**2016 Video Game Thread**

ChiliIrishHammock24

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/...103913328709632

Nintendo NX officially revealed as Nintendo Switch. The flexibility looks cool, there are a bunch of different ways you can take it on the road and play but it looks like it would be pretty awkward using those tiny, chintzy-looking controllers.

I haven't purchased any Nintendo hardware since the Gamecube and I doubt this is gonna reel me in. I'm not into the gimmicks. I just wanna sit on my couch with a controller. Seems like a good idea for them to unite their (very successful) mobile and their (not-so-successful) home console sides, though. I'm sure it appeals to plenty of people out there.

The trailer did show a new Mario game for a second there!

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 09:24 AM)
Same. Played a bunch of Civ5 this month to get reacquainted.

My only concern is how long each turn will take to laod when you get to the later stages. But Ill get it cause I think Ive owned every CIV since the SNES version.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 05:38 PM)
My only concern is how long each turn will take to laod when you get to the later stages. But Ill get it cause I think Ive owned every CIV since the SNES version.

Upgrade your computer, yo.

But, I have been hearing that they've made the mid-late game much more interesting and engaging. It's not clicking "Next Turn" endlessly.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 11:41 AM)
Upgrade your computer, yo.

But, I have been hearing that they've made the mid-late game much more interesting and engaging. It's not clicking "Next Turn" endlessly.

They've been claiming that they've fixed that since civ 3. It's just the nature of the beast and they know it. When you end up with 30 different units and you gotta do something with them each turn, the game moves along at a snails pace.

I'll get this, like i've gotten every other one. The only Civ game I didn't buy was the console/phone version and the most recent space version of civ 5.

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 06:23 PM)
They've been claiming that they've fixed that since civ 3. It's just the nature of the beast and they know it. When you end up with 30 different units and you gotta do something with them each turn, the game moves along at a snails pace.

I'm not talking about heavy unit/city maintenance, but when you're not going Domination, and the midgame consists solely of hitting "Next Turn" over and over and over while you wait for Research to complete or Culture to accumulate.

Supposedly the game encourages you to be more active. I guess we'll have to see.

Hi guys, I have a question relating to Fallout 4 on xbox one.

I *might* be interested in buying Fallout 4 for Xbox One now that I have an xbox.

I hear that it may/has come with a download to Fallout 3.

I am wondering if all new games of Fallout 4 for Xbox one come with this download or if I have to order it a special way (on Microsoft store??) or if the promotion no longer applies.

My guess, from the internet, is that the promotion no longer applies, but I'm seeing mixed answers.

Anyone have knowledge about this?

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 02:58 PM)
Nintendo is trying to convey that their system can play modern games and has a 5 year old game in their first look trailer of a new system. Oh, Nintendo.

Probably just to show off the partnership with Bethesda, but I agree

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 06:46 PM)
Probably just to show off the partnership with Bethesda, but I agree

That and to demonstrate the idea of playing a massive AAA title on the go. I get it's five years old, but it's still a large open-world game people are familiar with. That's an experience doesn't really exist today on a mobile platform and is a huge selling point for Switch.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 02:58 PM)
Nintendo is trying to convey that their system can play modern games and has a 5 year old game in their first look trailer of a new system. Oh, Nintendo.

Yeah, I had the same thought.

Watch TES 6 get announced for Xbox One and PS4, while Nintendo is pimping Skyrim.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Oct 20, 2016 -> 06:11 PM)
No one talking about RDR2?

Graphics were awesome, timeperiod looks AFTER RDR1, f*** I can't wait to jump back in to that world.

Ryan McCaffrey of IGN speculating that there may be 7 playable characters.

Steve posted the trailer.

Must say -- The halo experience on MCC has been AWESOME. The Xbox one has been great the first couple of days Ive had it. The whole Gold games for free is amazing too. Downloaded the baseball game from there, not bad. (Also saw that they had WWE 2k16 for free a while back, amazing!)

Rocket league was only $15.00 for me due to gold membership as well.

This s*** is awesome!

But more specifically, on the Halo MCC collection, I have not played multiplayer with a group, but as an individual this has been an amazingly nostalgic performance! I'm able to get games pretty quickly in Big Team Battle and Halo 3 set ups. I played a Halo 1 CTF game and man that was different!

Greatness.