Cleto - Rejoining the Sox for a 3rd time

qmoe1020

I'm not going to lie. I had no idea that he was still in the Sox organization last year and actually put up some really nice numbers.

51 IP, 3.00 ERA, 3.88 FIP, 1.078 WHIP, 5.5 H/9, 1.1 HR/9, 4.2 BB/9, 10.8 K/9, 2.54 K/BB

Obviously the walk rate is still high but you can live with it from a reliever if he has a K/9 rate of 10.8.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 02:07 PM)
I'm not going to lie. I had no idea that he was still in the Sox organization last year and actually put up some really nice numbers.

51 IP, 3.00 ERA, 3.88 FIP, 1.078 WHIP, 5.5 H/9, 1.1 HR/9, 4.2 BB/9, 10.8 K/9, 2.54 K/BB

Obviously the walk rate is still high but you can live with it from a reliever if he has a K/9 rate of 10.8.

Except we have learned he can't do that at the major league level. They chase way less garbage.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 02:23 PM)
Except we have learned he can't do that at the major league level. They chase way less garbage.

Oh trust me, I don't want him in the bullpen next year. I was just surprised that he was still with the Sox and putting up decent numbers. Really last year was the best numbers he has put up in any extended period of time at any level of professional baseball.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 04:19 PM)
Rick Hahn personally loves Cleto as a pitcher.

To be clear, I am not saying he thinks he's going to be Stephen Strasburg, but I've heard Hahn admit he's always been very bullish on him.

Brad Penny level love?

Cleto deal now official

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/02/mino...tions-2316.html

The White Sox have re-signed righty Maikel Cleto and added outfielder Vinny Rottino, according to Baseball America’s Matt Eddy. Cleto, 26, has been hit around in his limited MLB experience but has shown the ability to miss bats. He spent last year at Triple-A, working to a 3.00 ERA in 51 frames with 10.8 K/9 against 4.2 BB/9. The 35-year-old Rottino has not seen the majors since 2012. He slashed .266/.346/.390 over 514 plate appearances at Triple-A in 2015.