2016-2017 NFL Thread

Brad Biggs was on the score this morning musing that the Browns will take Elliott at 8 if he is there, to keep the OSU star in state and try and drive up fan interest. Cardale makes sense too but if they take him at 8, well, that is the Browns for you

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 09:06 AM)
Brad Biggs was on the score this morning musing that the Browns will take Elliott at 8 if he is there, to keep the OSU star in state and try and drive up fan interest. Cardale makes sense too but if they take him at 8, well, that is the Browns for you

Makes sense and they have the picks now to make RB on a high pick.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 08:50 AM)
Rankins isn't a fit in the Bears defense. Reed is a good player. Probably a reach at #11 though. Ronnie Stanley would be a great pick though. If you made me guess, I bet they take Shaq Lawson.

Lawson is a good bet. I'm not sold on Stanley at all, I think he ends up as a RT/guard and we already have that.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 09:06 AM)

Cardale should be a 2nd rounder and I think they would grab him there.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 09:02 AM)
Is some team really going to pay Josh Norman 16 million a year?

I think the Panthers were smart to let him go. I'm not sure any CB is worth 16 million a year. Especially not one who had one good year.

Still not sure it wasn't worth holding him for a year during a championship window. That has to be a pretty freakin big distraction.

I honestly just hope we trade down if we can get more picks in this deep draft. Will be pumped for bosa/jack/ramsey at 11, but would love if we can move down and get someone like Mackenzie Alexander plus picks.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 08:48 AM)
I honestly just hope we trade down if we can get more picks in this deep draft. Will be pumped for bosa/jack/ramsey at 11, but would love if we can move down and get someone like Mackenzie Alexander plus picks.

Assuming Bosa, Ramsey and Brouner aren't there, what's the consensus on Jack's health? The talent might be too good to pass up at 11, but the red flags are pretty red for a team a couple years (best case) from contending.

Hargraves falling to 11 is the most reasonable scenario that would fit a major need. If Lynch is still there, might be able to get somebody to trade up. Maybe somebody who is already a contender would trade up to get Jack if he's still on the board?

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 10:02 AM)
Assuming Bosa, Ramsey and Brouner aren't there, what's the consensus on Jack's health? The talent might be too good to pass up at 11, but the red flags are pretty red for a team a couple years (best case) from contending.

Hargraves falling to 11 is the most reasonable scenario that would fit a major need. If Lynch is still there, might be able to get somebody to trade up. Maybe somebody who is already a contender would trade up to get Jack if he's still on the board?

Jack's knee is apparently about to be shredded

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 09:12 AM)
Lawson is a good bet. I'm not sold on Stanley at all, I think he ends up as a RT/guard and we already have that.

I'm kinda right there with you on Stanley. The thing that concerns me is he isn't that good in the run game and I assume the Bears plan to run quite a bit under Fox. I like the idea of Conklin and Decker more than Stanley in all honesty. I don't think eithers pass protection is THAT bad, and is push comes to shove a year or 2 from now they could always move them to RT.

I'm still iffy on OLB when the Houston/Young platoon was really good last year. I suppose I could see it happening, but I would prefer they not in the first few rounds.

My hope is that Buckner falls.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 10:02 AM)

Myles Jack goes 5 to Jacksonville in my opinion. His knee is fine.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 10:25 AM)
I've read the Chargers worked Jack out in Safety drills. If he did somehow drop, what are your thoughts on playing him there? If Trev or Freeman get hurt you can move him down and not skip a beat.

If Myles Jack is on the board, the Bears should take him. I highly doubt he will be though. Fangio is so multiple on defense that you'd just find a spot and plug him in.

Jack is one of the top 8 players on the board. I take him if he's available. Looking more like Elliot might not get there and I really still think if Lynch is there, he might very well be our pick (unless one of the top dlineman or Elliot fall to us). If it isn't any of those guys, I think we go Hargraves or Leonard.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 10:50 AM)
Jack is one of the top 8 players on the board. I take him if he's available. Looking more like Elliot might not get there and I really still think if Lynch is there, he might very well be our pick (unless one of the top dlineman or Elliot fall to us). If it isn't any of those guys, I think we go Hargraves or Leonard.

Leonard Floyd and A"Shawn Robinson are the 2 guys I really don't want. I don't think Hargreaves is an option at all. Doesn't fit Fangio mold. I can't see them spending a 1st on a 5'10 CB.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 09:08 AM)
Leonard Floyd and A"Shawn Robinson are the 2 guys I really don't want. I don't think Hargreaves is an option at all. Doesn't fit Fangio mold. I can't see them spending a 1st on a 5'10 CB.

I agree he doesn't fit the regular "fit", but I think Hargreaves plays so physical and is so talented, that they look past it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 11:24 AM)
I agree he doesn't fit the regular "fit", but I think Hargreaves plays so physical and is so talented, that they look past it.

I disagree. They have these thresholds for a reason. If it's a CB, I think it'll be William Jackson.

I really dislike the idea of Floyd at 11. I know his draft status is more based on projection, but I was never impressed with him at UGA. Dude didn't stand out in a single game I watched. That's not the type of thing you want with a guy in the Top 15.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 06:28 AM)
I disagree they took White because they needed to replace Marshall.

They had martellus and Alshon as well as Royal and Marquis. WR was not a need