**2016 Video Game Thread**

ChiliIrishHammock24

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 23, 2016 -> 11:30 PM)

Lol, not saying I didn't believe you, but was just wondering what your connection was to SCEA.

But I'm glad the CF scoreboard got it in! Not too concerned about LF and RF ones because they are still the same size and same spot, and you don't see them 95% of the time like you would the CF one.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 01:17 PM)
Base running is fantastic and so much easier in the game. It was easy to get the hang of it in 2015, but I remember there was a learning curve and cost myself some runs in 2015 with guys not tagging up, advancing all runners, ect. They have made things MUCH more simple and easy this year, which is a big improvement.

Can you give us some ratings on the Sox players?

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 09:26 PM)
Sale 94

Q 81

Rodon 79

Danks 74

EJ 64

DRob 88

Albers 72

Jones 80

Jennings 69

Petricka 68

Putnam 72

Duke 74

Eaton 81

Melky 76

Jose 86

Frazier 84

Lawrie 78

LaRoche 69

Avi 74

Avila 75

Rollins 81

Like in real life, I couldn't hit a lick with LaRoche, I crush with Frazier early on. Melky still seems to hit everything, I was the same way with him in 15

Ugh Q is underrated again.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 10:19 PM)
Servers just went online for the show.

They have flashback cards to use in DD now, the Sox suck but still pretty cool.

2012 Rios that is a 92

2005 Buehrle that is a 91

The rest are weird, like a 2009 Beckham at 79 and a 2008 Gavin Floyd at 81. There is a 2000 Buehrle for 74, haha.

The new legend they added for the Sox is old man Goosage, who is only an 83. No Big Frank.

Ugh.

I knew there was no Big Frank, but damn, SDS really didn't throw the Sox any bones with the legends and flash backs.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Mar 30, 2016 -> 12:27 AM)
Is Sounds of the Show shareable? I'm guessing not due to copyright?

No, it's not, but it was pretty quick for me. I just downloaded MP3s of walkup music, Thunderstruck, etc. in about 10 minutes, and then applied them to the Sox and Sox players in another 15.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Mar 30, 2016 -> 12:37 AM)
I usually always get The Show the day it comes out but decided to wait it out this year. I hardly played the game last year and not sure if it is even much different from previous years. How is the RTTS this year?

I think I will wait for the OS rosters

Haven't played RTTS yet, but it is different from previous years in improved commentary and a completely revamped defensive system. Fielding is now much more realistic and less choppy/animation-y.

The menus are still slow as hell on MLB 16, especially for Diamond Dynasty. Fix your s*** SDS.

I'm still playing the Division regularly, even after getting to level 30. I'm trying to get some more gold blueprints and cool weapons. Got the gold black market AK47 doing 100,000+ DPS right now. Goal is to get it to 120k so I can have a easier time playing the challenging daily missions.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 2, 2016 -> 09:53 PM)
The matchmaking is a joke for The Show. I have to go through 10 failed challenges before I can get matched with anyone.

Online for The Show is surprisingly playable this year.

There's almost no incentive to throw anything straight online, all fastballs get destroyed.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 2, 2016 -> 10:55 PM)
I haven't played baseball online in years and may never. ANY lag is death.

It's still slightly laggy, but the hitting pitching is fairly lag free. Last year, I'll hit a ball in play and the other guy's fielder would be all over the place while in reality, he caught the ball and the inning's over. There's none of that this year in the 3 games I've played so far.

Do any of you guys play Diamond Dynasty?

The single player conquest mode is pretty fun. I've played something like 15 games and I've already got a pretty solid team. Mostly silvers and two golds.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 3, 2016 -> 10:50 PM)
Ha, I'm on the opposite, can't hit a lick with Lawire. Frazier rakes. It's funny how people can be so different.

Also, loving analog flick. Hitting SO much better.

I prefer the stride hitting. Muscle memory versus making 2 different movements to produce 2 different types of swings.