**2016 Video Game Thread**

ChiliIrishHammock24

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 11, 2016 -> 06:20 AM)
How many hours did it take to beat and how good was it?

I'd say it took like 10 hours? I wasn't counting. But I really liked the game. The game's mechanics are just OK. The time warping powers you get are cool at first, but you pretty much get all of them near the start, so by the end of the game, the combat isn't as cool, just more difficult. The story is what's great about this game. The alternate stories you can create with your choices at junctions, the whole time traveling aspect, and the 20 minute live action TV episodes in between acts are all really cool. At the very least, go rent it at Red Box or something. I'll play through it again with different choices to see if I get different things.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 10:34 PM)
Is it just me or are the faces in the Show much worse this year? Lawrie, Putnam and Navarro look nothing like they do in real life and that are the only ones I have noticed in a game and a half so far

Yeah, Navarro looks horrible. Abreu/Saladino do as well but they're too young to get scanned, I think

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 08:23 AM)
Yeah, Navarro looks horrible. Abreu/Saladino do as well but they're too young to get scanned, I think

The guys who make the OSFM roster do a better job at faces then MLB The Show creators do and it is sad lol. Also the batting stances suck this year too

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 10:12 PM)
The guys who make the OSFM roster do a better job at faces then MLB The Show creators do and it is sad lol. Also the batting stances suck this year too

Here I am 40 games into my updated MLB 15 the Show with perfect OSFM rosters and faces just loving it.

But enjoy the scoreboard.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 10:12 PM)

Navarro is laughably bad, as is Saladino.

But man, I am RAKING with Lawrie so far. I'm 8 games in I think (6-2) and Lawrie is batting about .400 with 3 HR. Frazier and Abreu are under .200, sounds about right. Rotation is full of guys with ERA's under 2.50, except for Rodon (mostly right, except my Danks is somehow good).

Only trades I made were getting Pat Venditte (I love having the switch-pitching option in mop-up games, it's fun) and Tony Campana (super fast, cost the 3rd worst player in the org.)

Uncharted 4 getting very good reviews so far. Went ahead and pre-ordered my copy today, not something I typically do but the Uncharted series is an exception and Naughty Dog lifting the review embargo 5 days in advance is much appreciated. Oh and Amazon's 20% discount on pre-orders to Prime members is a great idea and incentive enough to sway my decision to pull the trigger.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 5, 2016 -> 07:52 PM)
Anyone playing Overwatch this weekend?

I'm installing it and hoping I have time to play once or twice until the open beta closes. It looks like a cool game and I am definitely a fan of some old-school FPS such as Quake and original Call of Duty. I spent a lot of time on Quake Live. Open beta should be a good sneak peek for me to see if I want to buy the game or not.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 5, 2016 -> 07:22 PM)
Uncharted 4 getting very good reviews so far. Went ahead and pre-ordered my copy today, not something I typically do but the Uncharted series is an exception and Naughty Dog lifting the review embargo 5 days in advance is much appreciated. Oh and Amazon's 20% discount on pre-orders to Prime members is a great idea and incentive enough to sway my decision to pull the trigger.

I'm very excited to get my copy next Tuesday. Graphics look amazing.

I like Overwatch, but I'm not sure how much I'd like having to seriously think about team composition and play defense/support roles. I do like MOBA type games but they can be incredibly annoying if your skill level isn't honed. I'm not the type of guy to spend a bunch of time getting good at PVP games so I can imagine playing against those who do would be bothersome.

QUOTE (South Sider @ May 8, 2016 -> 03:25 PM)
I like Overwatch, but I'm not sure how much I'd like having to seriously think about team composition and play defense/support roles. I do like MOBA type games but they can be incredibly annoying if your skill level isn't honed. I'm not the type of guy to spend a bunch of time getting good at PVP games so I can imagine playing against those who do would be bothersome.

They did have a mode that picked a random hero for you after each death, which is just total chaos.

I had a blast with the beta. Not all the characters were for me but they all feel unique and you can easily see the way each one can dominate a match in the right conditions, how they counter each other, etc. It's a very impressive game. There were some moments that sent me into storm of curse words, like you allude to a little. Most of them involved dying to Bastion, who is basically a character designed to sit in a corner and hit a key/button to spit high-damage laser-accuracy death at everyone. f*** that.