over the obvious hold on that punt. But whatever. Speight was trash. Missed two open TDs.

I saw the replay. Something turned his head.

Iowa isn't a very good team. It shouldn't have been close. Night games away are extremely tough.

So that game screwed over OSU but had zero effect on Michigan's playoff chances? If they beat OSU, they still make the title game, win that and they make the playoff for sure. Same thing with Clemson too, if they win out and win the ACC, they are in too.

Although if OSU smokes Michigan and chaos ensues elsewhere, I wonder if they can sneak in the top 4 without a conference title.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 13, 2016 -> 07:58 AM)
I saw the replay. Something turned his head.

Iowa isn't a very good team. It shouldn't have been close. Night games away are extremely tough.

Any team who started 12-0 last year and returning 15 starters can be dangerous.

They're never sexy, but they wear you down on the offensive and defensive lines at their best. Then you add last week's embarrassment at PSU, Michigan making national news trying to cover up the pink locker room (especially posing for pictures with a cocky attitude)...and finally playing at home in front of a primetime national tv audience and fifty recruits.

Ferentz really gets motivated for OSU, Michigan and PSU as well...fwiw. It's traditionally NW and Iowa State that give Iowa the most problems, although obviously OSU and MI usually win with far superior talent.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 13, 2016 -> 08:56 AM)
So that game screwed over OSU but had zero effect on Michigan's playoff chances? If they beat OSU, they still make the title game, win that and they make the playoff for sure. Same thing with Clemson too, if they win out and win the ACC, they are in too.

Although if OSU smokes Michigan and chaos ensues elsewhere, I wonder if they can sneak in the top 4 without a conference title.

If osu wins out the likelihood of making the playoff is very high with the quality wins and the good loss. Chaos for sure.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 13, 2016 -> 07:55 AM)
If osu wins out the likelihood of making the playoff is very high with the quality wins and the good loss. Chaos for sure.

I don't quite get it though...the Michigan loss doesn't impact OSU's chances of making the conference title game over PSU though, does it?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 02:55 PM)
Big Ten to start hosting Friday Night football games. As an Illinois fan, I'm all for it. Take all the extra exposure they can get, no one is gonna watch them on Saturdays.

2017 Schedule:

Fri., Sept. 1 Washington at Rutgers

Fri., Sept. 1 Utah State at Wisconsin

Fri., Sept. 8 Ohio at Purdue

Fri., Sept. 29 Nebraska at Illinois

Fri., Oct. 13 Northwestern at Maryland

Fri., Oct. 27 Michigan State at Northwestern

Hate this idea ratings will not be good.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 13, 2016 -> 11:12 AM)
I don't quite get it though...the Michigan loss doesn't impact OSU's chances of making the conference title game over PSU though, does it?

If all 3 teams had one loss, Ohio State would win the tiebreaker. NOW it would be a two team tie, and Penn State beat OSU so they would go to the title game.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 13, 2016 -> 09:43 AM)
If all 3 teams had one loss, Ohio State would win the tiebreaker. NOW it would be a two team tie, and Penn State beat OSU so they would go to the title game.

Ahh...I see...thanks for the clarification!

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 22, 2016 -> 11:13 AM)
Dammit, Rock! I wish Hickory was here for this season.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-...ct?sf43132124=1

Lol, dude would have acted even more crazy. Thats one string of PM's ill never delete

And let's be honest, does anyone REALLY think this guy/girl acted alone? under kelly this stuff has been systematic

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 22, 2016 -> 11:58 AM)
Lol, dude would have acted even more crazy. Thats one string of PM's ill never delete

And let's be honest, does anyone REALLY think this guy/girl acted alone? under kelly this stuff has been systematic

(cough)screenshot to my dm(cough)

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 22, 2016 -> 01:07 PM)
The reason for academic cheating is because a player may be in danger of being ineligible and a coach pushed for help for that situation. Laughable to keep yourself disconnected from it.

Kelly is obviously getting fired and this is the scapegoat.

How about 17 years of academic fraud at North Carolina?