**2016 Video Game Thread**

ChiliIrishHammock24

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really getting fed up with FIFA 17. This is the 2nd time that this has happened to me. Middle of my career mode and all the players have changed to random names. Not even real names. So, I'm trying to find players via transfer and none of them show up. Just awful.

Erik Lamela is now Erivalo Luca.......

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 26, 2016 -> 08:01 AM)
Really getting fed up with FIFA 17. This is the 2nd time that this has happened to me. Middle of my career mode and all the players have changed to random names. Not even real names. So, I'm trying to find players via transfer and none of them show up. Just awful.

Erik Lamela is now Erivalo Luca.......

Ha they just all re-gen'd for no reason.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 29, 2016 -> 10:03 AM)
You can return games? Did you buy it used or something?

No, I'll just sell it back to Gamestop and get store credit for it if this happens again.

I checked this morning since you said it and my manager mode was still ok, but we'll see.

I finally dug in and decided to beat GTA 5. I'm done with Michael's missions and have about 4 left between Franklin and Trevor.

This game is just bananas in its depth. Truly an unreal experience. Looking forward to RDR2 next year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 1, 2016 -> 07:19 AM)
I finally dug in and decided to beat GTA 5. I'm done with Michael's missions and have about 4 left between Franklin and Trevor.

This game is just bananas in its depth. Truly an unreal experience. Looking forward to RDR2 next year.

did you go back to No Mans Sky after the update? I have been reading about it, seems it is bringing back a lot of players that dropped the game early on

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 1, 2016 -> 11:52 AM)
did you go back to No Mans Sky after the update? I have been reading about it, seems it is bringing back a lot of players that dropped the game early on

Tell me more?

I loved the game, just burnt out.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 2, 2016 -> 06:54 AM)

This game could be the GOAT. I was actually a little worried based on the E3 vidoes that the game might have a big open world but be a boring mess. However, there appears to be a lot more depth to this game than they originally let on, they're just trying to not give too much away (should have been obvious to me). Easily my most anticipated game for 2017.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 2, 2016 -> 07:03 AM)
This game could be the GOAT. I was actually a little worried based on the E3 vidoes that the game might have a big open world but be a boring mess. However, there appears to be a lot more depth to this game than they originally let on, they're just trying to not give too much away (should have been obvious to me). Easily my most anticipated game for 2017.

That last scene with Link kneeling and a female character next to him almost out of the picture, I wonder if that is Zelda/Sheik or that Linkle character

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 1, 2016 -> 07:19 AM)

I keep getting stuck with nothing new popping up. No idea what I am doing wrong

QUOTE (Tony @ Dec 4, 2016 -> 04:59 PM)
Everyone is already speculating that Joel is dead, and that Ellie is dreaming in the trailer, that she is super angry and going to kill all the fireflies and at the end of the game we'll see Joel actually dead.

Saw that and it makes sense. It would make Ellie want to take vengence over the Fireflies.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 04:40 PM)
I don't get the benefits of the PS4 Pro over the regular PS4 other than 4K capabilities.

That's a big deal for a lot of people. Once you see stuff in 4K, everything else looks like s***.

QUOTE (Tony @ Dec 4, 2016 -> 04:59 PM)
Everyone is already speculating that Joel is dead, and that Ellie is dreaming in the trailer, that she is super angry and going to kill all the fireflies and at the end of the game we'll see Joel actually dead.

I can see how that would make sense from the trailer. I think it's more likely that Joel and Ellie had settled with Joel's brother's settlement by the hydro plant that we see at the end of the first game. At some point the Fireflies found out where Joel and Ellie went and attacked the settlement. Joel and Ellie are on their own again. Ellie is vengeful because people she had grown to love, and weren't going to leave her like she complained about in the first game, were taken away from her.