2016 Recruiting Thread

bmags

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 02:51 PM)
Damn it's nice to have the AD's office excited about sports again:

I enjoy college sports, but man I can't help to feel weird about two grown men hugging and smiling over where a high school kid decides to go to college.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 09:15 PM)
I enjoy college sports, but man I can't help to feel weird about two grown men hugging and smiling over where a high school kid decides to go to college.

Same. It's like "hell yeah, improved job security and making money off this kid".

If Jordan Goodwin commits to Illinois, Groce is safe for a while.

It's the trick in recruiting. Illinois has been on a lot of top lists (heck, they got a verbal commitment from Alexander and Snider committed to Illinois publicly). All you have to do is land one.

Just ask Michigan. That program sucked for years and it took Beilein multiple bad seasons to right the ship.

Edited by Deadpool

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 07:00 PM)
He'll be gone if he doesn't make the tournament.

Beilen had 3 tournament appearances and a B1G title though 5 seasons. Situations not too comparable.

Yep Groce has to make NCAA tourney or bust

Don't even know where to put this but the glory days of mizzou sports are certainly over. Their AD just left to go to Baylor, the school cleaning up a horrible rape / rape reporting suppression scandal.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 03:15 PM)

I'm currently going through this process with my daughter and it is a weird process with these coaches. As a parent though it's really nice to know her cost of going to college is going to be drastically reduced.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 07:00 PM)
He'll be gone if he doesn't make the tournament.

Beilen had 3 tournament appearances and a B1G title though 5 seasons. Situations not too comparable.

They probably can't fire him if he recruits the hell out of the next couple of classes. He makes so many top 5s of some really good talent. He got a verbal commitment from two top guys one year that changed their minds the last day. Recruiting is everything in CBB. If he sucks with Goodwin, JT, etc, he's definitely fired.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 19, 2016 -> 05:41 PM)
Not that it means much but Illinois made PF Theo John's top 6 and SF Terrance Lewis is going to visit Illinois in August

I'm not impressed by John at all, he was a decent option if we couldn't land Tilmon but I don't see the fit now. A redshirt candidate would be fine with the last scholly but I don't think John wants that.

I'm still high on Lewis but if Goodwin does commit to us I again don't see the fit.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 20, 2016 -> 10:03 AM)
I'm not impressed by John at all, he was a decent option if we couldn't land Tilmon but I don't see the fit now. A redshirt candidate would be fine with the last scholly but I don't think John wants that.

I'm still high on Lewis but if Goodwin does commit to us I again don't see the fit.

Get Goodwin and Frazier and call it a day. I think that is the expectation at this point and it might very well be the best recruiting class at Illinois since the Self era.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jul 20, 2016 -> 10:14 AM)
Get Goodwin and Frazier and call it a day. I think that is the expectation at this point and it might very well be the best recruiting class at Illinois since the Self era.

Yup I'm fine with this, and you swing for the fence with the last scholarship. Probably won't use it but then you have some interesting options in 2018.