2016-2017 NFL Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 10:44 AM)
For the Bears IMO its a bad pick since they already have a guy that is sufficient for their team. They have glaring holes in the secondary and at LB. I dont think Elliott makes it to them anyway.

I think we all saw flashes from Langford, but in reality, there is a big difference between Langford and Elliot. Elliot is a potential superstar RB. Langford is not. For a team that plans to get off the bus running, there is value to having a potential superstar back plus a solid back. Gives team depth as well (which is critical). Most importantly, when you look at the likely available players, if elliot is there, he is just hands down (in my non expert opinion) better than the other options. Clearly if a stud pass rusher was there you'd have to look that direction. William Jackson is interesting, but didn't he have some off the field issues or am I confusing him with someone else (or an erroneous report)?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 12:44 PM)
For the Bears IMO its a bad pick since they already have a guy that is sufficient for their team. They have glaring holes in the secondary and at LB. I dont think Elliott makes it to them anyway.

For a team that probably wants to run the ball a lot, is "sufficient" good enough? Langford showed flashes, but he also wasn't that good. I'm not big on LB, the DL depth should get them something good in the 2R, all the corners seem like reaches in the 1R, and if they really are cool with Leno, Zeke would make sense to me.

I also trust Donatell to coach up a 3rd round CB and turn him into a very solid player.

I wouldn't mind a Zeke-Vernon Butker-Xavier Howard start to the draft at all.

All that said, I'm guessing he is gone and I can't forsee the Bears trading up at all.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 12:49 PM)
It means he doesn't know when to shut up. That doesn't always go over well with management and coaching staffs.

Totally. Outspoken football players when questioned by the media are basically shunned.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 01:02 PM)
For a team that probably wants to run the ball a lot, is "sufficient" good enough? Langford showed flashes, but he also wasn't that good. I'm not big on LB, the DL depth should get them something good in the 2R, all the corners seem like reaches in the 1R, and if they really are cool with Leno, Zeke would make sense to me.

I also trust Donatell to coach up a 3rd round CB and turn him into a very solid player.

I wouldn't mind a Zeke-Vernon Butker-Xavier Howard start to the draft at all.

All that said, I'm guessing he is gone and I can't forsee the Bears trading up at all.

I dont know, I really liked Langford in college as he was quick and pretty versatile. The Bears are going to be looking at either BPA or someone at LB or DB IMO.

John Mullin ‏@CSNMoonMullin 18m18 minutes ago

#Bears Ryan Pace says they have more than 11 names good for No. 11 - says open to trading down

670 The Score ‏@670TheScore 3m3 minutes ago

The Bears' draft board is set, GM Ryan Pace says.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 12:02 PM)
If I had to guess now, I think the Bears take Jackson, Lawson or Floyd. Either way, I'm good with it. Pace had a solid first draft. If they can find another class with 3-4 starters, I'm happy.

from 2009-2012 bears had 26 picks, 26 PICKS.....only one still on the team....Alshon

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 10:49 PM)
Wow...that is a surprise, right? I'd freaking love Jalen Ramsey. Impossible he falls, right?

I think its pretty safe to say there is going to be 2 or 3 guys that fall to the Bears pick that we would have really doubted would be there before the draft. The Bears are probably going to get a guy that people will say could have went in top 5...is my bet at least.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 08:37 AM)
On the radio today, McShay said he's at the top of the Cowboys draft board

But so is Bosa from other reports.

Who knows though. A lot of what we hear are teams just positioning themselves to make others think what they want.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 08:40 AM)
But so is Bosa from other reports.

Who knows though. A lot of what we hear are teams just positioning themselves to make others think what they want.

Yeah, I wouldn't believe a single word of where certain players are going to go at this point. I'm pretty sure I have now seen more than 15 players linked to going between picks 3-10.

Happy Draft Day, everyone.

I still don't get this Stanley over Tunsil talk. Tunsil was clear-cut #1 material for over a year, and then 1-2 weeks before the draft, he falls? I'm not sure I'm buying it. But if it does happen, they're a bunch of idiots. I like Stanley a lot, but Tunsil is as close of a sure-thing as you can find at LT. The dude is really damn good. He doesn't have any holes in his game. Why must NFL teams make it so difficult on themselves?

No way Ramsey falls too far. I can't imagine any scenario where he makes it past 7 or 8 - even if those teams don't want him, someone will be trading up.