bmags

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 09:14 AM)
Rumors swirling about Tilmon going to commit to Illinois, I'm finding it hard to believe though.

Rumors are that we can see a commitment today.

Pickett, Williams, and Tilmon is a great start to the 17 class.

Definitely would give us a good shot with Goodwin and Scruggs.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 09:56 AM)
Hope the rumors are true. Get these guys in then get a real coach to lead them to some wins.

If Groce signs a class of Williams, Pickett, Tilmon, Goodwin, Scruggs then he won't be going anywhere. That's about the best recruiting job an Illinois coach has done in a LONG time.

Odds of that are slim though, and like I said I still doubt there is much merit to Tilmon committing to Illinois and especially today of all days.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 10:04 AM)
If Groce signs a class of Williams, Pickett, Tilmon, Goodwin, Scruggs then he won't be going anywhere. That's about the best recruiting job an Illinois coach has done in a LONG time.

Odds of that are slim though, and like I said I still doubt there is much merit to Tilmon committing to Illinois and especially today of all days.

Have you seen all the Illinois writers though saying Tilmon to Illinois though? Werner, Piper, and Tate are all hearing great things that he will commit. Obviously be skeptical, but it's definitely positive.

I think if we get Tilmon, that definitely helps with Goodwin. If we get both Tilmon and Goodwin, that helps big time with Scruggs. Others are Verge, Theo John, Tim Frazier, Terrance Lewis who I wouldn't mind either

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 10:08 AM)
Have you seen all the Illinois writers though saying Tilmon to Illinois though? Werner, Piper, and Tate are all hearing great things that he will commit. Obviously be skeptical, but it's definitely positive.

I think if we get Tilmon, that definitely helps with Goodwin. If we get both Tilmon and Goodwin, that helps big time with Scruggs. Others are Verge, Theo John, Tim Frazier, Terrance Lewis who I wouldn't mind either

I'm too jaded after the past few years, I'll believe he's attending Illinois when he signs an NLOI and Groce is still coach on reporting day.

That said, it is fun to think of what the class could look like with Tilmon jumping on board this early, makes Groce's job soooo much easier to sell Goodwin/Scruggs/etc to come as well.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 10:13 AM)
I'm too jaded after the past few years, I'll believe he's attending Illinois when he signs an NLOI and Groce is still coach on reporting day.

That said, it is fun to think of what the class could look like with Tilmon jumping on board this early, makes Groce's job soooo much easier to sell Goodwin/Scruggs/etc to come as well.

Exactly. They have 4 scholarships to work with still for the 17 class. The 2 biggest chips in this class though is Tilmon and Goodwin like you said. Groce lands them and this recruiting class could be very special.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 11:13 AM)
Having seen Tilmon in person at LaLu, this is a big get for Illinois. The kid is good.

Illinois also has only 2 true frontcourt players next year, he's an absolute must for Groce at this point.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 11:21 AM)
Illinois also has only 2 true frontcourt players next year, he's an absolute must for Groce at this point.

The night I saw them play, Roy Williams was there in person to meet with Tilmon. He has great feet around the rim, a nice passing touch, a solid jump shot, quick springs, and he even has back to the basket post moves.

He is the best big man I have seen in person at a HS game probably since I saw Zach Randolph as a sophomore at Marion HS.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 11:21 AM)

I'd love if they can somehow get Tilmon and Theo John on the front court. Mix that in with Goodwin who is an absolute bulldog, they would have a solid rebounding group I believe.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 12:16 PM)
Werner/Piper saying on the premium board theyou have a bunch of content/articles re: Tilmon they're about to release but can't yet. Have to imagine they're just waiting for him to make it official and he'll announce it through them.

I'm surprised we haven't heard about a press conference or something for Tilmon, while his recruitment hasn't been a loud one like Cliff's I'd still be surprised by a "quiet" announcement.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 12:31 PM)
I'm surprised we haven't heard about a press conference or something for Tilmon, while his recruitment hasn't been a loud one like Cliff's I'd still be surprised by a "quiet" announcement.

Piper is at La Lum so there may be a presser.