2016-2017 NFL Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 18, 2016 -> 01:17 PM)
The comparison used most is Marshall Faulk

He reminds me much more of Forte than he does of Faulk. Faulk was a decent amount smaller and faster than Elliot. Forte had similar size and speed. Obviously, if Elliot has the career that Forte had, that's one hell of a career.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Read on Twitter on my phone and because the twitter web app has decided to do the stupid "best tweets" thing that I can't reverse, I can't find it.

But, Browns looking to trade down, but struggling since now teams don't know what QB would be available. I'd say it's 99% certain 1-2 are QBs at this point.

It's funny, in this draft I"m not sure BPA applies to Bears in round 1. They'll probably have several players rated the same where they draft and can go based on need of DL/OL/CB/LB

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 09:08 AM)
Read on Twitter on my phone and because the twitter web app has decided to do the stupid "best tweets" thing that I can't reverse, I can't find it.

But, Browns looking to trade down, but struggling since now teams don't know what QB would be available. I'd say it's 99% certain 1-2 are QBs at this point.

It's funny, in this draft I"m not sure BPA applies to Bears in round 1. They'll probably have several players rated the same where they draft and can go based on need of DL/OL/CB/LB

I saw that the Browns are looking to trade down also, it was @profootballtalk

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 09:12 AM)
I saw that the Browns are looking to trade down also, it was @profootballtalk

They want to move out. Goff is going #1. Someone that wants to guarantee themselves Wentz could come up for him. Probably need to get in front of Dallas.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 07:46 AM)
He reminds me much more of Forte than he does of Faulk. Faulk was a decent amount smaller and faster than Elliot. Forte had similar size and speed. Obviously, if Elliot has the career that Forte had, that's one hell of a career.

Elliott actually reminds me of a healthy Frank Gore.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 09:08 AM)

This has really pissed me off. I don't use the app nearly as much as I used to because so many tweets are MIA now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 09:25 AM)
This has really pissed me off. I don't use the app nearly as much as I used to because so many tweets are MIA now.

I have tweetbot on my phone, which was unaffected by the change. It has been really jarring when I go to web app/ipad twitter app and don't understand why I'm looking at tweets from 3 days ago.

The trades in this draft have been crazy. I can't remember this many trades at the top of the first round.

Watch Goff/Wentz end up with a HOF career and the Browns passed on one of them.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 12:57 PM)
Wow. I seriously cannot believe THIS year's draft allowed the top two teams to get such sweet packages.

This helps the Bears, especially if Cleveland takes Lynch at #8.

Goff

Wentz

Tunsil

Elliott

Ramsey

Bosa

Stanley

Lynch

Hargreaves

Treadwell

If you sub Bosa for Buckner, the Bears are in prime position to land Buckner or Bosa. Hell, maybe they even then trade back to 15 and pick up another 3rd and 6th and still perhaps get WJ3, Decker, Lawson, Dodd, etc.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 01:02 PM)

Goff

Wentz

Tunsil

Elliott

Ramsey

Bosa

Stanley

Lynch

Hargreaves

Treadwell

If you sub Bosa for Buckner, the Bears are in prime position to land Buckner or Bosa. Hell, maybe they even then trade back to 15 and pick up another 3rd and 6th and still perhaps get WJ3, Decker, Lawson, Dodd, etc.

I will be shocked if the top ten looks anything like that. Especiallly Treadwell top 10.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 01:02 PM)

Goff

Wentz

Tunsil

Elliott

Ramsey

Bosa

Stanley

Lynch

Hargreaves

Treadwell

I'll say:

1. Rams-Goff

2. Eagles-Wentz

3. Chargers-Tunsil

4. Cowboys-Ramsey

5. Jags-Jack

6. Ravens-Bosa

7. Titans (trade back into top 10)- Stanley

8. Browns-Buckner

9. Bucs-Hargreaves

10. Giants-Conklin

11. Bears-Elliott

Solid move by Cleveland. They need help at so many positions, and now they have 12 picks (6 in the Top 100). Yeah, a good QB can make a huge difference, but if they aren't enamored with any of the top guys, then by all means trade down.

As others have alluded to, hopefully this forces a team to hop on Paxton Lynch before the Bears pick.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 01:25 PM)
I will be shocked if the top ten looks anything like that. Especiallly Treadwell top 10.

What other parts do you disagree with? I didn't include Jack because of his knee. We know the top 2 will be QB's. SD needs an OT badly. Elliott makes a ton of sense at 4 for Dallas but so does Ramsey. Ramsey would be an easy pick for the Jags. The Ravens need pass rushing help. The 49ers have lost two top 10 OT's over the last few years and Stanley is really good. Cleveland needs a QB. Tampa really needs CB help. I say Treadwell because NYG needs a WR, S and CB. In my scenario they could go Hargreaves but I have TB snatching him up, but there are rumors he may have failed a drug test at the combine. There's no safety worth taking at 10. Treadwell has as sure of hands as we've seen in awhile.