**2016 Video Game Thread**

ChiliIrishHammock24

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 11:55 AM)
Smash Bros: Melee reportedly will be coming to the Nintendo Switch

along with Super Mario Sunshine, Luigis Mansion, and Animal Crossing. Smash bros Melee is a good move by them, there is still a huge following for that game and still many competitions(i dont think eSports though)

Fox. No items. Final destination.

But on the real, the Gamecube was an amazing console so it's a good idea to add that nostalgia factor.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 1, 2016 -> 08:19 AM)
I finally dug in and decided to beat GTA 5. I'm done with Michael's missions and have about 4 left between Franklin and Trevor.

This game is just bananas in its depth. Truly an unreal experience. Looking forward to RDR2 next year.

I've been gradually trickling along with this game. I guess I'm about 30 or 40% through with it, I could probably finish it in a few days if I really wanted to, but I got so many games on my Xbox One downstairs that I can never put my focus into it. I love listening to the right-wing radio stations, it's so absurd, but that's how they sound in real life to everyone but themselves, lol.

I was playing this at the same time I was playing Sleeping Dogs and the "which side of the street to drive on" thing kept f***ing with me. Just as I get used to Hong Kong I pick GTA up again and I'm driving on the left side crashing into everything.

Also Sleeping Dogs is free on the XBone rn.

I bought the Ezio Collection for Xbox One (surprise! I really like Assassin's Creed and Ezio in particular!) even though I already played and finished all 3 of those games... then I saw Assassin's Creed Liberation on sale in the Playstation Store so I went ahead and downloaded that too. So that's twice now I've gotten the same game on both consoles just because I really liked it the first time (Arkham Knight being the other).

But I still gotta at least attempt to make progress in the Witcher 3, Watch Dogs 2, and so on. Such is life for an employed adult gamer.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 09:26 AM)
I bought the Ezio Collection for Xbox One (surprise! I really like Assassin's Creed and Ezio in particular!) even though I already played and finished all 3 of those games... then I saw Assassin's Creed Liberation on sale in the Playstation Store so I went ahead and downloaded that too. So that's twice now I've gotten the same game on both consoles just because I really liked it the first time (Arkham Knight being the other).

But I still gotta at least attempt to make progress in the Witcher 3, Watch Dogs 2, and so on. Such is life for an employed adult gamer.

I've had this sitting on my PS4 for a solid 8 months. Every time I pop it in it dawns on me what a time commitment it will be to enjoy it and I scare myself away. With 2 kids, one being a newborn, I'm basically stuck playing sports games or single player games that I can pop in and out of whenever I get 30-45 minutes.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 10:55 AM)
I've had this sitting on my PS4 for a solid 8 months. Every time I pop it in it dawns on me what a time commitment it will be to enjoy it and I scare myself away. With 2 kids, one being a newborn, I'm basically stuck playing sports games or single player games that I can pop in and out of whenever I get 30-45 minutes.

Yeah, last fall I locked myself away with Fallout 4 for several weeks and came out with a platinum trophy and that's pretty much what I need to do. I'm only 2 or 3 hours into the game, after the part where Geralt meets Yennefer and meets the emperor, and there's at least like 80-100 hours remaining and that's being conservative. I wasn't even gonna buy it but it was on sale on Xbox Live back in the summer for $25, so what the hell.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 09:20 AM)
I was playing this at the same time I was playing Sleeping Dogs and the "which side of the street to drive on" thing kept f***ing with me. Just as I get used to Hong Kong I pick GTA up again and I'm driving on the left side crashing into everything.

I just always drive down the middle. Problem solved. :lol:

I did some upgrades on my PC, so I installed Steam so I can play some games on it again. I started making a username and password since I haven't been on in forever, and the name I picked was taken. WHO THE HELL HAS MY USERNAME?! NOBODY EVER USES IT!!!

Oh... me... in 2007. Half-Life 2 is still on there. I see.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Dec 16, 2016 -> 01:02 PM)
UBISOFT giving away a free bundle of PC games til the 18th: https://club.ubisoft.com/en-US/ubi30

(have to install UPLAY) :P

FREE Ubisoft Bundle collects the following uPlay titles:

Prince of Persia The Sands of Time

Splinter Cell

Rayman Origins

The Crew

Beyond Good & Evil

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Assassin’s Creed 3

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon is a MUST download.

• 2 weeks later...

About to finish my 2016 season of MLB The Show (Sox vs. Cubs World Series, I currently have a 2-1 game lead, both my wins coming in extra innings), and I can't decide who I will trade Quintana too. I will be executing the Sale and Eaton trades, but need to figure out where to send Q and if I should keep Charlie Blackmon or move him to make the team closer to real life. I've also added Pedro Alvarez and Alex Meyer (AAA).

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 06:19 AM)
Can't seem to find a release date for the game "Days Gone" which was revealed at E3 this summer. Looks badass. Anyone who likes Last of Us will likely enjoy this game.

It was announced at E3, but they haven't given a date, or even a year, yet. Absolute earliest it comes out fall 2017, but it's probably a 2018 game.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 06:55 AM)
Steep is an absolute blast. I'm also very much enjoying Battlefield 1.

I just got that for Christmas but haven't loaded it up yet. Finally starting to get the hang of COD Infinite Warfare and don't want to leave just when I can be over even. How is the play on that so far?

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Dec 29, 2016 -> 10:52 PM)
Does Battlefield 1 have any sort of single player value? I don't really like online games too much, so offline mode is all I would be spending my money on.

The single-player is the best stories I've played in a FPS.

There's like 7 different tracks you go down that tell different WW1 stories. It's really deep, well-acted, and makes you feel like you're there.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 10:31 AM)

There's like 7 different tracks you go down that tell different WW1 stories. It's really deep, well-acted, and makes you feel like you're there.

Someone quote this for him so he sees it.

Finished playing Inside last night. One of the single most enjoyable gaming experiences I've ever had. It's a puzzle platformer with a beautiful art style from the makers of Limbo, the game mechanics and and story are super cool and it has one of the funniest, unexpected moments I've seen in a game. It's a tight 3.5 hour run and is on sale for $10 on PSN right now, I highly recommend it, probably going to do a second run over the weekend.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 30, 2016 -> 10:31 AM)

quoted for Chili at steves request

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 10:03 AM)
Two game recommendations: Inside, from the makers of Limbo, and Firewatch. Got both on sale on Steam for about $12 bucks each.

Firewatch was great, only halfway through Inside but also a quality game. Definitely good recommendations. Just downloaded Virigna for $4.50 the other night and plan to give that a go next.