**2016 Video Game Thread**

ChiliIrishHammock24

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 09:04 AM)
I actually was catching a Beedrill the other day and i caught it, and it popped out of the ball and I had to catch it again. I dont know if that was a glitch or whatever, but when it was rolling towards me it jumped out

This happened to me but i was in a grocery store parking lot so i ended up just running away.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 09:50 AM)
Yup, you need better pokeballs that improve the chances of catching better pokemon.

also this was bound to start happening sooner than later.

http://www.snopes.com/2016/07/10/armed-rob...sed-pokemon-go/

Is this something I find at pokestops? or I need to upgrade them myself?

Xbox Live just had this sale where like half the library was on sale... I bought 4 games, knowing I didn't really have the free time to play them.

This is what women experience at Victoria's Secret when they have their semi-annual sale, isn't it?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 10:44 AM)
Is this something I find at pokestops? or I need to upgrade them myself?

I'm pretty sure you will need to get them at pokestops as you continue to level up and they become vital to catching tougher pokemon.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 10:50 AM)
Xbox Live just had this sale where like half the library was on sale... I bought 4 games, knowing I didn't really have the free time to play them.

This is what women experience at Victoria's Secret when they have their semi-annual sale, isn't it?

:lol: I'm so pleased someone was able to cut through the pokecrap to give us this gem.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 01:20 PM)
I got a rare egg that requires 10 KM of walking to hatch. f***, guess I'm talking the dog for a walk today before work. lol

lol i just turned my app on while driving to work for a 5KM walk

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 01:58 PM)
You must have a rough commute. The eggs don't count distance traveled unless it's at a slow speed.

gave me 1.1KM this morning

The game keeps freezing on me when I catch something. The scene when the ball confirms "Gotcha", seems like 1 out of 4 times i have to reset. Which really sucks because it counts the ball used

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 02:25 PM)
gave me 1.1KM this morning

The game keeps freezing on me when I catch something. The scene when the ball confirms "Gotcha", seems like 1 out of 4 times i have to reset. Which really sucks because it counts the ball used

Check your Pokemon, you should have still captured it. Happened to me a few times too.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 05:21 AM)
Check your Pokemon, you should have still captured it. Happened to me a few times too.

Yeah, be glad you're getting the freeze AFTER the stars/gotcha. It happens a lot pre-gotcha and that's maddening.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 03:41 PM)
It has only happened to me pre "gotcha". So I'm losing the catch and the ball

I can always tell by watching the background, it always freezes before the ball stops moving

Weird, it's actually the opposite for me. I can still see leaves moving in the background trees, but the pokeball is frozen.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 10:14 AM)
Yeah, be glad you're getting the freeze AFTER the stars/gotcha. It happens a lot pre-gotcha and that's maddening.

It's not happening AFTER the gotcha message. The ball rolls and rolls and then stops moving....and then nothing. No "gotcha", but the leaves in the background still move around. I force close the app, load the game back up, and my pokemon are in my inventory.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 01:41 AM)
It's not happening AFTER the gotcha message. The ball rolls and rolls and then stops moving....and then nothing. No "gotcha", but the leaves in the background still move around. I force close the app, load the game back up, and my pokemon are in my inventory.

I got this this morning before work, and did not get the pikachu(which i couldnt believe i found). I was pretty annoyed.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 12:11 PM)
It seems like gyms are only friendly to hardcore players now. Tons of super high level Pokemon. Focus on collecting and finding new cool Pokemon

Yeah, I really just play for the thrill of finding something rare. The gyms are hard to take down, and they all seem to be guarded by Vaporeons.

Also, I think I'm the only person in NW Indiana on team Yellow. Every gym is red or blue, so I can't even "train" or whatever. Never seen a yellow gym.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 08:50 AM)
The game list on that is pretty good.

I hope they keep doing retro stuff.

Im actually surprised it took this long. That plug n play Sega Genesis emulator has been out for a long time.

Balloon Fight

BUBBLE BOBBLE

Castlevania

Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Jr.

DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE

Dr. Mario

Excitebike

FINAL FANTASY®

Galaga

GHOSTS’N GOBLINS®

GRADIUS

Ice Climber

Kid Icarus

Kirby’s Adventure

Mario Bros.

MEGA MAN® 2

Metroid

NINJA GAIDEN

PAC-MAN

Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream

StarTropics

SUPER C

Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. 2

Super Mario Bros. 3

TECMO BOWL

The Legend of Zelda

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 09:03 AM)
Im actually surprised it took this long. That plug n play Sega Genesis emulator has been out for a long time.

Balloon Fight

BUBBLE BOBBLE

Castlevania

Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Jr.

DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE

Dr. Mario

Excitebike

FINAL FANTASY®

Galaga

GHOSTS’N GOBLINS®

GRADIUS

Ice Climber

Kid Icarus

Kirby’s Adventure

Mario Bros.

MEGA MAN® 2

Metroid

NINJA GAIDEN

PAC-MAN

Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream

StarTropics

SUPER C

Super Mario Bros.

Super Mario Bros. 2

Super Mario Bros. 3

TECMO BOWL

The Legend of Zelda

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

L090lvT.gif

The only disappointment is that it's missing Castlevania III, which is the best one on the NES. I know you can easily steal any of these games from anywhere, but this is still neato.