2016-2017 NFL Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 8, 2016 -> 04:37 PM)
Smith tore that knee out pretty bad, I dont like taking him at that pick to be honest. I think he's going to take a ton of rehab for the ACL and LCL and possible nerve damage.

Yea not a chance the Bears redshirt another first round pick. If Smith is there in the second round, fine.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 8, 2016 -> 04:05 PM)
Read a story today that he hasn't spent a penny of his paychecks from playing football. He's saved it all instead, nearly 50 million.

Good for him. Good to see someone finally use/save their money instead of blowing it all.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 8, 2016 -> 04:05 PM)
Read a story today that he hasn't spent a penny of his paychecks from playing football. He's saved it all instead, nearly 50 million.

Yep. Didn't spend a dime of his playing money. Pretty much just lived off his endorsements money. The dude is smarter than people portray him as... and he's set.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 8, 2016 -> 05:00 PM)
Yep. Didn't spend a dime of his playing money. Pretty much just lived off his endorsements money. The dude is smarter than people portray him as... and he's set.

Thats the way it should be done. Kudos to him. NFL careers are short and you cannot be blowing all that cash because its over before you know it.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 8, 2016 -> 04:00 PM)
Jack and Trevathan both would play Jack LB spot under Fangio. I honestly hope the Bears can take Jaylon Smith at 11. He's reportedly going to be back in season and if so would be excellent pick at #11. I think the Bears will trade Bennett and end up with 10-11 draft picks. Some free agents to possibly target: LB Danny Trevathan, DL Malik Jackson, OLB Mike Neal, CB Leonard Johnson, OL Brandon Brooks. I think they get one of the free agent TE's as well: Dwayne Allen or LaDarius Green.

I think Jack and Trev can play next to eachother. Can't seem to find the article, but I'm fairly certain Unread an article where Fangio had both Bowman and Willis essentially both doing what a "Jack LB" would do. Both dropped into coverage more than any other ILB, and that's what I'd like to see done here with Jack and Trev.

Alshon is working out at Jay Glazer and Brian Urlacher's Unbreakable gym. I really like this on Alshon's part. I don't know if it all works, but I read an article about all the "cutting edge" equipment they use there and it sounds like it SHOULD help Alshon out a lot.

Here's an article I read awhile ago on the gym.

http://www.mensfitness.com/life/entertainm...nter-jay-glazer

Edited by KyYlE23

I remember when the Bears drafted Forte. We were all bar hopping that day, we saw his name pop up on the bottom line and said "Who the f*** is Matt Forte?" :D

He turned out to be a heck of a back for the Bears. I think it's the right move to part ways for the Bears, but he had a great run here. Hope he finds success on a non NFC North team.

I don't think Langford is gonna be as good of an all-around RB as the Bears think. His drops concern me. Also, his blocking is nowhere near as good as Forte's. I think he'll be fine rushing-wise, which is thankfully most important for a RB, but his pass catching and blocking won't compare to Forte.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 10:31 AM)
I don't think Langford is gonna be as good of an all-around RB as the Bears think. His drops concern me. Also, his blocking is nowhere near as good as Forte's. I think he'll be fine rushing-wise, which is thankfully most important for a RB, but his pass catching and blocking won't compare to Forte.

You don't need a good RB in this league anymore. How many SB's has Minnesota won? It gets proven every year: to win the SB you either need a hall of fame QB with a decent defense, or you need a great defense with an average QB. Everything else is just filler.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 10:35 AM)
You don't need a good RB in this league anymore. How many SB's has Minnesota won? It gets proven every year: to win the SB you either need a hall of fame QB with a decent defense, or you need a great defense with an average QB. Everything else is just filler.

You don't need one, but it sure is nice to have one. Minnesota is just one example. You could also say that Lynch played a big role for Seattle.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 10:46 AM)
Wonder where Matt will go. I'll be rooting for whoever signs him.

He might go to the Packers. Even though they do not typically sign FA I think he would be lethal with them.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Feb 12, 2016 -> 10:37 AM)
You don't need one, but it sure is nice to have one. Minnesota is just one example. You could also say that Lynch played a big role for Seattle.

It can be nice, but if you're deficient somewhere else, that should be the focus. There are a bazillion RB's that are serviceable in the NFL.

Bears have invested quite a bit in finding a serviceable RB. Don't we still have rodgers another year?

Langford had position switches in college, I think he'll be fine blocking.

The main thing I think you lose with Forte is he was remarkable at the RB position for being able to catch over the shoulder balls. Passes you wouldn't try with our other RBs Jay would throw to forte to take on a LB on a deep streak.