2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 06:41 PM)
Didn't realize he was that old.

Meh.. 28 (soon to be 29) for a CB isn't that old. Plus he has less miles on his body than the usual players his age.

But his asking price is just scary especially for, all accounts, a zone corner. Norman is a very good player but he's no difference maker. If I'm paying 90+ mil for someone, gimme Mo.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 08:11 PM)
Meh.. 28 (soon to be 29) for a CB isn't that old. Plus he has less miles on his body than the usual players his age.

But his asking price is just scary especially for, all accounts, a zone corner. Norman is a very good player but he's no difference maker. If I'm paying 90+ mil for someone, gimme Mo.

IIRC there were only 4 corners in the entire NFL this year over 34 years old. I gusss there's a chance he could be the exception, but the rule would state that he has about 4 years left. I'd definitely do 4/60 though.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 08:01 PM)
Depending on the bonus money, that isn't that big of a deal. YOu can always cut someone.

Exactly. Pay the man and draft one you can develop.

Love to see Cleveland is going to f*** up another QB draft. Pretty sure they are aiming for Cardale.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 08:38 AM)
Hes not gonna make it that far.

Dallas would be crazy to take Elliott over Bosa or Ramsey. I can't see the Jags, Ravens, Niners, or Bucs taking him. If the Browns and Giants go elsewhere, he'll be on the board for the Bears and I think they'd take him if he is.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 08:18 PM)
Please no. Stanley, Rankins or Reed.

Rankins isn't a fit in the Bears defense. Reed is a good player. Probably a reach at #11 though. Ronnie Stanley would be a great pick though. If you made me guess, I bet they take Shaq Lawson.

Is some team really going to pay Josh Norman 16 million a year?

I think the Panthers were smart to let him go. I'm not sure any CB is worth 16 million a year. Especially not one who had one good year.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 02:48 PM)
What other parts do you disagree with? I didn't include Jack because of his knee. We know the top 2 will be QB's. SD needs an OT badly. Elliott makes a ton of sense at 4 for Dallas but so does Ramsey. Ramsey would be an easy pick for the Jags. The Ravens need pass rushing help. The 49ers have lost two top 10 OT's over the last few years and Stanley is really good. Cleveland needs a QB. Tampa really needs CB help. I say Treadwell because NYG needs a WR, S and CB. In my scenario they could go Hargreaves but I have TB snatching him up, but there are rumors he may have failed a drug test at the combine. There's no safety worth taking at 10. Treadwell has as sure of hands as we've seen in awhile.

Sorry, I was distracted when I was writing and didn't mean it to come across so incredulous at your mock draft, I was going to finish a point that the best made plans are going to be laid to waste in this draft as I think Tunsill is going to be a wildcard that ping pongs around. I wouldn't be surprised if the Chargers go Ramsey or trade down.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 09:02 AM)
Is some team really going to pay Josh Norman 16 million a year?

I think the Panthers were smart to let him go. I'm not sure any CB is worth 16 million a year. Especially not one who had one good year.

Sounds like Tampa Bay or San Francisco might. He's awesome. He's 28 though. Panthers were smart. They obviously reached out to clubs and could only get late round picks in return. By doing this, they'll receive a 3rd round comp pick in 2017 when he signs elsewhere.